The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Crossbreeding question

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
TofuChild
Visit My Farm

Crossbreeding question

Post by TofuChild »

If you breed a half Baladi horse with a Baladi horse, will you get a pure Baladi?
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Crossbreeding question

Post by Silverine »

You will get an increasing percentage until after a few generations you get back to full Baladi. So 100% + 50% should get you around 75%, etc. You can also get back to full by breeding partials together. Breeding 50% with 50% should give you more than 50% (something like 60% or so, I can't remember right now) and so on until you get back to pure.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm