The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Post by larissar »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:

So if they have the LP gene they will always show spots. Breeding two of these unspotted babies (with LP Daddies) to each other will never produce spots until they mate with a horse with spots, right?

Thanks!!!
QHF
Kind of. The only exception is Varnish Roan and Snowflake. If a horse inherits the LP gene, but doesn't get ANY of the Pattern Genes (there are a bunch of them) then they could appear like a horse that doesn't have LP for the first few years of their life. Snowflakes will begin to appear around 1 year old, and Varnish Roan will start showing up very slowly after a few years. So these horses would give you a higher chance of getting spots, even if they themselves do not have spots.
MuddyPuddles
Visit My Farm

Post by MuddyPuddles »

I finally found a spotty in the adoption centre!!

and massive kudos to whoever is coding this game, you're a genius!
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

Ahh such a lovely update. I was busy lately, but now I have more time and can get right into breeding! C:
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

SeinaMacabre wrote:Ahh such a lovely update. I was busy lately, but now I have more time and can get right into breeding! C:
It is definitely a cool thing!!
GrayGray
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

larissar wrote:ping
Hi! Tell me please. Can there be snowflakes separate from varnishes?
What do alleles mean in the understanding of this game?
I want horses with snowflakes, but I want them to be bright, not gray. Can genes be separated? If Yes, please tell me how to do it?
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

GrayGray wrote: Hi! Tell me please. Can there be snowflakes separate from varnishes?
What do alleles mean in the understanding of this game?
I want horses with snowflakes, but I want them to be bright, not gray. Can genes be separated? If Yes, please tell me how to do it?
Snowflake (as well as all spotted pattern genes) will only show up if a horse has varnish roan. You can probably breed horses to have varnish roan show up later in life to the point where they appear not to have varnish roan - I did a similar thing with fleabitten greys (the fleabites only showed up well after 20 years) so you might be able to do that with varnish roan but I'm not sure.
GrayGray
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

Malakai10 wrote: Snowflake (as well as all spotted pattern genes) will only show up if a horse has varnish roan. You can probably breed horses to have varnish roan show up later in life to the point where they appear not to have varnish roan - I did a similar thing with fleabitten greys (the fleabites only showed up well after 20 years) so you might be able to do that with varnish roan but I'm not sure.
I'm leaning towards it too, but I'd like to hear it from the developers.
Horsesforlife1131
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsesforlife1131 »

What breeds can you use to make an appaloosa
~BHB~ Selling
Visit My Farm

Post by ~BHB~ Selling »

Horsesforlife1131 wrote:What breeds can you use to make an appaloosa
Hello! YOu can see the breed variations if you go down the drop bar and hit help, then Breeds Wiki, (https://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breeds) and then click on the Appaloosa breed. Here is the link to the Appaloosa breed: https://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breed/73. The formula for an Appaloosa is: Spanish Jennet x [Quarter Horse x Mustang]. Have a great day!
HORSES-ROCK!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by HORSES-ROCK!!!! »

:o :o :o :o
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm