The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Official announcements about the new game.
Tigress
Visit My Farm

Re: The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Post by Tigress »

Are the markings visible from the moment they're born ?
Anne
Visit My Farm

Post by Anne »

Tigress wrote:Are the markings visible from the moment they're born ?
From what I've seen so far, snowflake can be a little tricky to spot on newborns. I've had some that looked plain as foals but had some snowflakes visible as adults. The other markings you can see easily when they're born.
Tigress
Visit My Farm

Post by Tigress »

So best thing is to keep them a while to make sure...thanks allot!
Anne
Visit My Farm

Post by Anne »

If you're breeding for snowflake, yeah, I would let them age up a little before re-homing just in case. I'm breeding for blanket and that's easy to see on newborns, so I just re-home them straight away if they don't show it.
reyn
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

Ah, I'm so excited.... Now I can refine my Knabstruppers a bit more :D!
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

Awe a little snow cap butt!!! And I think he's gonna be black too!!

http://img.horseworldonline.net/gallery ... db8fc1.png
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Love the new added genes for appaloosa and paint! I just have to wonder if there is (or will be) genes for the more common white markings on the head and legs that a lot of horses have in real life without being paint or appaloosa?
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

larissar wrote:You can still get patterns by breeding the new ones to the old ones as long as you're breeding a new one with the LP gene. You'll just get very minimal patterns because the old horses don't have any of the pattern genes to pass on.
Okay I have a question. If I breed my original horses (without the LP gene) to a horse with spots and the resulting babies have no spots, can I bred those babies to get spots? Are they carrying the gene and not showing it or did they not get the gene?
Sorry for the basic question but I breeding and getting lots with no spots.
Thanks,
QHF
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:Okay I have a question. If I breed my original horses (without the LP gene) to a horse with spots and the resulting babies have no spots, can I bred those babies to get spots? Are they carrying the gene and not showing it or did they not get the gene?
Sorry for the basic question but I breeding and getting lots with no spots.
Thanks,
QHF
The babies are likely hiding the new genes they would have inherited them from the spotted parent without inheriting the LP gene to actually turn on the spots. So you can breed these babies back to spotted horses and you'll increase your chance of increase white/spotting.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

larissar wrote:
The babies are likely hiding the new genes they would have inherited them from the spotted parent without inheriting the LP gene to actually turn on the spots. So you can breed these babies back to spotted horses and you'll increase your chance of increase white/spotting.

So if they have the LP gene they will always show spots. Breeding two of these unspotted babies (with LP Daddies) to each other will never produce spots until they mate with a horse with spots, right?

Thanks!!!
QHF
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am