The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Post by larissar »

The Appaloosa Pattern has been "spotted" in the Adoption Center.

There are many many genes used to create these patterns and the genes are scatted throughout all the breeds in the Adoption Center.

Only the Tarpan and the Shetland Pony carry the "Master Switch" LP Gene which allows the white pattern to appear. You'll have cross breed with other Adoption Center horses if you want to get the most beautiful patterns in your breeds.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Re: The Appaloosas Have Arrived!

Post by Argent II »

Looks like someone has been working on posing :D

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Is this the big surprise?
Thanks Larissa, these all look great. So happy to see such progress.
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

I have a question. Do the horses that have the gene have some spots? If I am adopting a horse to try and get the gene, must they have spots or is it hidden?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Questhaven wrote:I have a question. Do the horses that have the gene have some spots? If I am adopting a horse to try and get the gene, must they have spots or is it hidden?
The spots will only appear on the horse if the horse has the LP gene, but they can still be hiding all the other genes even if they don't have spots.
You can take a solid coloured horse, breed it to a horse with spots, and get more spots on the foal. You'd have at minimum a 50% chance of getting spots.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

larissar wrote:
Questhaven wrote:I have a question. Do the horses that have the gene have some spots? If I am adopting a horse to try and get the gene, must they have spots or is it hidden?
The spots will only appear on the horse if the horse has the LP gene, but they can still be hiding all the other genes even if they don't have spots.
You can take a solid coloured horse, breed it to a horse with spots, and get more spots on the foal. You'd have at minimum a 50% chance of getting spots.

Thanks!
Syn
Visit My Farm

Post by Syn »

So how likely are we to stumble upon a spots-carrier in the non-LP breeds in the adoption center?
APEX STUD
«α» suffix
dutch harness horses
MCh.++ Charcoal «α»
MCh.++ RH Thoughtful «α»
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Syn wrote:So how likely are we to stumble upon a spots-carrier in the non-LP breeds in the adoption center?
There is a 50% chance for a horse to carry spot related to genes.
The Shetland and Tarpan currently have a 10% chance of getting the LP gene every time a new coat is added.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

Oh wow. That's really common. But I guess it's a 50% chance of carrying one of any of the 50+ genes.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
MaliaSilverheart
Visit My Farm

Post by MaliaSilverheart »

Do horses before this update have a chance at hiding an Appaloosa pattern?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 pm