Community Forum

New Tutorial and Quest System

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

New Tutorial and Quest System

Post by larissar »

We've released our Tutorial and Quests!

This is a combined system which guides a new player though many features of the game, and leads into a series of quests which allow you to earn money, experience points and pony tokens.

For those of you who've been playing for a while you'll likely notice many quests completing very quickly, and you may find you are presented with section of the tutorial which you are unable to completed. If you visit the new Quests page (Player > Quests) the page will check which quests you have already completed and reward you.

You may need to refresh the Quests page numerous times until all your previously completed quests are completed.

As always, please report any bugs or other problems you experience while completing the tutorial and quests.
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Re: New Tutorial and Quest System

Post by WILD FLICKA »

About the adopting quests. If I have already done those at some point in my game should it be completed or do I have to do it over in order to complete the quest?
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

You have to redo them.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
equagga
Visit My Farm

Post by equagga »

Will we also have to redo breed creations? I've already ceased working with a few breeds on the way to my target and I'd really rather not need to waste space remaking them from scratch. But, since the achievements for breeds made by those breeds are locked until the precursors are unlocked, I think the game might refuse to acknowledge my progress.
It's set to record only 1st generation births, it seems, so it's also not recording births of say, my Ardennais, since although they're my own line, they're several generations along. Obviously this system will work fine for new players but it would be nice if there was a grandfathering-in recognition of breed creation for players who began pre-quests.
(I'm not as concerned with the adoption quests, since I freshen with blood from there. I don't outcross to other player's horses, currently.)

That issue aside, I like the quest so far and had fun seeing how many I could check off earlier!
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

Yes. And they must be produced from root crosses and you must have the preceding breeds completed as well.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

I just wanted to say that this is why you are the greatest game admin ever:
Link

Seriously, thank you.
Alana
Visit My Farm

Post by Alana »

I agree with the above speaker :D