Community Forum

Who has feathers on a non-pony type build?

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
DarkYuan
Visit My Farm

Who has feathers on a non-pony type build?

Post by DarkYuan »

Looking for feathers to introduce to my thoroughbred, particularly knee-high feathers, but will settle for ankle-high, especially in light colors. I can't find any that aren't bulky and short. Breed is unimportant - will take mixes.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Re: Who has feathers on a non-pony type build?

Post by Totina »

DarkYuan wrote:Looking for feathers to introduce to my thoroughbred, particularly knee-high feathers, but will settle for ankle-high, especially in light colors. I can't find any that aren't bulky and short. Breed is unimportant - will take mixes.
I am trying to breed forest horses with better skills, using arabian lines and sometimes I get a horse with light bodytype and feathered legs. The least bulky horses with a lot of feathering that I have right now are linked below. I usually rehome horses that are too "skinny" (look too much arabian) and some of them have had quite a lot of feather.

ℬℳ Know Glow

ℬℳ Cupressus

ℬℳ Ginger Breeze
DarkYuan
Visit My Farm

Post by DarkYuan »

Totina wrote:
DarkYuan wrote:Looking for feathers to introduce to my thoroughbred, particularly knee-high feathers, but will settle for ankle-high, especially in light colors. I can't find any that aren't bulky and short. Breed is unimportant - will take mixes.
I am trying to breed forest horses with better skills, using arabian lines and sometimes I get a horse with light bodytype and feathered legs. The least bulky horses with a lot of feathering that I have right now are linked below. I usually rehome horses that are too "skinny" (look too much arabian) and some of them have had quite a lot of feather.
Cupressus looks pretty nice! Only about half feathered, but it's better than a black dominant gene. Do you know if it's possible to extend the length of the feather gene, or would I have to start with the maximum length? I think I'd like to stud with him if I may.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

DarkYuan wrote: Cupressus looks pretty nice! Only about half feathered, but it's better than a black dominant gene. Do you know if it's possible to extend the length of the feather gene, or would I have to start with the maximum length? I think I'd like to stud with him if I may.
It is possible to extend the length of feather in horses to some degree I think. The genes that affect feather in the game are of two kinds, one that increase feather and one that decrease it. If I remember it correctly a horse that has none of them (or one of each) has just slightly feathering. A horse that has no feather at all has at least one copy of the gene that inhibit the growth of feather. It means that breeding a feathered horse to a non-feathered horse can result in horses with no or just slightly feathered legs, but they can in turn give foals that grow feather if they inherit the "growth gene" from two parents.

Cupressus is up for stud now.
DarkYuan
Visit My Farm

Post by DarkYuan »

Totina wrote:It is possible to extend the length of feather in horses to some degree I think. The genes that affect feather in the game are of two kinds, one that increase feather and one that decrease it. If I remember it correctly a horse that has none of them (or one of each) has just slightly feathering. A horse that has no feather at all has at least one copy of the gene that inhibit the growth of feather. It means that breeding a feathered horse to a non-feathered horse can result in horses with no or just slightly feathered legs, but they can in turn give foals that grow feather if they inherit the "growth gene" from two parents.
Thanks for all the info on the feathered gene. That'll help a lot with my gene project!
Rogue Lightning
Visit My Farm

Post by Rogue Lightning »

Would you be interested in using this stallion? I've had feathers pop up from time to time.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/639805
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm

Post by roesoftheshadows »

How about this boy if you are interested.
http://horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/638629
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

Lightly feathered Andalusian.

Two lightly feathered Anglo-Normans

They are all horse-type, but are on the slightly heavier end, the lightest I have being medium-light
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm

Post by roesoftheshadows »

lessthanfish wrote:

I would love to breed to this horse, if that would be ok?
(Sorry not trying to be rude just he would be great for my side project)
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

roesoftheshadows wrote:
lessthanfish wrote:

I would love to breed to this horse, if that would be ok?
(Sorry not trying to be rude just he would be great for my side project)
No problem.
He's actually already been retired to my stud farm, so putting him up for public stud is no problem
Become a Patron!