The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Silver gene...

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Andraste
Visit My Farm

Silver gene...

Post by Andraste »

I'm a little confused since it looks to me that the silver blacks/dapples on this game appear more like dapple grays. To my understanding, the silver gene on a black horse is supposed to look like so:

I did a brief skim and this doesn't appear to be something that's been brought up before. Is there something that I'm missing here?
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Re: Silver gene...

Post by Millwood »

In clipped mini horses it gets that silver dappled look which seems to be the most common shade for silver blacks here
skybluepainter
Visit My Farm

Post by skybluepainter »

dapple is simply a pattern. I would assume what its color is when short or clipped would be its actual color. Like my horse in real life would be a dark bay but looks black in the winter (of course, his brown nose gives away his true bay color).
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

The horse posted above is certainly possible here, but the horse posted above is also a young horse and Silver is a gene that changes throughout the horses live. This is also reflected in HWO. As a Silver horse ages the flaxen mane/tail will become less flaxen.
As for the dapples this is genetically controlled so if you find a Silver horse with the correct combination of "silver helping" genes then you can get the dapples turned off.
MoonRiver130
Visit My Farm

Post by MoonRiver130 »

Silver has no standard look. Sometimes it produces dapples, sometimes it doesn't. sometimes it changes over time or lightens the coat, and sometimes it darkens it to nearly black. The only thing that is 100% true of silver is that it only shows on horses with base black. The expression is just as varied as other colors, like shades of chestnut for example.

Image (roan silver bay)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am