The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Human sizing

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
MMStable
Visit My Farm

Human sizing

Post by MMStable »

I thought I'd mention something that's been bothering me for a while and it's the height of the woman standing next to each horse. She must be about 180cm (almost 6 feet) tall. I don't know many women who are that tall, and frankly she makes my average size horses (14-16hh) look tiny. I hope you consider making her shorter (say, 165cm or 5ft 5) so that horse sized horses don't appear pony sized. Or make her a man! :lol:
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Human sizing

Post by larissar »

She should be scaled so she's about 5'6". The horses height is currently measured from the highest point on the withers. Are you measuring from this point as well? Link me to a couple of your horses and I can double check the scaling.
MMStable
Visit My Farm

Post by MMStable »

Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Just to throw in my two penneth, as a 5'6 woman with a 15.3hh horse, I'd say the scaling is almost bang on. I don't quite reach his ears with the top of my head when his neck is relaxed (as in the hwo images) and the point of his wither is just below my shoulder height (he is a slightly low withered cob). What could be throwing it a bit is that the woman is standing by the head rather than the shoulder, makes it a little more difficult to judge?
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

She looks like 6 feet 4 or 5 inches to me. Here are the profile pages for two horses:

Prince of the Hunt, Shetland Pony, 23 inches -- looks to be literally "knee high" to her.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/15804

Solar Power, Belgian, 18.3 hh
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/161004

The top of the woman's head seems to be just slightly higher than Solar's withers (18.3 = 6 ft. 3 in.); the soles of her boots appear to be level with the bottom edges of his hooves.

While 6' (1 m. 82 cm.) women aren't the norm in some parts of the world, people in general are getting taller.

What really bothers me about her is that her hands look weird -- somewhat too big, with long, thin fingers. Was the image adapted from a photograph? It seems as if some indication of perspective, shading or highlighting, could be missing. :?:
MMStable
Visit My Farm

Post by MMStable »

I've just browsed through my horses and with some of them she looks about 5'6" but especially with the bigger ones, she definitely grows couple of feet.

But I have to agree with Scythian, her hands (and arms) look really unnatural
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

:oops: Larissar, apologies for not mentioning this possibly important data set sooner. I'm using either of two computers:
:) a well-seasoned Windows machine running Vista (OS) and FIrefox, or
:D an even better-seasoned PowerMac G4 with Mac OSX 10.4.11 and Firefox (which is very frequently updated; the program's authors seem to be very dedicated to keeping users capable and protected, even on older hardware).

Even with somewhat different, older versions of FIrefox on the Mac, the groom has always rendered as ~6'5" or ~1m95cm. When I looked at MMStable's horses on their profile pages, the same scaling appeared; I held up a straightedge to the monitor to be sure. :geek:

:D MMStable, two beautiful horses you have there! I'm sure Twist Infusion is a bay. He's the same height as my Solar Power, btw, and the groom is level with his withers too (at least with my setup). Imperial Dream is Roan Dunskin -- Roan: darker color on face and upper legs; Dun: dark stripe along back; skin short for buckskin, cream dilution of bay.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

She's a giant again... http://imgur.com/a/RJMh8

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:58 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:58 pm