The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Bitapetrone wrote:This is why I only care about high scores. The actual score a horse can obtain is the only thing related to competition success that cannot be artificially inflated.
Wholeheartedly agree.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Inflated points are irrelevant because points are irrelevant and titles are irrelevant. Any crappy horse can earn a title if you enter it in enough shows. The only problem is when people then try to advertise that horse as a champion, as if it has accomplished something. Some people are gullible and won't think to check the competition history to see how those points were earned. Like Bita says, the only valuable piece of information is the competition score.

What *is* cheating is using bugged shows to inflate your income. That's hard on the game economy ad can cause real problems.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

BlackOak2 wrote: My point is, if your horse manages to pull a win (whether that's first, second, third, fourth or fifth), from a large field of entries, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll pull a huge amount of points. But if they manage to pull a win from even a small field of five entries, but those entries are prime examples for that competition, you are almost guaranteed to be awarded a lot of points. Of course, the level of the competition also offers a bit to the minimum point values that can be awarded.
This is incorrect. The number of points you are awarded is based on the number of entrants in the competition, not the quality of the entrants. I think the level of the comp itself also has some influence, so you'd get more points in a lvl 10 show than a lvl 5 show with the same number of entries.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I wrote about it many times!

Well, if the horse cannot be evaluated correctly by the amount of points and wins it earned, why bother to take part in competitions at all? Argent, you're basically saying we should take it easy. But it's IMPORTANT part of the game. Points must mean something, as long as I can remember. Rankings are totally wrong now, and half of the game is dead. There's no motivation to work and raise your farm to the top. No motivation for the competitive players, who are willing to come and play and pay for it. Without it you're basically left with "the most beautiful horse" contests.

I don't think money is the problem here. Money can't buy anything really important like premium account or bonus. They are irrelevant. They don't mean anything. It doesn't matter if you have several billions - you can't spend it on something decent when all the courses are done and farm is established. Costs in this game are so small it's easy to play even with 10k on the balance.

I myself took part in inflated shows several times, I will not say I'm innocent, I have horses with inflated points, but your horses were the beginning of the story. As long as they're still on top, I won't hesitate to name you a cheater.
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
sandyleigh79
Visit My Farm

Post by sandyleigh79 »

ok this argument is destroying this game, have u not noticed so many don't compete anymore?
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_2 »

sandyleigh79 wrote:ok this argument is destroying this game, have u not noticed so many don't compete anymore?
I agree with you sandyleigh79. People can do what they want with their horses as long as the game allows it. For me, I will not compete my horses in any more "inflated competitions".
Feel free to PM or Ping me if you need something.
sandyleigh79
Visit My Farm

Post by sandyleigh79 »

I'm still going to enter my horses even if it takes a month to run, I'm not intimidated! whos with me?
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_2 »

sandyleigh79 wrote:I'm still going to enter my horses even if it takes a month to run, I'm not intimidated! whos with me?
If you meant entering normal competitions, then i am with you.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

How about we agree to disagree on the two seperate topics until the admins actually weigh in on them? I say that until the admins actually say something, that even though it's not fair to people who don't understand the system,
to drop the arguments. It's not cheating unless the admins agree no matter how fair or unfair people think it is.
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_2 »

vallers wrote:How about we agree to disagree on the two seperate topics until the admins actually weigh in on them?
Great idea!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am