The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
sandyleigh79
Visit My Farm

Re: Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Post by sandyleigh79 »

totally agree
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Hello all. We've been watching this thread and are aware of your concerns. We will make an announcement when a decision has been made.
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_2 »

Tom wrote:Hello all. We've been watching this thread and are aware of your concerns. We will make an announcement when a decision has been made.
Thank you. Hope y'all admins will come to a decision soon.
Feel free to PM or Ping me if you need something.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I'm happy to see the game team will say something about it.

It's a little pointless to choose only non-inflated competitions. Mostly because any competition can become inflated, it's easy thing to do, 5 minutes and 100 horses are entered. Of course, you can try to avoid it, but the possibility is here anyway.

By the way, I chose to make an inflated competition today with 1kk purse. I entered only my own horses. And I noticed really interesting thing about the prize money. The difference between the amount of prize that game announced and actual prize money is about 42.000$. I counted it twice, carefully, then checked several competitions to prove it. Another bug?

link to my competition
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... ?edition=1
prize money - actual prize = 42349. I was able to check earnings on my second account, there's no mistake. Where did my money go?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... edition=14
another competition hosted by me, daily recurrence
prize money 75751- actual prize 77522 = -1771. This time game assigned addititonal money out of nowhere.
And the same thing is happening in every competition. Why?
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Farant wrote:I'm happy to see the game team will say something about it.

It's a little pointless to choose only non-inflated competitions. Mostly because any competition can become inflated, it's easy thing to do, 5 minutes and 100 horses are entered. Of course, you can try to avoid it, but the possibility is here anyway.

By the way, I chose to make an inflated competition today with 1kk purse. I entered only my own horses. And I noticed really interesting thing about the prize money. The difference between the amount of prize that game announced and actual prize money is about 42.000$. I counted it twice, carefully, then checked several competitions to prove it. Another bug?

link to my competition
prize money - actual prize = 42349. I was able to check earnings on my second account, there's no mistake. Where did my money go?

prize money 75751- actual prize 77522 = -1771. This time game assigned addititonal money out of nowhere.
isnt that because you also get the entree fee?
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

8arbarossa wrote:

link to my competition

isnt that because you also get the entree fee?
no. the amount of entry fee which should go to my account is 58000, and I received it.58000 was added to the purse. I did the math :D
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 3&start=30 Oh, the continuation of this topic.
I already talked a lot about points and money (who did not understand the essence because of polemic with Argent - I think that this is bad and I want that the bugs will be fixed).
But I would like to say here that simply limiting the number of horses is not the best solution (I would have removed it from the racing, because in reality it is not so). We need to revise the system as a whole.
Why? If I want to breed horses for sports, I should look at their results (% in dressage, for example). And I need to know the potential of each of my horses, even mares. However, it is impossible to train and record every horse for competitions. What to do? This: http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... ?edition=1
I enter all my horses of dressage line for 10 (for example) in-breed tests and get an approximate statistics of who and what can do. What will be difficult to accomplish with the restriction on the number of horses.
Why should this stay? Because in reality there is about the same thing, therefore for dressage horses there are similar tests that allow to determine their potential, not entering all the competitions to the GP.
Or think of some other way to do it, because it would be cool. In any case, the system of competitions should be reviewed in general.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

link to my competition

Fifth place also gets prize money and points, but it has never been displayed in the results.
hdmcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by hdmcminn »

Farant wrote:I wrote about it many times!

Well, if the horse cannot be evaluated correctly by the amount of points and wins it earned, why bother to take part in competitions at all? Argent, you're basically saying we should take it easy. But it's IMPORTANT part of the game. Points must mean something, as long as I can remember. Rankings are totally wrong now, and half of the game is dead. There's no motivation to work and raise your farm to the top. No motivation for the competitive players, who are willing to come and play and pay for it. Without it you're basically left with "the most beautiful horse" contests.

I don't think money is the problem here. Money can't buy anything really important like premium account or bonus. They are irrelevant. They don't mean anything. It doesn't matter if you have several billions - you can't spend it on something decent when all the courses are done and farm is established. Costs in this game are so small it's easy to play even with 10k on the balance.

I myself took part in inflated shows several times, I will not say I'm innocent, I have horses with inflated points, but your horses were the beginning of the story. As long as they're still on top, I won't hesitate to name you a cheater.
I agree with Farant. Whether or not it is technically cheating, it negates a large portion of the game to artificially inflate points. Also, not eventually aging out top horses makes another portion of the game completely irrelevant for newer or other players. Which is why I have always aged out my top horses eventually. Otherwise it just isn't as fun.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hdmcminn wrote:
Farant wrote:I wrote about it many times!

Well, if the horse cannot be evaluated correctly by the amount of points and wins it earned, why bother to take part in competitions at all? Argent, you're basically saying we should take it easy. But it's IMPORTANT part of the game. Points must mean something, as long as I can remember. Rankings are totally wrong now, and half of the game is dead. There's no motivation to work and raise your farm to the top. No motivation for the competitive players, who are willing to come and play and pay for it. Without it you're basically left with "the most beautiful horse" contests.

I don't think money is the problem here. Money can't buy anything really important like premium account or bonus. They are irrelevant. They don't mean anything. It doesn't matter if you have several billions - you can't spend it on something decent when all the courses are done and farm is established. Costs in this game are so small it's easy to play even with 10k on the balance.

I myself took part in inflated shows several times, I will not say I'm innocent, I have horses with inflated points, but your horses were the beginning of the story. As long as they're still on top, I won't hesitate to name you a cheater.
I agree with Farant. Whether or not it is technically cheating, it negates a large portion of the game to artificially inflate points. Also, not eventually aging out top horses makes another portion of the game completely irrelevant for newer or other players. Which is why I have always aged out my top horses eventually. Otherwise it just isn't as fun.
And I wish to add that it would be perfect to add geldings. And competitions will work without problems. Breeders produce top stock, sell it without worrying about other people getting their precious lines. It can consume a lot of time and energy to produce a decent horse. Geldings would be perfect for competitions, and breeding stock can be evaluated by the quality of the offspring.

I would also vote for the money reset. As I said before, it wouldn't be a great deal to earn money back even without inflated competitions.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:17 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:17 am