The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Farant
Visit My Farm

Re: Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Post by Farant »

Argent wrote: No, it's not misleading the admin to say the money you earned from exploiting a bug needs to be removed. It's economic hygiene for the game. When players cheat, admins correct this by removing the ill-gained items. You're lucky that you probably won't get banned. You're just being selfish and trying to get away with cheating, regardless of it's potential detriment to the game itself.
Bombicilla wrote: [...] tie the participation of the competitions to the energy scale to eliminate the problem of "immortal" horses, then the game generally will come to life without any additional interventions from the developers for a long time.
Look at you cleverly regurgitating a suggestion that has already been made and planned to implement.
Since the bug is in the game mechanics, there's no one who didn't use it at all. Can you name, please, how many players from the earnings top should be punished? Bombicilla isn't the only one who used it. Oh, or should we punish everyone who took part in the competitions, because they earned billions as well? Make your point clear, please. I would like to hear it.

All suggestions are just words. Why do you think she can't use certain words just because they're a part of some sort of list? Do you have a copyright somewhere?
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Argent wrote: No, it's not misleading the admin to say the money you earned from exploiting a bug needs to be removed. It's economic hygiene for the game. When players cheat, admins correct this by removing the ill-gained items. You're lucky that you probably won't get banned. You're just being selfish and trying to get away with cheating, regardless of it's potential detriment to the game itself.

Look at you cleverly regurgitating a suggestion that has already been made and planned to implement.
Talking to you is hard work, I think I should be paid extra for it :)
I already wrote what I'm doing this for, but especially for you I'll repeat why I'm doing this.
If I wanted to use the bug for the benefit of myself, I would not make myself billions. But many players know about it and use it for easy play without showing it (because they are not idiots). And given the passivity of the admins to make at least something to do with this can only break the economy.
Even if you delete my money, even if you delete my account - the economy is already spoiled. Everyone knows about the bug and will use it. Until it is fixed.
In other words, it makes no sense to remove money or ban someone - you need to fix the bug.
By the way, I have nothing against deleting my money (but I repeat, without fixing the bug it does not make sense), although I would like to spend it on contests, which I am doing now.
About the mechanics of the bug you have repeated many times, so I do not have the desire to repeat it and generally respond to your messages. It was the last time. If you want to object something - read through my previous posts. Because, as I expect, I will have to respond to your posts in the style of " ctrl + c ctrl + v"
Really? It's a good news
Velvetpie16
Visit My Farm

Post by Velvetpie16 »

Argent wrote:
Farant wrote:I wrote about it many times!

Well, if the horse cannot be evaluated correctly by the amount of points and wins it earned, why bother to take part in competitions at all? Argent, you're basically saying we should take it easy. But it's IMPORTANT part of the game. Points must mean something, as long as I can remember. Rankings are totally wrong now, and half of the game is dead. There's no motivation to work and raise your farm to the top. No motivation for the competitive players, who are willing to come and play and pay for it. Without it you're basically left with "the most beautiful horse" contests.
You evaluate your horse based on it's scores. The it's not being judged as quality just because everything is is so mediocre. If you're judging your horses' quality by their points or earnings, you're doing it wrong. I'll put value in points when they're actually worth something.
Farant wrote: I myself took part in inflated shows several times, I will not say I'm innocent, I have horses with inflated points, but your horses were the beginning of the story. As long as they're still on top, I won't hesitate to name you a cheater.
How exactly did I cheat? By having horses better than everyone else's so they were afraid to compete against me? Sorry your horses suck...?
Farant wrote: I would also vote for the money reset. As I said before, it wouldn't be a great deal to earn money back even without inflated competitions.
I'm not interested in losing the 100mil I earned honestly just because some people are cheats. Resetting the earnings records at the new year might help. Those who cheated to inflate their incomes should have money earned from the inflated shows removed from them.
'

hello Argent my name is Velvet, I breed dressage horses good ones too... I have three studs with Green Movement.. i cant for the life of me get a green movement mare, it appears you have quite a few of them... i really need one, could i per chance convince you to sell just one? plz im begging!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm