Community Forum

Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Post by 8arbarossa »

A short time ago i read a post of
Argent wrote:Argent
, talking about inflated competitions. Competition where you can only enroll your own horses so its starts immediatly. In this way you can host lots of competitions per day that start immiatly and instantly giving your horses huge amounts of points. 600point per competition is easy, so you can get 10000points or more in a day, making the worst horses supreme grand master champion.

When i found out, i also hosted a few inflated competitions but it didnt feel right so i dont enroll all of my horses in a single competition.

Now i read another post about inflated competitions/
zarathustra wrote: Thats some way you got there... adding competiton point to your belgian. You could almost say its cheating, dont you agree? :twisted: 600 points per competition is pretty nice though :lol:
I recently finally got one of my Belgians in the Top horses list with most points. I am on the bottom of the list. But now i see competitons wich i cant enter, giving a another players Belgian lots of points.

So the question is: Who thinks inflated competitions are a form of cheating.

My opnion is that everybody can do it, to test horses, but dont over do it... what do you think?
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Re: Inflated competitions, Cheating or not cheating?

Post by Claire_2 »

8arbarossa wrote:A short time ago i read a post of
, talking about inflated competitions. Competition where you can only enroll your own horses so its starts immediatly. In this way you can host lots of competitions per day that start immiatly and instantly giving your horses huge amounts of points. 600point per competition is easy, so you can get 10000points or more in a day, making the worst horses supreme grand master champion.

When i found out, i also hosted a few inflated competitions but it didnt feel right so i dont enroll all of my horses in a single competition.

zarathustra wrote: Thats some way you got there... adding competiton point to your belgian. You could almost say its cheating, dont you agree? :twisted: 600 points per competition is pretty nice though :lol:
I recently finally got one of my Belgians in the Top horses list with most points. I am on the bottom of the list. But now i see competitons wich i cant enter, giving a another players Belgian lots of points.

My opnion is that everybody can do it, to test horses, but dont over do it... what do you think?
I was the one with the Belgain. I am truly, deeply sorry :oops: I came across a post saying the more horse there is in a competition, the more points will be awarded to a horse, so I decided to try it out :cry: I did not want to cheat, and i am willing to do anything to apologies. I can rehome that Belgain if it will make you forgive me :oops: :( :? I just started this game for a few months, and i apologies truly for my sin :twisted: In my opinion, I now think that it's cheating. I know how many points you can earn from competitions like this, and it's really unfair for dedicated players that worked hard to get their horses to the top. Once again, I apologies for my mistake and I will not repeat it again, I swear. It was the first time I tried it and it will be my last too :oops:
Last edited by Claire_2 on November 4th, 2017, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to PM or Ping me if you need something.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

8arbarossa wrote:A short time ago i read a post of

Since everyone can do it, then it isn't cheating. It is up to individuals to determine how they want to get their horse's wins, as long as it is within the game play. On top of that, no one can say they can only enter their horses, they can choose to enter 50 of their horses, but other people could still enter.

Everyones opinion is different on inferiority, I may breed to a particular stallion for color, build or trait. If people are worried about breeding to an 'inferior' stallion/mare with 'inflated' scores, then they need to take the time to carefully evaluate the potential horse. This is the responsibility of the person wanting to breed, not the owner of the 'inferior' stallion/mare. It is easy enough to research what events the horse in question has been entered and who was the competition.
Last edited by Baranduin Brewster on October 31st, 2017, 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

duplicate post
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

I know you didnt want to cheat. Its a ingame feature, so the game maker probably has a purpose for it. I also did it in the past and lots of others aswell. I didnt mean to attack you. i was wondering what people think of it and who considers it cheating.

So dont feel bad about it, everybody tries it. i wouldnt rehome your horse, its not that bad of a horse and you can still enter random competitions or breed with him. Dont kill him :lol:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Since everyone can do it, then it isn't cheating. It is up to individuals to determine how they want to get their horse's wins, as long as it is within the game play. On top of that, no one can say they can only enter their horses, they can choose to enter 50 of their horses, but other people could still enter.

Everyones opinion is different on inferiority, I may breed to a particular stallion for color, build or trait. If people are worried about breeding to an 'inferior' stallion/mare with 'inflated' scores, then they need to take the time to carefully evaluate the potential horse. This is the responsibility of the person wanting to breed, not the owner of the 'inferior' stallion/mare. It is easy enough to research what events the horse in question has been entered and who was the competition.
Wenn i breed i also dont look at competition points but conformation stats. For me the problem is not the breeding but the fact that it also influences the Horse Rankings. Some times when i look at horse rankings i see horses with red stats on top positions. That give a false perspective on the real topranking horses, i think.

but i can agree with you if you say its not cheating
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_2 »

8arbarossa wrote:I know you didnt want to cheat. Its a ingame feature, so the game maker probably has a purpose for it. I also did it in the past and lots of others aswell. I didnt mean to attack you. i was wondering what people think of it and who considers it cheating.

So dont feel bad about it, everybody tries it. i wouldnt rehome your horse, its not that bad of a horse and you can still enter random competitions or breed with him. Dont kill him :lol:
Hahaha okay :lol: I won't kill him ;) in my opinion, i think it's kinda cheating. It is very unfair to those who works really hard entering competitions day and night just to get their horse to the top. I have a racing stallion who is now #2 by point and I know how hard it's to get a horse up the ranking list. I enter him in competitions day and night :) and it's hard work. I think they should delete this feature to make the game fair. It's just an opinion, so those who are against it please don't come chasing at me :roll: 8-)
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Claire_2 wrote:
8arbarossa wrote:I know you didnt want to cheat. Its a ingame feature, so the game maker probably has a purpose for it. I also did it in the past and lots of others aswell. I didnt mean to attack you. i was wondering what people think of it and who considers it cheating.

Hahaha okay :lol: I won't kill him ;) in my opinion, i think it's kinda cheating. It is very unfair to those who works really hard entering competitions day and night just to get their horse to the top. I have a racing stallion who is now #2 by point and I know how hard it's to get a horse up the ranking list. I enter him in competitions day and night :) and it's hard work. I think they should delete this feature to make the game fair. It's just an opinion, so those who are against it please don't come chasing at me :roll: 8-)
i knew you would get it :D
i just wanted to open the discussion a bit .
people that respect the game and the time players put in to it dont do it to often. But no worries noboby is chasing at you :lol:
Or are they?? :twisted:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Claire_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_2 »

8arbarossa wrote:
Claire_2 wrote: Hahaha okay :lol: I won't kill him ;) in my opinion, i think it's kinda cheating. It is very unfair to those who works really hard entering competitions day and night just to get their horse to the top. I have a racing stallion who is now #2 by point and I know how hard it's to get a horse up the ranking list. I enter him in competitions day and night :) and it's hard work. I think they should delete this feature to make the game fair. It's just an opinion, so those who are against it please don't come chasing at me :roll: 8-)
i knew you would get it :D
i just wanted to open the discussion a bit .
people that respect the game and the time players put in to it dont do it to often. But no worries noboby is chasing at you :lol:
Or are they?? :twisted:
Don't tell me there are any :lol: :lol: I am gonna stress out :shock: But Baranduin Brewster has got a point. When everyone can do it, is it still consider as cheating? :P :? I don't really have an opinion now, but I won't enter my horses in any inflated competitions again though 8-)
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

8arbarossa wrote:
Baranduin Brewster wrote:

Wenn i breed i also dont look at competition points but conformation stats. For me the problem is not the breeding but the fact that it also influences the Horse Rankings. Some times when i look at horse rankings i see horses with red stats on top positions. That give a false perspective on the real topranking horses, i think.

but i can agree with you if you say its not cheating
I look at the conformation stats too, but when evaluating an outside horse, I will look at the competitions it has been in and how it scores/ranks. As far as having red stats, it doesn't particularly matter to me, unless I'm breeding for all green/gold stats, I have come across in my own lines horses with 55+K HGP, with two red stats. It could even be a plan for a decent event horse to have a stat in a red, I know several other games where having a low score in the main stat is a bonus. It is a strategy, nothing wrong with it, like I said, you need to evaluate the horse.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Become a Patron!