The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

<CS> Beauty and Storytelling Contest <ENDED>

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: <CS> Beauty and Storytelling Contest <OPEN>

Post by Tisha »

Sky Bay Stables wrote:FINALLY a storytelling contest! ( not that I'm any good at that, though :lol: )
Jahim

( 1st person )
I gaze at the rolling green hills, seemingly endless, in wonder. If only I could run away from this place where the humans try to strap fabric onto me and whip me when I don't gallop fast enough for them.
I'd be free!
But sadly, I am destined to live here, suffer here, and die here.
Today starts the same as yesterday, the day before, and every day since my birth. Eat the revolting mush. Let snotty little human foals ride me. Get whipped by the big, bad human stallion.
I hate most humans. Mother says they're a very dominant, smart but fur-less breed. I disagree. Horses would never hurt and whip one of their own. I think they're a whole new species.
Humans are odd animals. They have no fur except on the top of their heads and thin little strips above their eyes, barely as big as a worm. Their eyes can be blue, nearly black, green, hazel and mud-brown. They have oval heads with thin lips; their noses and muzzles are the strangest of all, though.
They basically have no muzzle or snout- their faces are flat except for their noses which stick out like sore thumbs, with tiny little nostrils that wouldn't be able to smell a big pile of dung even if it was right in front of them.
As for their fur, it can be yellow, brown, black, ginger, white, gray, blond, champagne-colored, black and gray or even blue- their Herd-Leader's daughter has sky-blue fur.
It can be straight, wavy or even similar to a Bashkir Curly's- lots of bouncy locks and tight curls.
I feel a sharp stinging pain. My head jolts to the side- the human foal has just whipped me and is now choking me with the ropes he has carelessly left hanging around my neck. It rubs against the flesh, leaving my skin underneath my thin fur irritated.
I whinny and rear up in pain. The human screeches and tumbles off my back.
The Herd-Leader tries, and fails, to grab one of the ropes or straps on me.
I barrel out of the pasture, jump over a fence, and ride free towards those rolling green hills that I saw earlier.
I feel the summer breeze and the soft grass beneath my hooves.
I am not one of those tame ponies blundering around the Arena- I am a wild Arabian, and will always be.
Beauty component: 25/50
You can't just give me an arabian stallion that has one of the most common colours. Adjusting his weight would earn you more points, but...

Storytelling component: 45/50
I really liked your story, it has just the right amount of detail and description.

Score:70

Rating: Good.
<CS> Racers
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Meyersdale wrote:ok that sucks
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
next time i will type one
Do you wish to type one now? I can postphone the judging until tomorrow, then you'll have plenty of time to type it.
<CS> Racers
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

that would be amazing thank you so much thank you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

and is it ok if i choose a different horse?
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

West
this horse is on my second account

It was a witery cold, bone chilling december. I’ve been lost for over 3 days now and hunger is starting to get at me. All i could do was winnie in loneliness in the snow storm. I started to here galloping, it was getting louder and louder. Pure white, whiter than snow; stallions canter past me. It was like i was part of them. So i start to gallop with them. The started to loom out off my sight. They were to fast for my little trembling legs. All i had left in was to winnie out to them. No answer. I started to fall. Everything around me starts to go black, a scary dark pitch black like i was falling into the depths of the earth.

I feel a sharp wincing pain in my neck. I look up and there is a black figure looking down at me. I start to tremble all over in fear. The creature backed away and started to walk over to something. It looked like I was in a middle of a field white from snow and has a wood barracked surrounding it trapping me inside.
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

West

sorry did not have a picture up
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

and i don't know why it is not working :cry:
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Meyersdale wrote:and i don't know why it is not working :cry:
it's working I see both of them
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

ok thats good but i wonder why its not showing on mine?
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Meyersdale wrote:ok thats good but i wonder why its not showing on mine?
are you on your phone?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 pm