Community Forum

<CS> Beauty and Storytelling Contest <ENDED>

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Tisha
Visit My Farm

<CS> Beauty and Storytelling Contest <ENDED>

Post by Tisha »

So, I've decided to host another contest. Stormchase was encouraging me to host a storytelling contest while Claire asked if there was another Beauty Contest. So, I decided to combine both. Here are the rules and details.

Rules:
-You can only enter once(Cannot enter on side accounts)
-You can only enter one horse.
-You are to tell a story about the horse you enter.
-You can write as long or as short as you want.
-Your horse must be alive.
-Make sure your story is creative.
-Your horse can be any body type or breed.

Details:
-I will be the judge.
-I judge somewhat harshly
-I prefer horses in good conditions(Weight)
-I will judge by the quality of the story.

Tips:
-I like any kind of horses that has a metallic sheen
-I dislike ugly varnish
-I somewhat dislike Palominos
-I like good vocabulary and grammar.
-I like the horse to have a training sheen.

PRIZES:
1st Place:
A fully trained racehorse (I will link a few for you to choose) OR 3 Free trainings (Each stat to 99.5% or more+ Temperament Adjustment and Weight Management) OR 150K

2nd Place:
2 Free trainings (Each stat to 99.5% or more + Temperament Adjustment and Weight Management) OR 85K

3rd Place:
1 Free Training (Each Stat to 99.5% or more+ Temperament Adjustment and Weight Management) Or 50K

Judging will begin when I deem there has been enough entries.
Last edited by Tisha on December 19th, 2017, 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
<CS> Racers
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: <CS> Beauty and Storytelling Contest <OPEN>

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Yay! It's finally up!
The following story is about the first few days of his life ( it's based on a real thing that happened with my friend's foal )
Here's the "main character" ( he's in my side account if that's alright with you ) :
*SS* Prince of Oaks

The newborn colt opened his eyes for the first time.
The midday sunlight nearly blinded him as he tried unsuccessfully to stand up. He uttered a faint whinny and flopped to one side, unable to get up.
His mother nudged him gently, and urged him to get on his feet.
Slowly, he raised one shaking hoof. Then the other. He was standing up! But he got too excited. In a flash, the world started to darken and he collapsed, his hind leg bent painfully under his body. He could feel that leg going numb, and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Unconscious, his legs crumpled under him.
Hours later, he opened his eyes again only to see a masked creature with a flat face and no hair. It was am ugly thing, to him at least, with beady little eyes, wrinkles and odd little worm-like things attached to a soft, slightly hairy, flat hoof. A thin bluish thing covered its mouth and nose, and it was holding a sharp little needle.
The bizarre creature, which he later found out was a "human being", stabbed him with the needle in his injured leg.
He was alarmed, but thankfully it didn't hurt. A weird, tingling sensation spread from his leg to his body, then his head. He felt exhausted. It wouldn't hurt to take a tiny little nap, would it?
He closed his eyes and immediately passed out.
He woke up with a start. He was curled up next to his mother, enjoying the warmth of her furry body.
He was grateful to be out of the cold, white room with the "human" in it.
He felt at ease, because wherever his mother was, he was happy.
Last edited by Stormchase Stables on December 13th, 2017, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Sorry if the story seems really unrealistic, I don't know what a foal would think the first time it sees a human being :?
And just to clarify, the "worm like things" are supposed to be fingers :lol: :?
Sky Bay Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Sky Bay Stables »

FINALLY a storytelling contest! ( not that I'm any good at that, though :lol: )
Jahim

( 1st person )
I gaze at the rolling green hills, seemingly endless, in wonder. If only I could run away from this place where the humans try to strap fabric onto me and whip me when I don't gallop fast enough for them.
I'd be free!
But sadly, I am destined to live here, suffer here, and die here.
Today starts the same as yesterday, the day before, and every day since my birth. Eat the revolting mush. Let snotty little human foals ride me. Get whipped by the big, bad human stallion.
I hate most humans. Mother says they're a very dominant, smart but fur-less breed. I disagree. Horses would never hurt and whip one of their own. I think they're a whole new species.
Humans are odd animals. They have no fur except on the top of their heads and thin little strips above their eyes, barely as big as a worm. Their eyes can be blue, nearly black, green, hazel and mud-brown. They have oval heads with thin lips; their noses and muzzles are the strangest of all, though.
They basically have no muzzle or snout- their faces are flat except for their noses which stick out like sore thumbs, with tiny little nostrils that wouldn't be able to smell a big pile of dung even if it was right in front of them.
As for their fur, it can be yellow, brown, black, ginger, white, gray, blond, champagne-colored, black and gray or even blue- their Herd-Leader's daughter has sky-blue fur.
It can be straight, wavy or even similar to a Bashkir Curly's- lots of bouncy locks and tight curls.
I feel a sharp stinging pain. My head jolts to the side- the human foal has just whipped me and is now choking me with the ropes he has carelessly left hanging around my neck. It rubs against the flesh, leaving my skin underneath my thin fur irritated.
I whinny and rear up in pain. The human screeches and tumbles off my back.
The Herd-Leader tries, and fails, to grab one of the ropes or straps on me.
I barrel out of the pasture, jump over a fence, and ride free towards those rolling green hills that I saw earlier.
I feel the summer breeze and the soft grass beneath my hooves.
I am not one of those tame ponies blundering around the Arena- I am a wild Arabian, and will always be.
OceanArabians
Visit My Farm

Post by OceanArabians »

Wow, I don't know if I can top those other stories with this one :? they're so good!
Champagne

"What's wrong with him?" I try to keep the panic out of my voice but I'm really worried.
Champagne, my beloved horse, did not wake up this morning. His heart is still beating, but he has been unconscious for more than eight hours now.
"Wake up!" My little sister, Lily, is crying- Champagne is the only horse she isn't scared of, and she loves him so much, nearly as much as I do. She's only nine, and this is very upsetting for her. Her turtle died two days ago, so she is still distraught.. And now this.
The vet enters the stall, a smile on his face, which quickly vanishes once he sees Champagne. "What happened?" He interrogates us, and takes his stethoscope out of his black leather bag.
"I don't know," My father's voice is a little shaky. "He fell asleep last night and-"
"And never woke up," I interrupt. "What do you think is the problem?"
"Is there usually another horse in here with him?" The vet asks, checking my horse's pulse.
"Yes, Valor. He's in the opposite stall right now, just over there." Lily squeaks, pointing towards Valor, who's standing proud and tall in Legend's stall.
"Do they get along well?" He looks over, only to see Valor's spotted backside.
"Usually. They did fight a week ago. But I didn't see Valor and Champagne fighting last night." My mother replies and pats Champagne's neck, even though he probably can't feel it.
The vet lifts Champagne's head up and checks out the other side. One area is bruised and starting to swell, something I had not seen this morning.
"Oh, no.. Valor kicked him, didn't he?" I mumble, and stare daggers at the dun stallion, who looks at me as if to say 'I didn't do anything!'
The vet nods and calls his team to help carry Champagne to an animal ambulance.
"He's in a coma?" My father whispers quietly, so that Lily can't hear him.
The vet gives him a grave look, his face ashen, and marches off.
But Lily, being the smart little girl she is, has already figured it out.
"A hard blow to the head can mean a concussion or... a coma." she sniffs. "I read your veterinary book, Dad. Don't pretend like he's going to be alright."
"I'm so sorry, honey," Dad says, and gives Lily a bear hug.
Of course, I'm jealous, after all Champagne is not Lily's horse, but mine. I stomp away and call Lily all the names under the sun.
"She just wants the attention." I mutter angrily, and lean against the ambulance.
I see four men lifting Champagne onto a stretcher-like thing, then roll him over to the ambulance I'm leaning on.
He stirs. I see one ear twitch, then his gorgeous blue eyes open.
"Stop!" I cry out, and startle the men. "He's waking up!"
The vet inspects him very carefully, then jots something down in a notebook.
"He's good to go. He just needs some TLC."

THE END :D
Toadally
Visit My Farm

Post by Toadally »

I don't know if I can compete with all of these other writers, they all have such amazing stories.
* Horses point of viewing*
The din of the crowd is like no other. I'm harnessed to a weighted stack of logs with another horse I have only seen from the other pastures.The human, a strange creature indeed, uses her whip on me. That's my bloody cue to stat strained steps across this vast field.
I take my first heavy step, the logs move inches behind me. My muscles are bulging, my veins pop out, I could stop pulling but I took a bloody crack of the whip. I make it a quarter of the way, as soon as I lose my pace I feel a sharp crack closer than before, certainly a warning not to do that again. I look across the field there are more horses like me pulling their weight in logs with a partner. It was that moment when I realized this was a race against other, better horses. These horses, they didn't look right eyes wild, and fear stricken they were not pulling at will, they were pulling out of fear of the harsh training and cracks of the whip. I looked at a mighty black stallion; his eyes rolled back and stared almost into my soul. That's when it hit me; I was one of the only horses here that was at least a little calm had. I heard from other horses that a horse with rolling eyes was never to be trusted or be near, they could easily inflict a wound that could take your life with it.
I felt my body tense, my muscles tighten, my body was giving out the load was to much for my body. My eyes rolled, my hooves stumbled, if I was not awoken by something this would be the end of my game. I was harshly whipped many times, I fell against the harnesses this pulled harder. If I was not harnessed in I would have just had a major accident, a life threatening one. We crossed the finish line, in first place
This was my first taste of victory, and for the first time I knew things would get better, at least I hoped. At that moment I fell but more lightly, it didn't hurt me although it helped me regain my wits, and my strength. I had one this beastly competition.

That's just what I think, would be going on in a horses mind. It also kind of goes with my breed of horse, and what I trained him for. :) I wish all of the other competitors the best of luck in this contest.
Last edited by Toadally on December 13th, 2017, 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
luckyhooves
Visit My Farm

Post by luckyhooves »

Good luck everybody!!! I hope, if I don't win, you guys will!
Let me first explain a few things first:
My writing genre is Drama, so this will (I hope) be heartbreaking. I'm not an expert in this but I do enjoy writing so I am going to participate in this.
As I am writing this, California's One ( the main character ) is still alive, but he might not be by the time you judge this story.
This is the horse's point of view but the perspective does change in the second part.
California's One

I am old, and weak.
I can feel my body groaning and can hear my bones creaking.
There's not much time left for me. But I have to live at least one more year for my young son. He is only eight months old, just a little colt. If I die now, he will have to grow up without a father, and I don't want to do that to him.
But as countless days turn into countless nights, I know that my ill heart will not allow me to live until my son's first birthday.
My human, my best friend and owner, doesn't look like she has aged a single bit. She is still young, and I can see that it pains her to see me like this. She probably still remembers when I was a foal, running across those green fields, without a single trouble in the world.
I open my eyes, and try to lift my head.
I manage to raise my head a few inches, just enough to see Californian Royal sleeping with his dam peacefully. At least, when I die, he will still have a parent.
My owner walks up to me and feeds me a nice, crunchy carrot. She gently strokes my forehead, and lets me out of my stall. I enjoy the sunlight, the birds chirping and the fresh air as long as I can. After all, I don't know if I'll live to see tomorrow.
Royal wakes up. He sees me outside, in the pasture, and neighs to catch the human's attention.
She laughs and opens it up. He comes galloping out.
"Good morning!" He whinnies, and bounces around, crushing the grass under his little hooves.
"Good morning. Royal.. come here," I say quietly, sensing my heart and lungs growing weaker every second. I am dying, and there's no avoiding it.
"What? Am I in trouble? Is it because I bit the hairy human yesterday while we were doing slaloms in the arena?" he neighs, confused.
"Stay.. strong," I choke out. "I love you." The world goes black, I close my eyes and embrace the last few moments of my life and take one last gasping breath and..
I hear Royal whinnying and feel his soft muzzle move my head to the side.

TWO WEEKS LATER...
"We're here to honor California's One, or Robbie, as he was known at the stables. Two weeks ago he died doing what he loved most; being outside with his son. The last thing he felt was his son's touch. We hope that someday, he and Royal will find each other again. Rest in peace."
I can barely manage to say the words. I'm absolutely heartbroken, my favorite horse is dead. And Californian Royal hasn't been the same after his sire's death.
I don't know if there's a place where horses' minds go after their bodies die, but I hope there is, because if there's one horse that deserves paradise, it's California's One.
After everyone leaves, I linger around his memorial. It feels like he's still there, nudging my hand so that I can give him more carrots..
It stops raining, as if he's giving me a sign.
meganamber
Visit My Farm

Post by meganamber »

This is my entry. I'm not entering from my side account, as you asked, but my horse is kept on my side account so he doesn't age. Is that ok?
Anyway, here is my story. It is written from the perspective of my entry, Prince Edward. He is looking back on his life. I think it's kinda boring compared to other people's stories, but oh well. Great job to everyone on their stories so far! They are all great!

My story:

I was born, not in a stall, but outside, in the middle of the night. My mother was there by my side, encouraging me to get up as soon as I was born. She did not want me to lay in one spot for very long. Then, I couldn't figure out why she wanted me to move so badly. Now, that I am an adult horse, I realize that she was trying to protect me from predators since I was born outside in the pasture at night. As soon as I was able to stand on my wobbly legs, my mother allowed me to get some milk before she led me away from the large cluster of trees where I was born. It seemed like forever to me before my mother and I finally reached the gate of our pasture. I looked between the rails and saw the barn where I live now for the first time.
Morning came, and strange creatures came running toward the gate where my mother and I were waiting. They had two legs instead of four, and they were uttering very loud noises. I was frightened, and wanted to run away, but my mother remained so calm that I decided these creatures weren't going to harm us after all. They came up to me and touched all over me. At first, I didn't like it, but after a while, I got accustomed to it and it felt good. Besides, my mother was right there, so she wouldn't let anything bad happen to me.
I grew up in that same pasture, running to and fro through the grass, and sometimes, thick, white, cold fluffy stuff that I soon found out was very fun to play in. When I was a year old, the strange creatures my mother called humans started taking her away from me. They would lead her away for a while and then bring her back. Each day she was gone for longer. At first, I was extremely anxious and ran back and forth calling for my mother. I wanted her to be there with me, protecting me and showing me what things were and which grasses were okay to eat. But little by little, I realized that I could do things on my own. I learned to remember what my mother had taught me. I learned to find food and water by myself. I made new friends. And I learned that I didn't always need my mother by my side.
When I was two years old the humans began showing more attention to me. Instead of just petting me, they began putting strange ropes on my head and picking up my feet and giving me baths. I didn't know it then, but all of those strange things were a part of my training to become the horse I am now. This training continued until I was three years old. Then the humans introduced my saddle and bridle. I hated the bridle. The cold metal thing in my mouth drove me crazy. I kept trying to spit it out or rub it off, so the humans changed the bit to a different one that was a lot more comfortable for me. I began to realize that the humans were my friends and that they would try to make my life better for me. Then they began trying to climb on my back. That was a little much for me. I bucked them off every time they tried. But they stuck with it, so I eventually got used to it.
Today, I enjoy my job as a dressage horse. I love pleasing my humans. I love learning new things, and I am so thankful for the way that I was raised. My humans and I are partners. They asks something of me, and I do it, because I like to please them. I have learned so much over the span of my life, and I am excited for the future.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Aaah all these stories are so good except mine! Good job everybody- I really enjoyed doing this and reading your stories ( which, by the way, are amazing )
Got some friends who haven't found this yet but have always been asking for a writing or art contest ( well this is only a writing contest but I might be hosting an art one soon )
Just going to ping 'em here:
GVanner Champ wrote:ping
SC Avalanche wrote:ping
Zer0 wrote:ping
Heaven's Horses wrote:ping
MoonTurkmenes wrote:ping
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Still waiting for at least 4 more entries. :D
Become a Patron!