The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Storm's Story-Freewriting Contest! CLOSED

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Storm's Story-Freewriting Contest! CLOSED

Post by Stormchase Stables »

I liked the idea of the previous storytelling contests, so I'm going to host one!
Here's how to participate:
Enter 1 to 4 horses. Write a story about it/them, have as many characters and paragraphs as you want.
I'll be giving you more good marks if your horses are good looking!
I judge somewhat harshly, being in a Creative Writing course and all :lol:
I like good vocabulary and lots of detail, but I don't judge how good your English is if you're not fluent.
RULES:
-Must be YOUR story! Don't copy and paste :o
-Must be YOUR horse(s)!
-Only enter on ONE account!
-Horses can be on frozen/side accounts but must belong to you
-Should be a good story :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Can be any form of poetry
-Can be something that happened to you
PRIZES:
1st Place- 150k, a trained horse, 8 free breedings to a stallion I own of your choice
2nd Place- 80k and 4 free breedings
3rd place- 30k and 1 free breeding
NO RUNNER-UPS!
Contest is judged and ended when there are enough entries for me to choose from.
Enjoy!
Last edited by Stormchase Stables on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: Storm's Story-Freewriting Contest!

Post by Tisha »

Stormchase Stables wrote:I liked the idea of the previous storytelling contests, so I'm going to host one!
Enter 1 to 4 horses. Write a story about it/them, have as many characters and paragraphs as you want.
I like good vocabulary and lots of detail, but I don't judge how good your English is if you're not fluent.
RULES:
-Must be YOUR horse(s)!
PRIZES:
1st Place- 150k, a trained horse, 8 free breedings to a stallion I own of your choice
NO RUNNER-UPS!
Contest is judged and ended when there are enough entries for me to choose from.
Enjoy!
(Not the story)
Awesome! I love writing!
One question though, before I post my story. Can the horse be dead? Just to clarify.
<CS> Racers
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote:I liked the idea of the previous storytelling contests, so I'm going to host one!
RULES:
-Must be YOUR horse(s)!
PRIZES:
NO RUNNER-UPS!
Enjoy!
(Not the story)
Awesome! I love writing!
One question though, before I post my story. Can the horse be dead? Just to clarify.
Sure. Your horse can be dead.
howrse98
Visit My Farm

Post by howrse98 »

RULES:
-Must be YOUR horse(s)!
PRIZES:
NO RUNNER-UPS!
Enjoy!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1184751

Most Wanted always dreamt of racing like his grandfather in the big leads and seeing other places. His mother doesnt want him to end up like some of her loved ones "dead". Soon time came and Most Wanted was sold to one of the best racing farms in America, his mother Risky Waters was heartbroken watching her son go of and experence the same fate as her previous son Dark Kisses.

Most Wanted soon started racing like he dreamt of when he was a mere colt but then something happened that shook the ground itself as the famous stallion fell for a new racing mare Bullet for my Valentine
( http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1181266 ) so to he knew it was forbidden to love another racehorse but his heart said otherwise as this beautiful creature inchanted him.

As the years went by love bloomed between the two.

"Oh Most Wanted do tell me when il be able to run with you in the medows my love?" asked Bullet for my Valentine as he came to the fence that kept them apart "my sweet angel soon we will very soon" he whispered to her as he saw five humans standing by her paddock talking

"how much?" asked the stranger in blue "well she is one of my best racing mares and her genes are good so she will make a excelent broodmare for your stallion" spoke their owner in admiration "price mr. Grey?" snaped the man in blue again "200000 And she is yours mr turner" the man in blue smiled and looked at Most Wanted's way smirking "il take her"...

Asif ice was thrown on him he reared and wined out in sorrow getting a worried glance from Valentine which only made it worse so he did what he did best he ran and ran as far away as he could from her, the loss of his love forever branded in his mind of the inchanting creature she was would gallop threw his mind once in a while caling out to him in regret and sorrow...

A week has past since she left and Most Wanted was devistated, he was losing his touch ad was weakening, while his owners struggled to come to an conclusion he wished his pain of loss would go away but it never did as it was the last thing he did he got an heart attack causing Most Wanted to realize as love almost made him give up his whole dream "Racing" sadness spreaded threw him but he ignored it as his only goal wish the gates and the finishline that called out to him like his human does him...

With some miricle Most Wanted healed completely and was ready to rock and roll... stepping in the gates he snorted and smiled seepishly as the feeling of his jockey on his back and the insults of other stallions as freedom and excitement spreaded threw him as the doors sprang open with a bang making him jump foward and do what he does run to win... The end
howrse98
Visit My Farm

Post by howrse98 »

howrse98 wrote:
RULES:
-Must be YOUR horse(s)!
PRIZES:
NO RUNNER-UPS!
Enjoy!

Most Wanted always dreamt of racing like his grandfather in the big leads and seeing other places. His mother doesnt want him to end up like some of her loved ones "dead". Soon time came and Most Wanted was sold to one of the best racing farms in America, his mother Risky Waters was heartbroken watching her son go of and experence the same fate as her previous son Dark Kisses.

Most Wanted soon started racing like he dreamt of when he was a mere colt but then something happened that shook the ground itself as the famous stallion fell for a new racing mare Bullet for my Valentine
( http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1181266 ) so to he knew it was forbidden to love another racehorse but his heart said otherwise as this beautiful creature inchanted him.

"Oh Most Wanted do tell me when il be able to run with you in the medows my love?" asked Bullet for my Valentine as he came to the fence that kept them apart "my sweet angel soon we will very soon" he whispered to her as he saw five humans standing by her paddock talking

"how much?" asked the stranger in blue "well she is one of my best racing mares and her genes are good so she will make a excelent broodmare for your stallion" spoke their owner in admiration "price mr. Grey?" snaped the man in blue again "200000 And she is yours mr turner" the man in blue smiled and looked at Most Wanted's way smirking "il take her"...

Asif ice was thrown on him he reared and wined out in sorrow getting a worried glance from Valentine which only made it worse so he did what he did best he ran and ran as far away as he could from her, the loss of his love forever branded in his mind of the inchanting creature she was would gallop threw his mind once in a while caling out to him in regret and sorrow...

A week has past since she left and Most Wanted was devistated, he was losing his touch ad was weakening, while his owners struggled to come to an conclusion he wished his pain of loss would go away but it never did as it was the last thing he did he got an heart attack causing Most Wanted to realize as love almost made him give up his whole dream "Racing" sadness spreaded threw him but he ignored it as his only goal wish the gates and the finishline that called out to him like his human does him...

With some miricle Most Wanted healed completely and was ready to rock and roll... stepping in the gates he snorted and smiled seepishly as the feeling of his jockey on his back and the insults of other stallions as freedom and excitement spreaded threw him as the doors sprang open with a bang making him jump foward and do what he does run to win... The end
I hope its good not my best stories but hope itl do tho ;)
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

howrse98 wrote:
howrse98 wrote:

I hope its good not my best stories but hope itl do tho ;)
Thanks for entering- Your story's great!
DragonHorse!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by DragonHorse!!!! »

Snowy Pepper

This horse's name is Snowy Pepper. She has somewhat of a stripe. TOkay, maybe not really a stripe, more like half her body. This came from her father, Roi Filippe. He was a beauty. Very pretty indeed. The two colors of Snowy Pepper were beautiful to admire, but one day got her into very big trouble.
Snowy Pepper was pacing around in her green pasture with two of her friends. She seemed restless, but no one knew why. When one of her fellow horses came over to try to comfort her, she put her ears flat back and tried to bight. {Talk about a moody pony!!} Snowy Pepper snorted and wandered to the far corner of the pasture, where there wasn't much grass. As Snowy looked around more, though, she found part of the driftwood fence broken. She nudged it with her muzzle and it was even looser then she thought. The nighttime came, and Snowy Pepper decided to stay in the corner. She could feel the eyes of the horses in her own pasture and the ones next to hers. She just snorted and closed her eyes and slowly drifted into a restless sort-of sleep.
A peculiar noise awoke Snowy Pepper with a start. She looked around to see her friends sleeping huddled against the late fall wind. She turned back and looked out the pasture with her ears as far up as she could get them. There was a noise in the bushes. Snowy didn't move. She hears a whisper and then sees two men wandering around, coming from the direction of the barn.They had some of the horse equipment but they also had money, probably from the office, and a few things Snowy Pepper had seen from outside. She whined. The men turned towards her. One stuck his hand out and she bit it. He pulled it back and slapped her, hard on the side of the head. The other smiled, his nasty yellow teeth shining. "Why don't we just take it with us. Look at the coloring, I bet we could make a few hundred off of that." He snickered. "I won't be the one leading the stupid beast." said the one Snowy Pepper had bit. "Fine, but let's get this done fast." The people slipped one of the halters they had stolen onto Snowy Pepper {without much ease} and hooked on a lead rope. The tore off the loose board in the fence and broke another so Snowy could get through. Snowy would not move when they pulled on the rope. They pulled harder and still nothing. Finally, Snowy neighed as load as she could and reared up. She put her ears back and frightened the men so much the dropped all their stuff and ran. Then, Snowy Pepper chased after them, urging them to go faster and faster. Without their knowing, she herded them towards the barn, where the owner, DragonHorse!!, was asleep next to another horse who had fallen badly ill. Snowy neighed again and woke her owner. Her owner then captured the thieves and tied them up and called the cops. She put the stolen goods away and gave Snowy a huge carrot and a good rubbin' for the thanks.
The end!!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

DragonHorse!!!! wrote:Snowy Pepper

This horse's name is Snowy Pepper. She has somewhat of a stripe. TOkay, maybe not really a stripe, more like half her body. This came from her father, Roi Filippe. He was a beauty. Very pretty indeed. The two colors of Snowy Pepper were beautiful to admire, but one day got her into very big trouble.
Snowy Pepper was pacing around in her green pasture with two of her friends. She seemed restless, but no one knew why. When one of her fellow horses came over to try to comfort her, she put her ears flat back and tried to bight. {Talk about a moody pony!!} Snowy Pepper snorted and wandered to the far corner of the pasture, where there wasn't much grass. As Snowy looked around more, though, she found part of the driftwood fence broken. She nudged it with her muzzle and it was even looser then she thought. The nighttime came, and Snowy Pepper decided to stay in the corner. She could feel the eyes of the horses in her own pasture and the ones next to hers. She just snorted and closed her eyes and slowly drifted into a restless sort-of sleep.
A peculiar noise awoke Snowy Pepper with a start. She looked around to see her friends sleeping huddled against the late fall wind. She turned back and looked out the pasture with her ears as far up as she could get them. There was a noise in the bushes. Snowy didn't move. She hears a whisper and then sees two men wandering around, coming from the direction of the barn.They had some of the horse equipment but they also had money, probably from the office, and a few things Snowy Pepper had seen from outside. She whined. The men turned towards her. One stuck his hand out and she bit it. He pulled it back and slapped her, hard on the side of the head. The other smiled, his nasty yellow teeth shining. "Why don't we just take it with us. Look at the coloring, I bet we could make a few hundred off of that." He snickered. "I won't be the one leading the stupid beast." said the one Snowy Pepper had bit. "Fine, but let's get this done fast." The people slipped one of the halters they had stolen onto Snowy Pepper {without much ease} and hooked on a lead rope. The tore off the loose board in the fence and broke another so Snowy could get through. Snowy would not move when they pulled on the rope. They pulled harder and still nothing. Finally, Snowy neighed as load as she could and reared up. She put her ears back and frightened the men so much the dropped all their stuff and ran. Then, Snowy Pepper chased after them, urging them to go faster and faster. Without their knowing, she herded them towards the barn, where the owner, DragonHorse!!, was asleep next to another horse who had fallen badly ill. Snowy neighed again and woke her owner. Her owner then captured the thieves and tied them up and called the cops. She put the stolen goods away and gave Snowy a huge carrot and a good rubbin' for the thanks.
The end!!
Thanks for entering! Sneaky sneaky, using my former horse's daughter :twisted: :lol: :lol:
JemCle
Visit My Farm

Post by JemCle »

Love this idea! Here's my entry :)

I took on Peri as a beautiful 5-year-old Arabian mare after a friend of mine, Sally, who had bred her, became terminally ill. This incredible mare had blossomed into a stunning colour and I had promised Sally that I would look after her, continue her training and compete her as an endurance horse whilst she focussed on getting her health back.

Peri very quickly became a sort of mother figure to my mares. She was by no means the oldest or wisest but she had that calming, sweet nature. She had a natural talent for endurance which was enhanced by her ability to remain unphased by anything. We had some great wins together and I tried to keep Sally updated with photos and videos as much as possible but it wasn’t the same for her.

After months in the hospital and over a year of rehabilitation, Sally’s health deteriorated once more. She was critically frail and the doctors couldn’t be sure that she would see it through. Although weakened by her illness, Sally still had determination and she had one wish to see Peri.

I, of course, was all for the idea of Sally coming to the yard to see Peri. At first, I was sad to see such a strong woman in such a fragile state. She was sunken into her wheelchair and connected to various tubing but what stunned me the most was Peri. This notoriously calm mare was whinnying and circling her stable. Her ears attentive, her eyes widened. She knew.

I led Peri out of her stable as Sally approached. Peri was excitable but remained still. When Sally was within touching distance, Peri lowered her head, breathing heavily as she controlled her excitement. Sally placed her hand on Peri’s head, right between her eyes. A smile emerged. A tear fell. A moment that would be cherished because that moment right there changed everything.

Over the next week, Sally went from strength to strength. A year later she was a different woman. Her illness had left her as an occasional wheelchair user but that didn’t stop her determination and love for horses. She regularly visited Peri and even managed to get back in the saddle.

Peri and Sally were a team made for each other. Strength, focus, calmness, determination, hard work and natural talent made them so well-suited. That brings me to today. I’m writing this story because 6 years ago, Sally became so ill that she could no longer care for Peri and today, I’ve just witnessed them win their first Endurance race together. This one's for Peri, our little miracle mare.
Malakai20
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai20 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:.
The foal's pale brown body slipped onto the grass. He panicked slightly, he was cold, his chest hurt - why did it hurt? The newborn weakly thrashed and he gasped his first breaths. It felt great; his chest did not hurt anymore but his face was freezing! He lifted his head, opening blue eyes onto the dark, blurry form of his dam.

Her sides heaved slightly as she lifted her lying body to gaze at him. He stretched his to her and found he could not reach her face. His mother shifted slightly and, to his astonishment, stood up. Her body dragged the wet, sticky membrane off his body. He shivered and stared at his mother.

His pale eyes switched to binocular vision as he studied her with tortilla ears stiffly focused on her. What a fascinating thing to do, to stand! Perhaps he should try?

Before his trembling body could move, the mare, Sands, sauntered to him. Sands snuffled the bits of membrane that remained on the colt's rump. She started to lick and bite at it. The colt moved his head, constantly trying to get up. He hated this 'lying down'. It made his one side, the right side that was touching the ground, feel like his body did when he was evicted from his lovely - however cramped - warm and dark home.

The colt extended his gangling legs to either side of his front. He wanted to get up but did not know what to do. He shook his head in irritation and flicked his ears before settling them near pinned to his head. His mother walked to his head; she nuzzled his face.

"Get up," she said, in words-that-were-not-words. "don't you want to play?"

With whom? he thought to ask and yet knew not how to. With what?

Sands lick her baby's ear. Her sweet, pale, little colt with white legs and dark points. He was of a similar, although darker, colour than that of his hazel-eyed, amber cream sire. He looked little like her green-eyed, wild bay self. He was her first foal - the only foal she would ever have, she was sure. Her previous foals were born still, so still. The browns, the bays, the buckskins... too still, too pale.

This colt of hers would live! He would grace the world with his coat of cream and legs of white! With his wide, pale eyes and attitude of majesty. He would be fast, fast as the wind as his sire was. He would be strong enough to leap over the great hedges of the steeplechase. Yes, her only foal would be nothing but perfect!

Her colt pushed with his front legs, half getting up but forgetting his back ones. He stumbled and fell back down. This, however, reminded him that the had four legs, not just two. This time, still wobbly, he lifted himself up. Front legs out and then back. His chest swelled and he pranced to his mother. Look what I did! he wanted to say.

His mother snorted at her fool colt, as the foal had no co-ordination for stumbling to her, let alone the proud, energetic step of a stallion or * yearling!

Said fool wore a look of irate indignation with pinned ears, flared nostrils, narrowed eyes and slashing tail. The mare felt to laugh as much as a horse could do so. Oh, the hilarity of a wet foal, covered still in amniotic fluid mixed with blood giving a look of such vexation!

The repeated his first success at standing. This time, however, he cautiously trod to his dam's flank - a pleasant smell he could not identify originated there. Not that that said much; after all, what could he identify but the smell of his mother, the earth, wood and grass?

That almost startled him as he realised that only he and his mother were in the paddock. He strangely felt as if there should be more horses: mares, fillies, other colts and a stallion. He drew himself, nervously, to his mother. Maybe if he went closer to the unknown smell, the thing smelling of warmth, comfort and something that made his stomach feel empty and his throat parched.

His neck twisted in a way that looked uncomfortable as he drank the sweet milk of his dam. It filled him with its delight and warmth; it made him feel excited! His legs, filled with warmth and light and life and sheer energy pranced and bucked and galloped around his dam in the clear, chilled night.

Sands nickered at him, her beautiful foal, and cantered with him, slow and steady as he sped around the paddock with all the grace of a morbidly obese walrus. They played, dam and colt, for an uncounted time; taking simple joy in the moment with each other.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 pm