The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Quarter Horse Contest

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Re: Quarter Horse Contest

Post by Abbih »

Round 4
FYI in Reining and barrels, only e horses were entered and in the contest.

Barrels
1. NR Washington
2. MFI Be My Valentine
3. NR Quartergold
4. MFI Doulton
5. HH Smoking Wish
6. SF Miner's Gold Hightail

Reining
1. HH Smoking Wish
2. NR Washington
3. NR Quartergold
4. MFI Be My Valentine
5. MFI Doulton
6. Miner's Gold Quarter

Cutting
1. HH Smoking Wish
2. MFI Be My Valentine
3. NR Washington
4. NR Quartergold
5. MFI Doulton

All-around
1. NR Washington
2. HH Smoking Wish
3. MFI Be My Valentine
4. NR Quartergold
5. MFI Doulton
6. Miner's Gold Quarter
7. SF Miner's Gold Hightail
BlueFive55 wrote:.
Baranduin Brewster wrote:.
Mega wrote:.
Native Ranch wrote:.
rosie0922 wrote:.
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

Final results. If you won, please link a re-home able horse so that I can give out your award. Please make sure it can be rehomed. Easiest way to guarantee this is to either link a Colt under breeding age or mare with no foals. There are a ton of them on the market for cheap.

PS. What does everyone think about doing this next month?

Barrels
1. NR Washington
2. MFI Be My Valentine
3. NR Quartergold
4. HH Smoking Wish
5. MFI Doulton

Reining
1. HH Smoking Wish
2. NR Washington
3. NR Quartergold/MFI Doulton (tie)
5. MFI Be My Valentine
6. Miner's Gold Quarter

Cutting
1. HH Smoking Wish
2. NR Washington
3. MFI Be My Valentine
4. MFI Doulton
5. NR Quartergold

All-around
1. NR Washington
2. HH Smoking Wish

3. MFI Be My Valentine
4. NR Quartergold
5. MFI Doulton
6. Miner's Gold Quarter
7. SF Miner's Gold Hightail

Native Ranch - $7,500 (All-around, barrels)
Mega - $7,500 (reserve All-around, cutting, Reining)
Baranduin Brewster wrote:.
Mega wrote:.
Native Ranch wrote:.
rosie0922 wrote:.
Native Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Native Ranch »

Abbih wrote:Native Ranch - $7,500 (All-around, barrels)
Thank you so much for hosting this contest. I really liked the idea and I know how much effort you must have put into this. So you can keep the prizemoney. For next month perhaps you can raise the entry level (most horses will exceed level 5 by now) or we could all just enter new horses... Thanks again
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

Abbih
yay that was fun. But i don't need the money either. I just like to enter contests. So i was just in it for the bragging rights. Thanks for holding it.
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

Abbih wrote:Ok, so I'd like to get an idea of how many people are interested. I would run five level 5 cutting, barrel racing, and reining competitions open only to quarter horses. I would award $2,500 to the winning horse in each event after I have totaled each horses points. I will also have an all-around and award $5,000 to 1st and $2,500 to 2nd. so here's the rules:

1) Each account may only enter 2 horses. This does not mean each person. It's per ACCOUNT.

2)If you do not enter beforehand, your horses will not count and your points will be passed to the people below your, for example, if an unentered person wins an event, in the books, 2nd place will receive 1st place points, 3rd place will receive 2nd's, et cetera.

3) You must declare your 2 horses beforehand. If you do not and only enter 1 horse, that is your only horse in the competition. If you enter more, I will look at each horse's HGP and the 2 with the lowest will be your competition horse. So declare them!

4) The day before, I will enter enough of my own horses to ensure there are at least 10 horses in each event. Unlike an unentered person's horse, the points they earned will not be passed down.

Please quote me every time you write on this so that I get a notification. I will quote any person entered when I make an announcement. I am hoping to start sometime next week or the week after. My second account will run the competitions (abbih2)
Would anyone be interested in me rerunning the competition with some changes?
I would open it to all horses, not just quarter, add in some more western events, allow each account to enter 3 horses, eliminate the 4th rule (I will still add in enough horses that wouldn't win anything to guarantee 15 entries, and you wouldn't have to declare the horses you want to enter unless you entered more than 3 horses and you don't want the 3 that did the best in the first round to be your competition horses (you would still need to let me know before hand if you were entered so I could keep track of points). Is there any interest? I might also add more prizes if enough people are interested.
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

Id do it
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

I'm thinking of adding either pole bending, western trail, or working ranch. Depending on how ling it takes me to increase my number of shows ran, I might add two events. I'm hesitant to add western pleasure since only 1 horse can be entered.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm