The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Free Writing Contest Held by Kamichi Stables!(CLOSED)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Free Writing Contest Held by Kamichi Stables!(CLOSED)

Post by Kamichi Stables »

Please read entire post before posting your story please!
I have decided that I want to hold a free writing contest. I want at least one of your horses you have bred or you own in your story. It can be about anything, whether it be them as a human or a story about their life.
Rules
-Must be your own story
-No copy & pasting
-One entry per person
-I mean it!
-That means for all of your accounts!
-Any form of poetry
-If a poem at least 5 stanzas
-If a story at least 5 paragraphs
-IF it comes down to two stories the one with the better grammar wins
-Otherwise grammar won't be counted against you, but please try
-So I know you have read this much, type !!) before your story
-Horse can be dead!
-No complaints!
-Please do not use the quote button when posting your story, I do not want to be annoyed
Prizes:
1st: $14,000 & 3 $1 breedings
2nd: $8,000 & 1 $1 breeding
3rd: $3,000
Just to make sure you have been reading the rules, at the end of your story type 143)!(hit enter then put the code)
Have Fun!-contest ends March 24th, 2018 No late entries!
Last edited by Kamichi Stables on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Re: Free Writing Contest Held by Kamichi Stables!

Post by apparanch »

Kamichi Stables wrote:Please read entire post before posting your story please!
I have decided that I want to hold a free writing contest. I want at least one of your horses you have bred or you own in your story. It can be about anything, whether it be them as a human or a story about their life.
Rules
-Must be your own story
-No copy & pasting
-One entry per person
-I mean it!
-Any form of poetry
-Horse can be dead!
-No complaints!
-Please do not use the quote button when posting your story, I do not want to be annoyed
Prizes:
Just to make sure you have been reading the rules, at the end of your story type 143)!(hit enter then put the code)
Can one of the characters be a retired horse?
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

TabbyWelch wrote:
Kamichi Stables wrote:Please read entire post before posting your story please!
Rules
-Must be your own story
-No copy & pasting
-One entry per person
-I mean it!
-Any form of poetry
-Horse can be dead!
-No complaints!
Prizes:
It states in the post that horse can be retired/dead :)
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Post by apparanch »

LlamaLlama99 wrote:
TabbyWelch wrote:
Oh okay, I'll send my post in tomorrow
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

TabbyWelch wrote:
LlamaLlama99 wrote:
Oh okay, I'll send my post in tomorrow
I also asked that you do not use the quote button. Please follow the rules!s :D
DragonHorse!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by DragonHorse!!!! »

Quick question. So there have been a few free-writing contests I have entered. Is it possible to put in a story I wrote for another contest or does it have to be original? I'm just wondering because I want to do a new one and am going to try, but if for whatever reason I run out of time and still want to enter before the deadline, will I be able to enter something I already did? Thanks for your time and have a GREAT day!!
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

DragonHorse!!!! wrote:Quick question. So there have been a few free-writing contests I have entered. Is it possible to put in a story I wrote for another contest or does it have to be original? I'm just wondering because I want to do a new one and am going to try, but if for whatever reason I run out of time and still want to enter before the deadline, will I be able to enter something I already did? Thanks for your time and have a GREAT day!!
Yes you can! If you want you can put a story you have used before and if you finish a new story, just replace it in the post you put the first story in.
DragonHorse!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by DragonHorse!!!! »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
DragonHorse!!!! wrote:Quick question. So there have been a few free-writing contests I have entered. Is it possible to put in a story I wrote for another contest or does it have to be original? I'm just wondering because I want to do a new one and am going to try, but if for whatever reason I run out of time and still want to enter before the deadline, will I be able to enter something I already did? Thanks for your time and have a GREAT day!!
Yes you can! If you want you can put a story you have used before and if you finish a new story, just replace it in the post you put the first story in.
Okay, thanks!!
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Post by apparanch »

!!!)
For as long as Aria had been alive, she had wanted a horse. Aria had always dreamed of galloping down fields and valleys on a stunning horse of her own. She lived with her adoptive parents, since her biological parents had abandoned her on the side of the road as a baby.As a child, she had always been adventurous; she loved to test the boundaries and live on the wild side however her parents would never let her look after her own horse since they believed that she would lose interest in it and the poor horse would become neglected. You see, Aria and her family lived on a farm. The fields were filled with tedious cows that would stare at Aria with their large tired chestnut eyes. Whenever Aria would ask her mother for a horse, Fran would simply reply, "The cows are enough, prove that you can take on a horse of your own and then we'll have this conversation." Aria had tried to connect with the mare that her parents had bought for the barn, she even named her Summer; but the mare was sometimes unfriendly and Aria was not able to ride her since her parents would never allow her.

One bright morning, Aria finished collecting the chickens' eggs and decided to stop round her friend Nova's house. Nova herself was arrogant and liked to boast about the many rosettes and trophies she had earned with her various horses, but Aria would spend her time watching Nova's horse Jackson in the field. Jackson was 15.1hh Buckskin Stallion who had competed in many different competitions and shows. He had a wonderful little tail that would flick about when he show jumped. "I wish I had a horse, you're so lucky Nova." Aria would tell her constantly and Nova would smirk as usual with the old, "You'll get your own horse one day probably. Or you can have one of my old mares."

but Aria didn't want any old horse, she wanted a horse that stood out. As Aria cycled home, she tried to keep in the tears that glistened by her eyes. It was hard to be surrounded by people who didn't appreciate what they had. When she reached home she decided to prove to her parents that she could look after a horse. Aria put on her boots and trampled through the dry mud to the barn. Summer snorted when she saw the approaching girl, she was sick of Aria trying to change her into a horse that she wasn't. Aria had always tried to ride her as a child, because she wished that she had her own competitive horse but when Aria approached her this time, it was almost as if Summer knew that she wouldn't try to force her this time. Aria reached towards her slowly, stroking down her forehead. Summer started to calm down and stop kicking down her hoof onto the ground. "Good girl, Summer!" Aria encouraged her.
"Well done, Aria. She seems really peaceful now." Her father, Martin told her; he had been resting against the side of the barn. Aria beamed back at him, her hair in a sleek brown ponytail. Her eyes were an icy blue.

Later that afternoon, Aria poured gravy over the neat stack of chopped orange carrots on her plate. "So we've been thinking, and we've decided that we would like to purchase a new horse. It was going to be a stallion for your mother as a present, but we've decided that maybe you can take ownership IF and only IF, we start to see you taking more interest in helping out." Martin smiled whilst holding Fran's hand.
"Are you serious?!" Aria yelled, overjoyed. It was the moment she had been waiting for her whole life, she could picture it now: Riding a stunning stallion with expensive tack, his perfect movement hypnotizing the hundreds of thousands of people who had traveled to see the famous stallion and his owner.

Aria's Mother took off the blindfold, revealing a Red Dun stallion with a beautiful shaggy mane and long silky tail. Aria ran over, she gasped at his beautiful features. "He's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" Aria felt happy tears creeping up but she blinked them away. "You can name him." Fran smiled at her ecstatic daughter. Fran had her short blonde hair in a short low ponytail and she also was blinking away tears that started to appear in her blue eyes. "What about, hmm...? Phoenix?" Aria suggested, Phoenix whinnied and tossed his head happily and Aria giggled. "Perfect." Martin laughed along with her.

It wasn't long before Aria and Phoenix were training, hard. They would spend up until sunset training with ground poles, trotting poles, Cross rail jumps and riding through courses that Aria had spent time setting out. After weeks of hard work, sweat, gaining trust, failures and successes; Aria entered herself and Phoenix into a local show and she almost cried happily when they came second. Nothing could be better, slowly they would work their way up to the top as a pair. Martin and Fran were so proud of the two and never regretted their decision to buy Phoenix.

Then there came the day. Aria woke up early and raided the fridge for carrots to give to Phoenix and Summer. She skipped to the barn but when she looked around, Phoenix was no where to be seen. Summer snorted and stamped her hoof against the ground, she looked agitated and restless. Then she realized that the gate was wide opened and ran outside. "Phoenix!? Where are you?!" Weeks past by, and Phoenix was nowhere to be seen. Everybody knew about lost Phoenix, the poor stolen stallion who had once had so much potential but no one knew where he had gone. Fran and Martin could barely cope seeing their daughter so depressed, it seemed that nothing would cheer her up.

So they bought Champ, their only hope of cheering up Aria. Champ was a graying Arabian stallion, with tiger eyes and the sweetest personality. Aria never wanted to continue show jumping as it felt like giving up on ever finding Phoenix. But she loved Champ now and she started to heal, everything started to feel alright again. When she cried, he was always there sitting patiently in the barn to comfort her. Champ was her savior in a way. Years went past and she grew to move on and heal, it would never be the same without Phoenix but nothing could be done to help.

And then an email arrived in Martin's inbox. It read:

Dear Aria Wilkerson

It seems that we have found your stallion, Phoenix. He was abandoned at our farm after the horse thieves were suspected and wanted to rid themselves of him. Would you like us to bring him over?

Sincerely yours,

Richard Parker

Briar Hollow - Find your horse!

So a girl who had been dumped as a baby, found her long lost competitive horse and took great care of her other two. "Anyone from anywhere can do anything." Aria had quoted as she held up her trophy, while Nova watched from her large television set. Her mouth in a perfect "O".
143)
Last edited by apparanch on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 pm