The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

*The December Challenge!* - Finished!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Sypherthrax
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Final results! + Lottery

Post by Sypherthrax »

Totina wrote: I also want to thank everyone for your participation! There will be a lottery at December 23 for everyone who did not place among the top 2 in any category. There is an update in green text in the first post for more information about the lottery.
Thanks for adding in the lottery! This was a fun competition. I almost had Beginner Racing in the bag until I forgot the very last event! :oops:
stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Post by stephanie111 »

Totina wrote:
Bitapetrone wrote:1st place - English Elite and 2nd place - Western Elite. 100,000 + 50,000 = 150,000 in-game money.
Pick an additional prize: free training of a one of your horses or a horse from pasture: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/34998
Alaina wrote:2nd place - English Elite 50,000 in-game money.
sfts wrote:1st place - Western Beginner: 100,000 in-game money.
Pick an additional prize: free training of a one of your horses or a horse from pasture: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/34998
Lekara wrote:2nd place - English Beginner 50,000 in-game money.
Congratulations to the winners! It says what you have won inside the quotes for each player

How to claim your prize:
For the money you will have to put up a horse for sale fir the amount of money that you have won. This needs to be a foal or a horse with no offsprings that you don't want.

If you have placed 1st and choose a horse that I have bred and trained you will have to add at least 10 000 to the sale price. The horse you chose will be sold to you for the same amount of money that you added to the price.

If you choose to have a horse that you owned trained by me you should put that horse up for sale for at least $10 000 and when the training is finished the horse will be sold to you for the same amount of money.

The minimum price of $10 000 is due to the risk of someone else buying the horse before you do if the price is too low. Since there are no private sales yet this is one way of minimizing the risk of the horse being sold to the wrong player.

Answer to this thread with your choices and links to any horse that will be used for the prize money.

I also want to thank everyone for your participation! There will be a lottery at December 23 for everyone who did not place among the top 2 in any category. There is an update in green text in the first post for more information about the lottery.
Thanks for adding the lottery! I think it gives a fun ending to an amazing competition! Do I still get to enter even if my horse died? Her name was Speed and she was in begginer endurance. I did not enter may times, only once.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Sypherthrax wrote:
Thanks for adding in the lottery! This was a fun competition. I almost had Beginner Racing in the bag until I forgot the very last event! :oops:
Aww, that's unfortunate. Better luck next time! I will surely host another competition similar to this one in the near future. :)
stephanie111 wrote:
Thanks for adding the lottery! I think it gives a fun ending to an amazing competition! Do I still get to enter even if my horse died? Her name was Speed and she was in begginer endurance.
Of course! The competition was for players not horses. All players who have showed one horse or more in at least one of the events will have at least 1 point and should be on the list of contestants. Any player who has not entered more than 1 or 2 shows in total, for whatever reason, can still win the lottery as long as they show their interest to me, either by PM or in this thread.
stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Post by stephanie111 »

Totina wrote:
Sypherthrax wrote:
Aww, that's unfortunate. Better luck next time! I will surely host another competition similar to this one in the near future. :)
stephanie111 wrote:
Thanks for adding the lottery! I think it gives a fun ending to an amazing competition! Do I still get to enter even if my horse died? Her name was Speed and she was in begginer endurance.
Of course! The competition was for players not horses. All players who have showed one horse or more in at least one of the events will have at least 1 point and should be on the list of contestants. Any player who has not entered more than 1 or 2 shows in total, for whatever reason, can still win the lottery as long as they show their interest to me, either by PM or in this thread.
Thanks so much! This appealed so much to me because it seemed like a fun way to connect the entire HWO community through friendly competition. Great job on creating it and thanks os much!
kahielle
Visit My Farm

Re: *The December Challenge!* - Results + Lottery!

Post by kahielle »

totina wrote:
I am online and will be for the next couple hours if you want to post Triad. Thank you so much for running this! Was tons of fun. <3
sfts
Visit My Farm

Post by sfts »

Totina wrote:
sfts wrote:1st place - Western Beginner: 100,000 in-game money.
Congratulations to the winners! It says what you have won inside the quotes for each player

How to claim your prize:
For the money you will have to put up a horse for sale fir the amount of money that you have won. This needs to be a foal or a horse with no offsprings that you don't want.

If you have placed 1st and choose a horse that I have bred and trained you will have to add at least 10 000 to the sale price. The horse you chose will be sold to you for the same amount of money that you added to the price.

If you choose to have a horse that you owned trained by me you should put that horse up for sale for at least $10 000 and when the training is finished the horse will be sold to you for the same amount of money.

The minimum price of $10 000 is due to the risk of someone else buying the horse before you do if the price is too low. Since there are no private sales yet this is one way of minimizing the risk of the horse being sold to the wrong player.

Answer to this thread with your choices and links to any horse that will be used for the prize money.
Thank you so much! I'm super chuffed to win! :D

I have a horse which I would like to transfer to you for training. If I put him up for sale for $150k, can I buy him back for $50k when you're done? Then no sacrifice horse needs to be rehomed and he should be quite safe.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

kahielle wrote: I am online and will be for the next couple hours if you want to post Triad. Thank you so much for running this! Was tons of fun. <3
Unfortunately I was not online during this time. This is the problem with time zones I'm afraid. Your last post was sent 2:39 am for me. I have moved Triad to my second account to not age him anymore so hopefully we can arrange for the transfer within a couple of days.

I could put him up for sale just before I go to bed. But then he would be up for sale for about 2½ hours (if you log in the same time as today) before you can buy him, if you want to take the risk.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

sfts wrote:
Totina wrote:

How to claim your prize:

Thank you so much! I'm super chuffed to win! :D

I have a horse which I would like to transfer to you for training. If I put him up for sale for $150k, can I buy him back for $50k when you're done? Then no sacrifice horse needs to be rehomed and he should be quite safe.
I will contact you when training is finished and sell him back to you for 50k. :)
kahielle
Visit My Farm

Post by kahielle »

totina wrote:
Gotta love time zones!

I'll keep an eye on over here throughout my workday - that'll be for the next seven hours or so from the time of this message. Ping me when you get this and maybe we can connect! Thank you again.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

kahielle wrote:
totina wrote:
Gotta love time zones!

I'll keep an eye on over here throughout my workday - that'll be for the next seven hours or so from the time of this message. Ping me when you get this and maybe we can connect! Thank you again.
Now I'm online! Just ping me here again when you are ready for the transfer and I'll put him up for sale.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am