The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Shetland Pony Train and Compete

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: Shetland Pony Train and Compete

Post by Scythian »

Results 3/14/17:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/294089 6,184 pts. Truffle
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/399806 1,066 pts. Damsel's Silver
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/426674 2,302 pts. Little Trinket
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/427866 447 pts. Little Prince
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/450734 551 pts. Smoke and Mirrors

***Edited at 6:00 p.m. today: Little Prince, Little Trinket, and Smoke and Mirrors won some points, which the computer was slow in posting (the Challengers In-Hand Jumping and Log Pull). This increases Little Trinket's reward.***

I am adding $100 to each of the totals, as a compensation for having to compete against ponies who were not part of the challenge, including my own.

Truffle and Renvers win $6,284
Katstica and Little Trinket win $1,251
Winters' Day and Damsel's Silver win $367

Now we have to be online at the same time so you can buy your Reward Pony and sell it back to me!

I'll keep watching out for you, or you can ping me. Will try to spend time online in the next several days.

:( :( NOW IF ONLY WE HAD RESTRICTED SALES, dear Administrators. IF ONLY. See what the "Mustang Makeover" winners just had to put up with. :shock: :shock:

Congratulations and thanks for your patience! :)
Scythian
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Truffle and Renvers win $6,284
Katstica and Little Trinket win $1,251
Winters' Day and Damsel's Silver win $367

:( :( NOW IF ONLY WE HAD RESTRICTED SALES, dear Administrators. IF ONLY. See what the "Mustang Makeover" winners just had to put up with. :shock: :shock:

APROPOS -- go look at "Announcements" (first category in the Forum) if you haven't already. :D :D :D

Am hoping we will see Private Sales implemented in the next few days. Until then, while I will be online occasionally, other things have a claim on my time and attention.

Please, Larissar, soon, soon -- and my profound gratitude (because one of the few things I know about computers is that javascript is not easy).

Again to contestants, congratulations and thanks for your patience! :)
Scythian

(waiting to do Happy Pony Dances)
finle13374
Visit My Farm

Post by finle13374 »

will you ever re hold this comp?
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Maybe I'll offer a "revisit" if the original competitors have kept their ponies and are interested.

Might also try again with a new crop of weanlings.

In any case, it will be some weeks/months. Watch this space.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To Katstica, Renvers, and Winters' Day -- I have the reward ponies ready to sell. I don't seem to be able to connect with anyone (different times). I am strongly hoping the game will feature private sales SOON so I can simply post the ponies to each winner exclusively, then have each of you sell back to me exclusively. Meanwhile, thanks again for being patient. :D

I'm still waiting to see robins or blooming dandelions, so which wish is going to come true first, I wonder? (Here's where I'd put the Flying-Pig emoticon if we had one.) :mrgreen:
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Addendum: Katstica and I finally got in touch, I posted a pony, Devious Saturn, for sale, and someone else bought her.

This kind of thing cannot yet be prevented -- but the purchaser read my urgent message in "General Chit Chat" and put the mare back up for sale. I bought her back.

Please let me know (Katstica can PM me but Renvers and Winters' Day, please use this thread) whether you could afford to pay $1,000 for a transfer pony. Usually $1,000 is enough to make people read the ad (it's also more than the sensible value of any of the reward ponies).

I hope either 1) that this alternative could work, or 2) the Private Sale thing actually goes live sometime soon.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Last edited by Scythian on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Sequels: the mistaken purchase has been returned and rebought.

Katstica and I exchanged the pony-for-money, money-for-pony on March 22. So one of the prizes has been awarded! Renvers and Winters' Day, I still have ponies waiting for you.

There are solutions to the problem of someone else buying the Reward Pony. One is to charge $1000 for the Reward Pony as a security measure. Your reward, that is, the price I pay to buy back the pony, will increase by $1000 as well. Please leave a message in this thread if that's OK with you.

Otherwise, I'm waiting for the Private Sale option to be real. Larissa is testing, working, and encouraging about this, so I'm keeping watch on the Announcements.

Hope to finish the process soon. Thanks for your participation and patience.:D
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Winter'sDay wrote:Okay, I'll totally try this competition out!
Hello, Winters' Day. Now at last there is a true Private Sale feature. :D

Please see the Horses for Sale pages. "Reward Pony for Winters' Day" is posted on an "Offers Only" basis.

Simply offer me $1 for her. I will accept. Then you can post her "Offers Only" and I will offer your prize amount plus $1 plus the $100 I added to the competition (when I saw there had been unexpectedly many entrants to the competitions who were not involved in the challenge).

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to rewarding you!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edited to add: Winters' Day and I completed our exchange June 3, 2017.
Last edited by Scythian on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Hello, Renvers. Please check the Horses for Sale listings for "Reward Pony for Renvers".

She's available on an "Offers Only" basis; I will accept your $1 offer. Then you in turn can post her as "Offers Only". I'll offer to buy her for the original prize amount plus $1, plus the $100 I added as the competition progressed. $6,385.

:D :D :D

Thanks for your patience; I hope to reward you soon!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm