The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Fully trained Akhal-Teke Giveaway!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Fully trained Akhal-Teke Giveaway!

Post by ImpressiveInstant »

Hello and welcome everyone!! Now that private sales have been implemented, I have decided to restart my Fully trained horse Giveaways!
Rules are very simple, please no Googling the answers. But have a guess at the two questions.

Dark Magic

Meet Dark Magic, Jet Black Akhal-Teke HGP: 56,440. Shes quite the competitor, earning her Championship in Endurance and Racing. With a total earnings of $20,190 so far, she is quite an asset to my Stud at the moment! Now I'd like her to be an asset to someone else :)

Question One: What is faster, Greyhound or a Thoroughbred?
Question Two: The fastest horse speed was achieved by which horse? What breed was she? (She reached 70.76 km/h (43.97 mph)

Homework/Hints: Youtube and Wikipedia
Last edited by ImpressiveInstant on Tue May 30, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Re: Fully trained Akhal-Teke Giveaway!

I'm sorry that the horse link didn't work...I cant seem to figure out how to code the link to a horse where it displays the horse picture too :'(
Maybe some kind person could let me know?
chelsea_08082
Visit My Farm

Post by chelsea_08082 »

ImpressiveInstant wrote:I'm sorry that the horse link didn't work...I cant seem to figure out how to code the link to a horse where it displays the horse picture too :'(
Maybe some kind person could let me know?
Hi there! To code the link, you do:
1) press: [horse=][/horse]
2) where it says the = sign, paste in the horse's number found after the URL. This will upload the most recent picture from the gallery and provide a link.
3) in between these two ][ signs, write the horse's name or a title.

Here you go:
[horse=805698*****]insert a title or name here[/horse]
Remove the * from the horse number.

Hope this helped! :)
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Thank you very much!!!
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

ImpressiveInstant wrote:
Question One: What is faster, Greyhound or a Thoroughbred?
Question Two: The fastest horse speed was achieved by which horse? What breed was she? (She reached 70.76 km/h (43.97 mph)
I want to answer only because I know the answer to question 2. lol. For once random information does me some good!

Question One: I have no idea. But I assume the Thoroughbred? However, Grayhounds are smaller and leaner which could also lead one to assume their times would be faster. They have less mass to move and thinner legs which could suggest a faster speed. However, Thoroughbred have more muscle mass, and a greater tendency for strength and stamina than the Grayhound. I'm going to guess its the Thoroughbred.

Question Two: The fastest horse [ever recorded] is a 2 year old filly by the name of Winning Brew. She was a beautiful TB, of dark Bay in color. A truly impressive animal. I didn't know how fantastic her time really was however, until I looked at your post. I'm going to do more research into her after I post this. :)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
allaroo
Visit My Farm

Post by allaroo »

Question 1 - Grayhound

Question 2 - Winning Brew, Thoroughbred Filly
Breeding Quality Paints Since 2018
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Thank you both for participating! The winner is Allaroo!
allaroo wrote:Question 1 - Grayhound

Allaroo please bid $0 or $1 on Dark Magic :)
allaroo
Visit My Farm

Post by allaroo »

ImpressiveInstant wrote:Thank you both for participating! The winner is Allaroo!
allaroo wrote:Question 1 - Grayhound

Allaroo please bid $0 or $1 on Dark Magic :)

thank you so much :D
Breeding Quality Paints Since 2018
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 am