Community Forum

Story-Telling Contest - Prompt Up!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Would anyone be interested in...

Post by Raikit »

KayaineII wrote:I would be. I love writing!
apart wrote:I would love to have a go at writing a bit for such a competition.
wildhorse58215 wrote:Sure just tell me when it starts and give some time I have a lot to write about .
I'd love to.
JillJessie1997 wrote:Sign me up, I love to write! Did you start a contest yet?
Pinging everyone to let you know that the first prompt is up. I've given just under three weeks until the deadline. :)
wildhorse58215
Visit My Farm

Re: Story-Telling Contest - Prompt Up!

Post by wildhorse58215 »

Ok Great , but I'm really busy I don't know if I can do this I'll get back to you around Saturday .
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Would anyone be interested in...

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Raikit wrote:
KayaineII wrote:I would be. I love writing!
apart wrote:I would love to have a go at writing a bit for such a competition.
wildhorse58215 wrote:Sure just tell me when it starts and give some time I have a lot to write about .
I'd love to.
JillJessie1997 wrote:Sign me up, I love to write! Did you start a contest yet?
Pinging everyone to let you know that the first prompt is up. I've given just under three weeks until the deadline. :)
Oh giddy! I'm starting on mine right now! :D
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Raikit wrote:ping
I'm done with mine already; That was fun! I might have gotten a lil carried away :lol: Hope you enjoy :)

This girl right here, Vanilla Firefly II, was my favorite horse on this game. She has been dead four years now, but she will always have that special place in my heart; I will always look at her while visiting her retired page and beam. A sentimental feeling. There are a couple of reasons why this mare was my favorite horse, or as you would say--very special; let's start with what I consider to be the greatest. She is the first filly I bred with beautiful coloring, a high genetic potential and an awesome breeder's report.

The report had nothing cringeworthy or average to say about this girl. Her report was painted with one-hundred percent positive comments, two golds and three greens. After only playing this game for nearly a week, that was an euphoric feeling to me; I gave myself a big pat on the back for breeding what I considered to be the perfect horse. On top of that, she came out better than her dam, also a pretty good horse; but she didn't have much to show for in the stats department. You can guess how surprised I was.

This horse, come that time, was my second broodmare. During her life she gave life to three beautiful foals, one who I kept as the resemblance to her mom was striking; that foal was Draped Dragonfly, who become my second favorite horse thanks to Vanilla. Unfortunately, Dragonfly retired in the Summer of Year 28; but that's a story for another day.

Vanilla Firefly II, on top of being my stunning pony and a great broodmare, was my first fully trained and high earnings competition horse; I put in all the hours on her, training her to 799%, entering her into as many competitions as possible. She made me a barn ton of money easily in local shows. She wasn't any good for log pull, but shined her brightest in show jumping and hunters; she was only a couple points away from her first titles in those disciplines....until that dreadful day in the Autumn of Year 26 when she left my ranch forever.

So to recap, Vanilla Firefly II was my favorite horse that I owned because she was the first beautiful horse I bred that had great genetics, gorgeous coloring and a great report; she gave birth to three foals, the eldest being my favorite; and she was my competition queen/money making machine. I will miss her on this game forever as long as I play. I know that at the end of the day, she was just a horse on the screen of my crappy laptop, but, she was *my heart horse*. I actually cried when I got that notification telling me that she had moved on to greener pastures.

Rest in peace, Vanilla. I love you, girl!
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Well I may as well enter, though you know my writing style pretty well. P:
Moonstruck

His name was Moonstruck. He was named for his parents, but the moniker still fit him like a glove. Even as a foal his good looks were striking and not a single visitor left SVA without mooning over him for at least a few moments. He truly was a singularly stunning specimen.

Personality-wise, Moon was very easy-going. He was handled enough to be halter broken but was otherwise a "pasture-puff," content to graze his days away in the stallion pasture. Mellow and not stallion-like at all, he probably would have made for a very good riding horse if we'd had the time to train him. He would have been one heck of a trail horse with how bombproof he was. But his value to us lay in other areas so he whiled away his days as a breeding stallion and beloved pet.

Moon's true value to us was in his genetics. He was one of the earlier products of Silver Valley Acres' "dalmatian horse" project. He was a fifth generation colt, and the first pure-black horse on our farm to have so much white. Even better than being pure-black he turned out to homozygous dominant for his extension gene, meaning that he could never throw a red foal. From our perspective he was more than a "step" in the right direction - he was a flying leap, and a perfect stallion to perform experiments with.

We used Moon to cover as many different mares as we could - from our own black-based appaloosas to promising outside mares and especially in our AC experiments. We quickly lost track of how many times he was bred but at last count he had sixty-eight living children. Living! So that's just the ones that we (and others) kept! And of those sixty-eight living foals every single one is loudly spotted and only a single one isn't black. (It's a buckskin out of a buckskin mare - so not his fault but still "mars his record" a bit.)

And now Moonstruck's blood runs thickly through all of our horses. There is not a single leopard-patterned horse at SVA that can not trace itself back to Moonstruck at least once in its pedigree. He wasn't the first, but in many ways he is the father of our program and he will always be remembered fondly by everyone at Silver Valley Acres. And when we finally achieve our full-leopard, black-based horse we will look back to Moonstruck thankfully knowing that he was the one that started it all.
wildhorse58215
Visit My Farm

Post by wildhorse58215 »

Ok it's not the best , I'm having trouble getting it out of my head, but I. Going to do it for fun , .

The Ghost Horse

This is Ghost , and he has a very peculiar story.We recently lost him at the age of 21 . He is oak wood meadows repersentive horse and here is his story .

There has always been a mountain range at the back of oak wood meadows , a stable very busy. One night the stable manger had been out checking on the mares , and it hasn't been busy that week so she went out to look at the mountain range and stars. She herd a noise coming from the mountain range , it was very faint she ignored it thinking it was nothing so she went in to the mangers house for the night . The next day was calm , and a foal was born . That night the people were awoken by the sound of horses in distress. They went and looked ,nothing so they calmed the horses down and set up a little camp in the halls just to keep watch in case it was coyotes or bears. The manger went out back and saw a white shadow run across the mountain range lightning fast , again she ignored it .

The next day was normal with customers to look at the yearlings for sale . That night the manager went sit and drink some tea out at the back to look at the mountain range . She herd a strong whinny, and saw a white horse as pale as a ghost run up and rear at the end of a hang off on at the top of the mountain range , she dropped her tea and it made a large shattering sound and that scared the horse off. She ran down the Halls almost in shock yelling GHOST HORSE ! GHOST HORSE ! WE HAVE A GHOST HORSE! A worker had to help calm her down , she was startled the rest of the night . By dawn some workers were going to go out and catch the "ghost horse " . They set out that morning but never came back that night .

A week past before they saw them again , they had got lost and had to work there way back . However , they never once saw the horse , but that night they were all out back cooking s'mores and the ghost horse goes out on the edge and rears and then runs off. Everyone was in shock for the first time in a week they finaly see him . The next night a few workers were walking around back and saw the ghost horse eating out of a hanging troph , the grab a lead quietly , and throw it over his head , he rears up and bucks he finally calms and takes a halter and takes to a stall . They think he is a lost horse and the post sheets around town nothing , they do everything they can to try to find his owners.

Then they got a call , the person on the phone says he is wild but a white ghost like horse has been mysteriously popping up over town , and disappearing. They turn to think that he is a calm wild horse . He soon becomes a horse of the stables with the name of Ghost. Oddly the first year he is there some of the horses started dying mysteriously, and autopsies never showed anything . The next year they get a virus and it kills half of the good bloodlines they had going . Every year that Ghost was not free , massive tragedies happened to the horses .

All the workers thought he was a ghost horse , and that he was there to protect the horses from the curses of mysterious deaths. They try to set him free but he kept coming back . The most oddest thing was that instead of ghost on the edge it was a black horse , big and loud he was disturbing and making the last of the horses in distress. They tried to set him free again and he left but two weeks later he came back hurt . They got him help and kept him again these coming years were good . He got his name ghost cause of the mysterious happenings , his random appearance, and his pale white coat that looks like a white shadow at times. A story was made that he was a ghost horse sent down to protect the horses and to stop the mysterious happenings.

He growed to be famous and live long life on the farm , but every so often 5 horse would randomly disappear and show up , or mysteriously die. Ghost passed one night at the age of 21 . He passed just like he came quietly. The odd thing about his death was his body disappeared the day of his funeral. The works say once a year you can see a faint white shadow of a horse at the edge of the mountain range .Rest in peace Ghost , may you forever protect the land.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Great stories :idea:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
wildhorse58215
Visit My Farm

Post by wildhorse58215 »

Cool , a lot of cool stories , I kinda threw mine together , I'm on an iPad I normally work best on an actual computer but whatever , the others are looking great.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

its like ages later and I'm just browsing through this forum, happily reading horse stories :lol: :lol: :lol:
if you're gonna host another one, count me in!
Become a Patron!