The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Story-Telling Contest - Prompt Up!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Story-Telling Contest - Prompt Up!

Post by Raikit »

... a story-telling competition?

I'd love to run one, but I don't know if anyone would be interested. I would judge in two categories - how entertaining the story is (subjective, I know), and writing style. Prizes would include money, fully-trained horses, competition-bred foals, and breedings to high-quality mares/stallions.

Raikit's Story-Telling Competition

Current Prompt
Choose a horse that you bred - currently at your stable or retired, either works. Tell that horse's story. What makes it special to you?
Examples:
-When your first champion/record holder achieved its first title/record.
-A foal that turned out stunningly better than its parents.
-A horse that you didn't expect to do well that ended up being stellar.

Deadline: Saturday, July 29th

Judging Criteria
Stories will be judged in two categories - style and entertainment. All stories will be considered for both judging categories but may only win in one.

Style is judged on grammar and syntax as well as consistency in the author's style. Extra points will be given to a certain extent for diverse vocabulary - just don't make it seem like you used a thesaurus on the whole thing. :lol:

Entertainment is judged based on how much I enjoyed reading your story. This is a much more subjective category since it's based on my opinion, but the hope was that this would give non-native English speakers/writers a chance to win nicer prizes. You don't have to be as correct in your writing to win this - it just has to be an enjoyable story!

Prizes
Prizes are the same for both categories and are as follows:
1st Place: $100,000 and one fully-trained competition-bred horse*
2nd Place: $70,000 and one competition-bred foal**
3rd Place: $45,000

*The fully-trained, competition-bred horse can be chosen from horses available on my ranch, commissioned from a pair of my horses, or one of the winner's horses that is sent to me for training.
**The competition-bred foal can be chosen from ones available on my ranch or commissioned from a pair of my horses.
Last edited by Raikit on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Re: Would anyone be interested in...

Post by KayaineII »

Raikit wrote:... a story-telling competition?

I'd love to run one, but I don't know if anyone would be interested. I would judge in two categories - how entertaining the story is (subjective, I know), and writing style. Prizes would include money, fully-trained horses, competition-bred foals, and breedings to high-quality mares/stallions.
I would be. I love writing!
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

i would be interested in reading them :)
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

KayaineII wrote:

I would be. I love writing!
Yay! I'm glad someone likes the idea. :) Hopefully other people will too.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

In the past (on other games) I found them interesting to follow (I never joined in the writing). I liked them most when they linked to the horses on the game.
apart
Visit My Farm

Post by apart »

I would love to have a go at writing a bit for such a competition.
wildhorse58215
Visit My Farm

Post by wildhorse58215 »

Sure just tell me when it starts and give some time I have a lot to write about .
I'd love to.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Sign me up, I love to write! Did you start a contest yet?
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

JillJessie1997 wrote:

Sign me up, I love to write! Did you start a contest yet?
Not yet. Haven't had too much interest (or time) yet. Once I'm ready I'll ping everyone that expressed interest so that they know. :)
wildhorse58215
Visit My Farm

Post by wildhorse58215 »

Sign me up please .
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:24 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:24 am