The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Merens Pony Competition, PONIES UP

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Merens Pony Competition, PONIES UP

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Good luck everybody.

Weaving, are you going to enter a pony for each competition so that the comp starts, and if so are you going to disregard your horses position so that the four of us will get the first four places?
sandyleigh79
Visit My Farm

Post by sandyleigh79 »

I have room now for my other pony :)
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Ricardo Ardo wrote:Good luck everybody.

Weaving, are you going to enter a pony for each competition so that the comp starts, and if so are you going to disregard your horses position so that the four of us will get the first four places?
I can do that but am not always on every single day, but equally I've no problem with people entering as many ponies as they like into each competition :)
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Weaving wrote:
Ricardo Ardo wrote:Good luck everybody.

I can do that but am not always on every single day, but equally I've no problem with people entering as many ponies as they like into each competition :)
Any chance you can put In Hand Jumping into the mix ?
I'm getting a few small Ponies and there's not a lot they can enter.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Re: Merens Pony Competition, Top Prize $200,000 Taking Entries!

Post by 8arbarossa »

Weaving wrote:
8arbarossa wrote:i want to cancel my participation
Oh that's a real shame :( hope everything is ok?
Yes fine, thank you.
I am just a bit busy to play every day :oops:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Weaving wrote:And finally, good luck and happy entering!
I have a couple of questions about the contest.
1. When you say no retiring, do you mean we can't let them die?
2. In that vein, is it okay to transfer horse to a side account to keep them from aging and compete with them?
3. Any rules about which horses we will compete with or do we just pick the best of our lot?
4. Any minimum or maximum number of horses that we can enter in the competitions?

Thanks and sorry if this is redundant.
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:
Weaving wrote:And finally, good luck and happy entering!
I have a couple of questions about the contest.
1. When you say no retiring, do you mean we can't let them die?
2. In that vein, is it okay to transfer horse to a side account to keep them from aging and compete with them?
3. Any rules about which horses we will compete with or do we just pick the best of our lot?
4. Any minimum or maximum number of horses that we can enter in the competitions?

Thanks and sorry if this is redundant.
Re point 1, I was wondering the same thing and assumed we could not let the Starting Ponies die. With that in mind I have bred from them and then transferred them to my second account where they won't age any further.

Also those that I have bred that I will be competing with I have also moved to my second account.

Regarding point 4 personally I think it would be better to have a max of two Ponies per event. That would keep it fair for those less active than myself. If there was no limit I could probably field about 20. I say two because with only four of us we need five Ponies for the race to start.

We'll see what weaving says when he get back to you.

I'm also unclear about the rules regarding entering into competitions other than the designated ones. I have entered a few comps to test my ponies out but not sure if I should be doing this,
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

To try and answer all questions, sorry I've not been on for a couple of days!

Had a rethink and as long as you have 4 pure merens left at the end then I have no problem with you retiring the original ones.

Competition wise an entry limit of 3 seems fair, then even if only two people are regularly entering them they can still run. Feel free to enter your ponies into non breed specific shows too!
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Weaving wrote:To try and answer all questions, sorry I've not been on for a couple of days!

Had a rethink and as long as you have 4 pure merens left at the end then I have no problem with you retiring the original ones.

Competition wise an entry limit of 3 seems fair, then even if only two people are regularly entering them they can still run. Feel free to enter your ponies into non breed specific shows too!
Thanks!
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Hi all! So sorry I've been so busy for the very beginning of the competition. Isn't that always the way :lol:

Hope I managed to iron out all of your questions in my very brief explanation over the weekend, if not then just shout at me again, don't be shy.

I've also set up the competitions to repeat daily as somehow I had idiotically forgotten to do that. So pleased to see so much progress being made already! Hope you guys are enjoying playing with them as much as I'm enjoying seeing them grow.
Ricardo Ardo wrote:.
I've added a Merens only In Hand Jumping competition, really excited that you're getting some little ones as its something I was planning on competing mine in too.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am