The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The game and money

Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

The game and money

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

I know once you're established money isn't to difficult to come by, I've been playing for only a few months and have over 10 million on my main account and over 100 million on my account where I keep my competing horses. There are players with billions and I was wondering how they came by these huge amounts. Has the game changed so it is no longer possible to earn these huge amounts of money?

This isn't a gripe or me being envious I'm just curious. Maybe Bombicilla will reply and tell us how he/she does it.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: The game and money

Post by Argent »

I'm suspicious that the billions are the result of a hack... It's a bizarre exponential increase in the total money in the game.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Ricardo Ardo wrote:
argent wrote:I know once you're established money isn't to difficult to come by, I've been playing for only a few months and have over 10 million on my main account and over 100 million on my account where I keep my competing horses. There are players with billions and I was wondering how they came by these huge amounts. Has the game changed so it is no longer possible to earn these huge amounts of money?

This isn't a gripe or me being envious I'm just curious. Maybe Bombicilla will reply and tell us how he/she does it.

I earned over a billion dollars two times. The first time was a coding error and I reported it and the admins removed the money. The second time I earned over a billion, I earned it from competitions and selling horses. I personally did not hack the game or use a cheat hack.
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

vallers wrote:
Ricardo Ardo wrote:

I earned over a billion dollars two times. The first time was a coding error and I reported it and the admins removed the money. The second time I earned over a billion, I earned it from competitions and selling horses. I personally did not hack the game or use a cheat hack.
I thought that in the games early stages there was an opportunity to make billions and that the devs had amended this, I wasn't suggesting anybody was cheating.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Ricardo Ardo wrote:
vallers wrote:

I thought that in the games early stages there was an opportunity to make billions and that the devs had amended this, I wasn't suggesting anybody was cheating.

I didn't say that, I was just saying that I didn't and don't. I am actually considering suggesting that some money sinks be put in the game to give people places to spend the money so that the horse market doesn't become inflated and people start over pricing all horses just because the more experienced players have more money than the new players.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

I've only been Playing since April 26th, 2017, I have close to 2 billion between my accounts. Almost all of it was earned by eventing, maybe 20 Mil has been earned by horse sales.

As Vallers suggested a money sink would be a great idea, personally I'd like to get some more take (driving/log pulling harnesses, maybe some silver western show saddles) would be great, or perhaps the ability to add a couple of pasture extension to an account.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I have been gone a long while, but I'm still trying to figure out how "billions" are even floating around in-game in the first place. Until recently there literally was not a billion dollars in circulation, and now there's suddenly hundreds of billions? It used to be a game to see how badly I was screwing up the average amount of money per player because I had 100mil while few others had over 1 mil. Like I said, bizarre exponential increase in the amount of money in circulation. You get a fair chunk of change for leveling up (100k?), you can make up to 1.5k per turn in local shows, and you can pull in up to 8.25k in game-generated prize money from only winning your own 11 shows.

Rough math based on my accounts:

Lvl 41 main
(40 level ups * 100k) + (943 years * 24 turns/year * 1.5k/turn) + (0.75k * 10 shows/day * 365 days/year * 3 years) = 46.98mil

Lvl 50 spare
(49 level ups * 100k) + (1825 years * 24 turns/year * 1.5k/turn) + (0.75k * 10 shows/day * 365 days/year * 3 years) = 79.62mil

Obviously, if you're winning other players' shows you can pull in more on that front, but the numbers don't make much sense on the surface.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Argent wrote:I have been gone a long while, but I'm still trying to figure out how "billions" are even floating around in-game in the first place. Until recently there literally was not a billion dollars in circulation, and now there's suddenly hundreds of billions? It used to be a game to see how badly I was screwing up the average amount of money per player because I had 100mil while few others had over 1 mil. Like I said, bizarre exponential increase in the amount of money in circulation. You get a fair chunk of change for leveling up (100k?), you can make up to 1.5k per turn in local shows, and you can pull in up to 8.25k in game-generated prize money from only winning your own 11 shows.

Rough math based on my accounts:

Lvl 41 main
(40 level ups * 100k) + (943 years * 24 turns/year * 1.5k/turn) + (0.75k * 10 shows/day * 365 days/year * 3 years) = 46.98mil

Lvl 50 spare
(49 level ups * 100k) + (1825 years * 24 turns/year * 1.5k/turn) + (0.75k * 10 shows/day * 365 days/year * 3 years) = 79.62mil

Obviously, if you're winning other players' shows you can pull in more on that front, but the numbers don't make much sense on the surface.
While I do earn some money by entering my own shows, most of my money is earn by entering some of the higher prized shows of other people...there are several for 10+ - 100 mil in total prize money. I do occasionally, but rarely sell some of my sought after breeds. When you figure many of those are being ran daily it, and sometimes my horses are the only ones in the event with anything like trained.

Lets take the average 10 mil show that I entered per night, figuring I can enter up to two horses per show

10 mil in prize money: (breeds: 3 different breeds x 2 horses each show) x average daily earning 5 mil each show

So that is on average 30 mil per night, of course that fluctuates a bit from day to day (there are sometimes more events than that I enter)...then take in the account, I'm a older player who manages her money.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Baranduin Brewster wrote: While I do earn some money by entering my own shows, most of my money is earn by entering some of the higher prized shows of other people...there are several for 10+ - 100 mil in total prize money.

Lets take the average 10 mil show that I entered per night, figuring I can enter up to two horses per show

10 mil in prize money: (breeds: 3 different breeds x 2 horses each show) x average daily earning 5 mil each show

So that is on average 30 mil per night, of course that fluctuates a bit from day to day (there are sometimes more events than that I enter)...then take in the account, I'm a older player who manages her money.
Those shows are the anomalies I'm talking about. The hosts are the root of the bizarre influx of money, which is being spread through the community. Something went awry that caused the economic disruption, because it could not have happened naturally -- there just aren't enough high level, active players to organically create those numbers. At this point, there's nothing that can be done; Larissa is not usually one to take away things gain through a game glitch.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Argent wrote:
Baranduin Brewster wrote: While I do earn some money by entering my own shows, most of my money is earn by entering some of the higher prized shows of other people...there are several for 10+ - 100 mil in total prize money.

Those shows are the anomalies I'm talking about. The hosts are the root of the bizarre influx of money, which is being spread through the community. Something went awry that caused the economic disruption, because it could not have happened naturally -- there just aren't enough high level, active players to organically create those numbers. At this point, there's nothing that can be done; Larissa is not usually one to take away things gain through a game glitch.
That's funny, because when I reported a game glitch where the competition kept running, the money I won was fairly taken back.

Here's the link to the bugged competition. http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... f=4&t=9049
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am