The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Cleaning the horse market #2

Garrulus
Visit My Farm

Re: Cleaning the horse market #2

Post by Garrulus »

GrayJay2 wrote:I'm curious: For those of you who regularly "clean the market," what criteria do you use to determine which horses are unnecessary or undesirable? I'm asking because I'm having a hard time finding mares for my own goals, because I'm looking for 0% COI. I'm starting to wonder if people are cleaning out the Low HGP mares (which I would actually be happy to have because I am just starting out in the game). Just wondering!
I remove horses with low GP, red reports. And also irrelevant individuals of common breeds, such as belgian or arabian. And the "ancient" horses for 25 pt. And as horses with obviously overpriced, I resell these.
If you need a horse with 0% koi, I can search for it, but you must quickly buy the found so that they do not take up space. Or I can give money and you will do it yourself, with the condition of cleaning at least a couple of market pages.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/999772 I can not buy this horse from any account. Why? Can anyone else? (I would like to keep her for myself)
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

Garrulus wrote:
GrayJay2 wrote:I'm curious: For those of you who regularly "clean the market," what criteria do you use to determine which horses are unnecessary or undesirable? I'm asking because I'm having a hard time finding mares for my own goals, because I'm looking for 0% COI. I'm starting to wonder if people are cleaning out the Low HGP mares (which I would actually be happy to have because I am just starting out in the game). Just wondering!
I remove horses with low GP, red reports. And also irrelevant individuals of common breeds, such as belgian or arabian. And the "ancient" horses for 25 pt. And as horses with obviously overpriced, I resell these.
If you need a horse with 0% koi, I can search for it, but you must quickly buy the found so that they do not take up space. Or I can give money and you will do it yourself, with the condition of cleaning at least a couple of market pages.
OK, thanks. Because I am just starting out in the game, I actually do regularly buy Low HGP mares (only mares) if they have 0% COI simply because low or 0 COI is one of my main goals (I'll take AC horses as well that I find on the market). I also take them only if they have an evaluation of 4 or 5 for the breed or the breed I am trying to produce. At this point, because I am just starting out, I am looking only for 0% mares of the ancient breeds. They have been very hard to find, so I have been buying them quickly as soon as I see them on the market if they are reasonably priced. Of course I'll need purebred mares with more complex "recipes" later. The big problem is that I simply don't have space to keep a lot of horses (because I am starting out), I don't use my second farm as a "holding" account, and I don't have a lot of money, so I can't buy them quickly -- so unfortunately I just don't have the resources to do what you are suggesting. I can only take one or two when I need them, if they are the right age (typically young horses that somewhat match the age of the stallion I am buying for). I guess I'll have to keep doing what I'm doing. And it's only because I'm just starting out that I'm settling for Low HGP at this point, so it might not be a problem later (trying to gradually increase the average HGP of my herd). So I will grab those horses as quickly as I can before they get cleared out.

I do know at least one other player with a "0 COI" goal; there might be more. If you could keep us in mind when you're clearing out the market, that would be awesome (leave the 0% COI mares until last or clear out only the over-priced ones?), but I do understand if not. It's really only 0% COI mares that people like us need (and maybe even only purebred), even if they have a Low HGP (and even if they're from the AC). If we have go to the AC to get 0% COI mares, it makes it harder to increase the HGP of our herd (and costs 25 PT each time, and we have to accept red stats, limited coloring, 4* evaluations, etc.).

Anyway, this does clear up the mystery of there being very few mares (so far only Tarpans and Przewalskis have been problematic)...I'll just remember that I have to act fast and maybe I'll have to lower my standards a bit or accept that the cost may be high. Thanks!
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

GrayJay2 wrote:
Garrulus wrote: I remove horses with low GP, red reports. And also irrelevant individuals of common breeds, such as belgian or arabian. And the "ancient" horses for 25 pt. And as horses with obviously overpriced, I resell these.
OK, thanks. Because I am just starting out in the game, I actually do regularly buy Low HGP mares (only mares) if they have 0% COI simply because low or 0 COI is one of my main goals (I'll take AC horses as well that I find on the market). I also take them only if they have an evaluation of 4 or 5 for the breed or the breed I am trying to produce. At this point, because I am just starting out, I am looking only for 0% mares of the ancient breeds. They have been very hard to find, so I have been buying them quickly as soon as I see them on the market if they are reasonably priced. Of course I'll need purebred mares with more complex "recipes" later. The big problem is that I simply don't have space to keep a lot of horses (because I am starting out), I don't use my second farm as a "holding" account, and I don't have a lot of money, so I can't buy them quickly -- so unfortunately I just don't have the resources to do what you are suggesting. I can only take one or two when I need them, if they are the right age (typically young horses that somewhat match the age of the stallion I am buying for). I guess I'll have to keep doing what I'm doing. And it's only because I'm just starting out that I'm settling for Low HGP at this point, so it might not be a problem later (trying to gradually increase the average HGP of my herd). So I will grab those horses as quickly as I can before they get cleared out.

I do know at least one other player with a "0 COI" goal; there might be more. If you could keep us in mind when you're clearing out the market, that would be awesome (leave the 0% COI mares until last or clear out only the over-priced ones?), but I do understand if not. It's really only 0% COI mares that people like us need (and maybe even only purebred), even if they have a Low HGP (and even if they're from the AC). If we have go to the AC to get 0% COI mares, it makes it harder to increase the HGP of our herd (and costs 25 PT each time, and we have to accept red stats, limited coloring, 4* evaluations, etc.).

Anyway, this does clear up the mystery of there being very few mares (so far only Tarpans and Przewalskis have been problematic)...I'll just remember that I have to act fast and maybe I'll have to lower my standards a bit or accept that the cost may be high. Thanks!

i clear horses from the back end of the market. ones that have been on the market for months. i also clear red stat horses of common breeds.(breeds with more than 1k horses in game.)
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Up
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Bombicilla wrote:Up
I can in a day or so, I'm in the middle of three projects or I would have already done it.
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

GrayJay2 wrote:
Garrulus wrote: I remove horses with low GP, red reports. And also irrelevant individuals of common breeds, such as belgian or arabian. And the "ancient" horses for 25 pt. And as horses with obviously overpriced, I resell these.

Hey, as you said you take AC mares, I have one or two Turks in my pasture if would like
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Bombicilla wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/999772 I can not buy this horse from any account. Why? Can anyone else? (I would like to keep her for myself)
Hello, I would like to help with clearing the market also. Vallers said to ping you here
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

MikiVCat wrote:
Bombicilla wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/999772 I can not buy this horse from any account. Why? Can anyone else? (I would like to keep her for myself)
Hello, I would like to help with clearing the market also. Vallers said to ping you here
Ok, what kind of help do you want?
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Bombicilla wrote:
MikiVCat wrote:
Ok, what kind of help do you want?
What?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 am