The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Anyone Breed COI 0 Horses?

GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Re: Anyone Breed COI 0 Horses?

Post by GrayJay2 »

Sky Bay Stables wrote:I just started breeding them! My best is an Arabian colt named Jahim ( 36k HGP!!! ) and he is the son of your stud, Aledyd min Almiah! Very pleased with your stallion- he's beautiful!
My goals are 0 COI all the way- and to get a 40k HGP Arabian. I might start forest horses and shetlands too.
Awesome, glad to hear! I wasn't going to put him up on the market for stud since he has a red stat (strength, somewhat normal for Arabians), but I did since I'm breeding him with one of my mares on my second farm. (I put him up for only 1$ due to the red stat.) Someone got an Akhal-Teke out of him too so I'm excited about that (I've bred him to one of my Turkmene mares).
0% COI is hard due to the lack of purebred mares on the market. I think those who periodically clear out the market (the "market police" :)) tend to remove the AC mares so grab them quickly! Making arrangements with other 0% COI breeders might be the way to go.
Sky Bay Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Sky Bay Stables »

GrayJay2 wrote:
Sky Bay Stables wrote:I just started breeding them! My best is an Arabian colt named Jahim ( 36k HGP!!! ) and he is the son of your stud, Aledyd min Almiah! Very pleased with your stallion- he's beautiful!
My goals are 0 COI all the way- and to get a 40k HGP Arabian. I might start forest horses and shetlands too.
Awesome, glad to hear! I wasn't going to put him up on the market for stud since he has a red stat (strength, somewhat normal for Arabians), but I did since I'm breeding him with one of my mares on my second farm. (I put him up for only 1$ due to the red stat.) Someone got an Akhal-Teke out of him too so I'm excited about that (I've bred him to one of my Turkmene mares).
0% COI is hard due to the lack of purebred mares on the market. I think those who periodically clear out the market (the "market police" :)) tend to remove the AC mares so grab them quickly! Making arrangements with other 0% COI breeders might be the way to go.
I don't mind the red stats, once I have a few good GP mares, I'll start breeding them out. I don't know how but Jahim got a green stat and both parents don't have any..? 8-) well I'm not complaining.. but do you know how this even happens?
Sky Bay Stables
Visit My Farm

Here he is:
Jahim

Still confused about his green stat.
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

Sky Bay Stables wrote:
GrayJay2 wrote:
I don't mind the red stats, once I have a few good GP mares, I'll start breeding them out. I don't know how but Jahim got a green stat and both parents don't have any..? 8-) well I'm not complaining.. but do you know how this even happens?
I'm the same for now, just focusing on increasing HGP and I think the red stats will work their way out. You can get a green stat even if both parents don't have any. As long both parents have neutral ("average") or positive comments you can get some green stats.
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

Sky Bay Stables wrote:Here he is:
Jahim

So, both sire and dam had a very positive comment for intelligence, even though it wasn't green in either case. I'm pretty sure that's why he got the green stat for intelligence. Good job!
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Foals can be better than their parents. So that's what we always hope for. Very nice job with the green stat. If you ever need Arabians I turn over my stock after I get one good foal, or I use them to create new breeds. If you go through my pastures you can always pick something out and you can have it as soon as it's available.
Sky Bay Stables
Visit My Farm

WILD FLICKA wrote:
Foals can be better than their parents. So that's what we always hope for. Very nice job with the green stat. If you ever need Arabians I turn over my stock after I get one good foal, or I use them to create new breeds. If you go through my pastures you can always pick something out and you can have it as soon as it's available.
Thanks! I think I'll put him up for stud when he's old enough :)
I'm not too picky about my horses, I just need a good broodmare that can give me at least two foals :D
Sky Bay Stables
Visit My Farm

GrayJay2 wrote:
Jahim

So, both sire and dam had a very positive comment for intelligence, even though it wasn't green in either case. I'm pretty sure that's why he got the green stat for intelligence. Good job!
Thank you! This was quite the achievement for a newbie like me :D
Sky Bay Stables
Visit My Farm

OMG UPDATE:
Jahim's mother, Jamil, gave birth to a new colt- MALIK!
HE HAS GOLD INTELLIGENCE!
I'm so happy- would anybody be interested if I put him up for stud when he's 3?
SO EXCITED this is a huge step in my breeding project- GOLD STATS!
Anyway, I'm probably waaay to happy about a 35k HGP colt, but ya know..
Here he is:
{SBS} Malik
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

:) I'm proud of my Aledyd's progeny.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 pm