The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Inflated Competitions & More

Panther
Visit My Farm

Inflated Competitions & More

Post by Panther »

So I'm pretty new to this game, and was wondering what Inflated Competitions really are?
From what I've read, it's when someone creates a competition and enters all their horses so that one or two horses get a lot of points. Is this correct?
I entered one of my friend's "inflated competitions" to try it out. How many points will a horse win in a Level 1 competition with 26+ horses entered?
Here's the competition I made to test it, you guys can enter too since I do not currently have many horses:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/40898
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Re: Inflated Competitions & More

Post by 8arbarossa »

Panther wrote:So I'm pretty new to this game, and was wondering what Inflated Competitions really are?
From what I've read, it's when someone creates a competition and enters all their horses so that one or two horses get a lot of points. Is this correct?
I entered one of my friend's "inflated competitions" to try it out. How many points will a horse win in a Level 1 competition with 26+ horses entered?
Here's the competition I made to test it, you guys can enter too since I do not currently have many horses:
if you enter all your horses, or 100 of them the competition will start immediatly so other players have no chance to enter your competition.
Hosting a big competition where everybody can enter and having 40 competitors isnt a inflated competition in my opinion. For me its just about the competitions where you dont give other a chance to make some points
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Inflated Competitions & More

Post by BlackOak2 »

Panther wrote:So I'm pretty new to this game, and was wondering what Inflated Competitions really are?
I'm inclined to agree with 8arbarossa. I'm also inclined to say that since you can get more points the higher level competitions you enter, that a lot of the inflated competitions are going to happen in those higher tiers (level 8 and above).

The biggest thing to take from your new-found knowledge, is that if you're breeding to outside stock, whether you choose a stud on the market or purchase your stock from the market, to remember that a high-pointed horse, or a horse with a lot of titles can mean very little to how good a competitor they are (or even what type of stock they throw).
Find your good competitor stock in their actual scores for the competitions (if you click on a competition type they have entered, the scores as well as points earned, money earned and placement is available for viewing), also if they break any previously held records (found under their accomplishments), and you can even see how quickly they earn their titles (for instance a horse that has only entered 20 competitions already earning a master champion), but in this last case, it may be from inflation rather than actual competition. You can also look at how often they place where, to offer you further insight into what 'type' of competitor they are.

This topic is liable to start another argument however (it's a heated topic, nothing more). I'm hoping, as I'm sure a lot of us in this community are, that it gets remedied by our admins when they have come to a decision and are able to implement the new design.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 pm