Community Forum

Is this even normal

Lynx
Visit My Farm

Is this even normal

Post by Lynx »

i didn't want to post this in the Bugs and Errors forum cuz I wasn't sure..
ALL my foals on ALL THREE of my accounts have ONLY BEEN CROSSES for SO LONG now!
Thats a lot of foals.
About 10 now, I'd say. Even my gf's accounts are only getting crosses.
Is this normal?
The first three colts were Araboulonnais, but ALL THE REST were Arabian x Boulonnais.
I know I can breed (Arab x Boulonnais) x (Arab x Boulonnais) but this is inconvenient because it takes so long for them to age, then give birth to the foals, and to train them...
:|
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this even normal

Post by BlackOak2 »

Lynx wrote:i didn't want to post this in the Bugs and Errors forum cuz I wasn't sure..
ALL my foals on ALL THREE of my accounts have ONLY BEEN CROSSES for SO LONG now!
Thats a lot of foals.
Is this normal?
The first three colts were Araboulonnais, but ALL THE REST were Arabian x Boulonnais.
I know I can breed (Arab x Boulonnais) x (Arab x Boulonnais) but this is inconvenient because it takes so long for them to age, then give birth to the foals, and to train them...
First, we are only allowed two accounts per person.

That aside, it's a flip of the coin for whether we get the new breed, or some cross. Even with five star parents this only will give us the optimum chance of the new breed, it does not guarantee it. If the foal isn't the breed you want, you could always rehome it and try again. It does seem like some horses and some crosses offer what we want much more often than others.
So maybe this too, is linked through genetics like most of this game is.
You don't need to train them, unless you are definitely going to use them in competitions or are checking them for ability. Also (nominally because it occurs to me), an arab, boulonnais cross, when bred to another arab, boulonnais cross will not (or should not) give you an araboulonnais.

If you have ever gotten (and can prove) that you got this new breed from these two cross parents, then admin will have to see it to fix it.

Some of us have gone through multiple perfect parent crosses before getting an appropriate new breed, but it's extremely rare.
Lynx
Visit My Farm

Post by Lynx »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Lynx wrote:i didn't want to post this in the Bugs and Errors forum cuz I wasn't sure..
Thats a lot of foals.
Is this normal?

That aside, it's a flip of the coin for whether we get the new breed, or some cross. Even with five star parents this only will give us the optimum chance of the new breed, it does not guarantee it. If the foal isn't the breed you want, you could always rehome it and try again. It does seem like some horses and some crosses offer what we want much more often than others.
You don't need to train them, unless you are definitely going to use them in competitions or are checking them for ability. Also (nominally because it occurs to me), an arab, boulonnais cross, when bred to another arab, boulonnais cross will not (or should not) give you an araboulonnais.

If you have ever gotten (and can prove) that you got this new breed from these two cross parents, then admin will have to see it to fix it.

Some of us have gone through multiple perfect parent crosses before getting an appropriate new breed, but it's extremely rare.
Lots of players say that a cross + the same cross again will give you the breed you're looking for.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Lynx wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Lots of players say that a cross + the same cross again will give you the breed you're looking for.
I'm not sure who has says that, and if there's any truth to it, this is not the way it's supposed to happen. A recipe for a new breed is supposed to work as is, not kind of, or close to.
We can use part and half breeds for instance if you were to use a part arabian with a half boulannais, you will still have a chance of getting the araboulonnais, but if you were to use an arabian, boulannais cross, it's the same as using an arabian, tarpan cross. It's not supposed to work.

I have never tried to do exact crosses like that to see if there was a bug evident. As far as I was aware, the recipe breeding was working the way it should.

Have you gotten any araboulonnais from these cross parents? Can you prove it? Or has that been the way you've been using them, because that's what you've been told and you have yet to get what you expect?
If this last is the case, it's because it's not supposed to work this way. A recipe must be used as is, with these exceptions: Either can be the male or female. As long as only the breed or breeds required is stated, part and half breeds can and will work.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

If [Arab] x [Boulannias] = [Araboulannais] then you can also do [Arab x Boulannais] x [Arab x Boulannais] to create [Araboulannis].
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I have never heard of that up to today. I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work and common sense tells me that if the recipes are supposed to be used 'as is', then this is not supposed to be achievable by that type of mix.

I wonder if we can get admin's input on this, a yea or nae of if this works and if it's supposed to work like this.
Tom wrote:...
larissar wrote:...
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

That's how it works. Nothing's broken :roll:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:I have never heard of that up to today. I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work and common sense tells me that if the recipes are supposed to be used 'as is', then this is not supposed to be achievable by that type of mix.
Maybe it would help to think of it this way:

You bred an Arab with a Boulannais to try for an Araboulannais but ended up with a cross. The foal still has the correct breed heritage to be an Araboulannais, it just doesn't meet some of the breed standards. If you breed that foal to another Arab X Boulannais, the resulting foal will also have the correct heritage to create an Araboulannais. It's a lot like how open breed registries work in real life.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

That is correct.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

An example from another draft breed:
This mare, Firecracker, was an Ardennais.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/351447
Her parents were both (Belgian x Forest Horse).
Become a Patron!