The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Caspians

ropeacowboy
Visit My Farm

Re: Caspians

Post by ropeacowboy »

Hidalgo wrote:I haven't gotten very far on mine yet because I took a break from HWO for a couple weeks, but I'm starting up again. I'd be happy to make trades in the future, but I don't know if you'd want any of mine, because I'm not too concerned about inbreeding, as it doesn't negatively affect the horses In this game as long as you're careful. I know on your page it says you'd like to use messenger on Skype, but I don't use Skype. Maybe if you have a gmail account we could use messenger there?
Gmail messenger? You mean google hangouts? Yeah that would work. I don't see any inbreed Caspians on your farm they all look to be 0COI. As it is right now do you want to trade Brewster for my stallion Seductive Opera? What do you think?

Down the line if you find yourself going on here more I would be more than willing to let you borrow one of my mares and we can split the offspring. You have a lot of underutilized stallions.

Yeah the inbreeding avoidance for me might be a bit of role playing. I'm such a little won't hurt, but when I discovered it existed in this game I found out that most of the ugliest or strangest looking Arabians are inbred. I guess it kind of grossed me out and I like the challenge anyway.
ropeacowboy
Visit My Farm

Post by ropeacowboy »

WILD FLICKA wrote:I breed COI 0 Caspians check them out on my farm. I sometimes have mates to sell but more often have stallions for sale or stud. I am trying improve them but with COI it’s really slow for me.

Yeah I hear ya. It is really rough going but I think if we work together we can create a valuable foundation for the breed. I have spent hundreds of Pony Tokens on Caspians trying to get ones that are well balanced and have no reds or red strength. I have been breeding them arduously in the background for quite some time, but now I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

I have pipe dream plans of crossing them with toy Turkmene and breeding them back to Caspian blood until they are full Caspian. Cheating???? I am unsure.
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

ropeacowboy wrote: Yeah I hear ya. It is really rough going but I think if we work together we can create a valuable foundation for the breed. I have spent hundreds of Pony Tokens on Caspians trying to get ones that are well balanced and have no reds or red strength. I have been breeding them arduously in the background for quite some time, but now I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

I have pipe dream plans of crossing them with toy Turkmene and breeding them back to Caspian blood until they are full Caspian. Cheating???? I am unsure.
It is whatever works for you. I personally never cross to improve breeds, I only do it to create new ones. I also never inbreed. It makes it much more challenging but I like to have pure lines. So I turn horses over a lot and never buy horses that someone else bred. It's just my breeding program. We all have one that suits us.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

ropeacowboy wrote:
Gmail messenger? You mean google hangouts? Yeah that would work. I don't see any inbreed Caspians on your farm they all look to be 0COI. As it is right now do you want to trade Brewster for my stallion Seductive Opera? What do you think?

Down the line if you find yourself going on here more I would be more than willing to let you borrow one of my mares and we can split the offspring. You have a lot of underutilized stallions.

Yeah the inbreeding avoidance for me might be a bit of role playing. I'm such a little won't hurt, but when I discovered it existed in this game I found out that most of the ugliest or strangest looking Arabians are inbred. I guess it kind of grossed me out and I like the challenge anyway.
I'd be happy to make the trade.

Yeah, for some reason my mares always seem to produce more colts than fillys. (Also when I was combing the market for Caspians, there were more stallions for sale than mares. Thanks for offering to let me borrow a mare; I may take you up on that at some point.. If you'd like to use any of my stallions, let me know and I'll put them up for stud

You're definitely right about the inbred Arabians looking weird. Being the most popular breed on here seems to have almost hurt the breed more than it's helped it in some ways
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

WILD FLICKA wrote:
ropeacowboy wrote: Yeah I hear ya. It is really rough going but I think if we work together we can create a valuable foundation for the breed. I have spent hundreds of Pony Tokens on Caspians trying to get ones that are well balanced and have no reds or red strength. I have been breeding them arduously in the background for quite some time, but now I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

It is whatever works for you. I personally never cross to improve breeds, I only do it to create new ones. I also never inbreed. It makes it much more challenging but I like to have pure lines. So I turn horses over a lot and never buy horses that someone else bred. It's just my breeding program. We all have one that suits us.
I was actually kind of considering crossing them with something smaller, because I'd like to be able to compete them in In Hand Jumping, but so far I haven't done much with crosses (other than producing Grades for competition purposes.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Last edited by Hidalgo on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Hidalgo wrote:I'm going to give you guys my email, but let me know when you've got it, and then I'm going to delete this post because I'd kind of prefer it stays private. Anyway, it's [email protected].
I think it should stay public if you want to gain more players in this breed. I’m not interested in making it private. We aren’t hiding anything important about the breed other should be able to jump in and work on it as well.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

WILD FLICKA wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:I'm going to give you guys my email, but let me know when you've got it, and then I'm going to delete this post because I'd kind of prefer it stays private.
I think it should stay public if you want to gain more players in this breed. I’m not interested in making it private. We aren’t hiding anything important about the breed other should be able to jump in and work on it as well.
Right, I agree with you. I didn't mean to keep this thread private, but ropeacowboy wanted to be able to use chat since they don't find this convenient. I meant I would delete my post giving out my email because I'd prefer that my email doesn't get out to lots of people. I guess if it's easier for ropeacowboy to use google hangouts to talk about trading horses, that's fine with me. I don't mind using the forum either, lol
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Hidalgo wrote: Right, I agree with you. I didn't mean to keep this thread private, but ropeacowboy wanted to be able to use chat since they don't find this convenient. I meant I would delete my post giving out my email because I'd prefer that my email doesn't get out to lots of people. I guess if it's easier for ropeacowboy to use google hangouts to talk about trading horses, that's fine with me. I don't mind using the forum either, lol
Okay yes that makes sense. I can use chat when I’m online as well I’m usually in there.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

WILD FLICKA wrote: Okay yes that makes sense. I can use chat when I’m online as well I’m usually in there.
Ok, cool
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:04 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:04 am