The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Hello people :)

Claudia_
Visit My Farm

Hello people :)

Post by Claudia_ »

hello!
I have just joined this game and in the past few hours iv learnt so much as well as how fun it is to play :) The community seems really nice unlike the past games iv played.
Iv found it quite hard to earn money and not to sure how to start!
if anyone has any suggestions on this / anyone know a nice breed to start off with- please say! Everyone's opinions are welcome :-)
Also - how do you train your horses? or do people do them for you?

meganamber
Visit My Farm

Re: Hello people :)

Post by meganamber »

Claudia_ wrote:hello!
I have just joined this game and in the past few hours iv learnt so much as well as how fun it is to play :) The community seems really nice unlike the past games iv played.
if anyone has any suggestions on this / anyone know a nice breed to start off with- please say! Everyone's opinions are welcome :-)

Hey Claudia! :)
Welcome to HW!
The best way to earn money is to purchase a trained horse (or two) and enter it in local shows and competitions.
Belgians and Racers seem to be the two breeds that earn the most money; Belgians being the easier of the two.
You can train your own horses, but you will need to take training courses in order to train faster. Start with energy saver and stamina courses and then move on to others. There are plenty of trainers out there, myself being one of them :) However, some people say they are trainers when they really don't do the best job, so beware! Always ask to see training stats and examples of horses trained by the trainer before using them.
Have fun!
Meg
Currently working on Freibergs, Mustangs, and Paint Belgians
Home of Titan, one of HW's top racing Thoroughbreds
Breeder of the first Freiberg
Farm Log
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

Don't get attached to your first horses. you Need to just put them in local shows and win money. Upgrade if you can using pony tokens.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Hey there! Welcome to HWO! :)

There are several ways to earn money; sell horses, train for others, enter into competitions, etc. Just starting out though I think the best way would be to find a fully trained horse on the market for a reasonable price, find the discipline it excels in and then spam the level 10 local shows of that discipline. Ideally the horse will place 1st-2nd places earning you $131-176 a pop.

You can train your horses yourself or have another player train for you, when you first start off though training takes FOREVER...your horses will probably be around 8-9 years old by the time you finish. You take training courses under the Player tab to decrease the time it takes to train, which means your horses will be younger when they are fully finished. However....as you take the courses they get way expensive and take longer to complete.

Arabians would be a nice breed to start off with, they are fairly common, not too expensive, and easy to breed quality. However, if you want to breed something that will earn you $$$, racehorses of any kind, Estonian Natives, Russian Dons, Belgians etc, are the way to go.

Since you're new I'd be happy to breed you a horse, fully train it for you, test it in level 10 shows to see what discipline it excels at, then sell it to you for $1. It would be a good step into making some cash :)
Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Claudia_
Visit My Farm

Post by Claudia_ »

JillJessie1997 wrote:

There are several ways to earn money; sell horses, train for others, enter into competitions, etc. Just starting out though I think the best way would be to find a fully trained horse on the market for a reasonable price, find the discipline it excels in and then spam the level 10 local shows of that discipline. Ideally the horse will place 1st-2nd places earning you $131-176 a pop.

You can train your horses yourself or have another player train for you, when you first start off though training takes FOREVER...your horses will probably be around 8-9 years old by the time you finish. You take training courses under the Player tab to decrease the time it takes to train, which means your horses will be younger when they are fully finished. However....as you take the courses they get way expensive and take longer to complete.

Arabians would be a nice breed to start off with, they are fairly common, not too expensive, and easy to breed quality. However, if you want to breed something that will earn you $$$, racehorses of any kind, Estonian Natives, Russian Dons, Belgians etc, are the way to go.

Since you're new I'd be happy to breed you a horse, fully train it for you, test it in level 10 shows to see what discipline it excels at, then sell it to you for $1. It would be a good step into making some cash :)
Hello, thank you for all This helpful advice! It would be so amazing if you could do that for me :) your so kind
Also for training courses what would be the best ones to start with ?
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Claudia_ wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

Hello, thank you for all This helpful advice! It would be so amazing if you could do that for me :) your so kind
No problem :) Always like to help people out. As for the courses start out with stamina, energy saver and training techniques first.
Also I should probably mention I breed racehorses which I did say are great for making money :P I just had a foal drop and have already begun the training for ya. The horse will be just under 4 year when it is done, It'll take me about 2-3 real life days to finish the training though.

EDIT: Here's the foal I am training for you. I blew through my turns, so I have to take a break from training him :lol: You should be able to click on the picture to go to his profile :)

Lukaya
Visit My Farm

Post by Lukaya »

I hope you've enjoyed the game so far and have a wonderful day :D
Claudia_
Visit My Farm

Post by Claudia_ »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Claudia_ wrote:
No problem :) Always like to help people out. As for the courses start out with stamina, energy saver and training techniques first.
Also I should probably mention I breed racehorses which I did say are great for making money :P I just had a foal drop and have already begun the training for ya. The horse will be just under 4 year when it is done, It'll take me about 2-3 real life days to finish the training though.

EDIT: Here's the foal I am training for you. I blew through my turns, so I have to take a break from training him :lol: You should be able to click on the picture to go to his profile :)

Omg shes beautiful! thank you so much! so excited :D
WildMustang
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by WildMustang »

:D Welcome to HWO!
Savannah Thompson
Visit My Farm

Post by Savannah Thompson »