The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Need Volunteers for Upgraded Accounts

larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Need Volunteers for Upgraded Accounts

Post by larissar »

Okay I've upgraded all of your accounts. There are two things you'll notice. First is that now you have 10 banked days instead of 4 like basic accounts have, and second is that your username appears in green now to indicate you have a Premium account. You can change this though if you'd rather your name didn't appear in green. In your forum profile just change your default group to the Basic one. You'll still have all the same perks of a Premium account without having your username appear different.

I'll post here as more Premium Perks are added in over the next week.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I've enabled some of the Upgraded Features on the forum.

Premium Users can:
Send Private Messages
Use a Signature
Set an Avatar

Regular Users cannot do these things. If you are a regular user and your able to access these features let me know so I can correct it.
I'll be testing this myself tonight. I have to step out for an hour or so.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Hm. Can you add some sort of link to players' farms to our user profiles and/or post info? I was using the signature to provide a direct link to my farm, as there is currently no efficient way to reach this.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

This account still has a signature when you visit the profile
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

Not to be rude but is there a chance that the features will change? I think the ability to send a private message should be something any member should be able to do. Especially if a group of people are wanting to work on a breeding project. It encourages cooperation and communication
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote:Hm. Can you add some sort of link to players' farms to our user profiles and/or post info? I was using the signature to provide a direct link to my farm, as there is currently no efficient way to reach this.
Yes, a farm link will be added in very soon. Next up on my list is to fix up layout and navigation related issues.
SageFeather145 wrote:Not to be rude but is there a chance that the features will change? I think the ability to send a private message should be something any member should be able to do. Especially if a group of people are wanting to work on a breeding project. It encourages cooperation and communication
This is what the breeding log forum is for, as well as breed registries which are going to be the next major update.
There are very few benefits to upgrading right now which is why Private Messages aren't available to everyone.

Edit: Also I'm planning on adding a ping feature so you'll be able to reach out to a specific user if thats what you need to do.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

But the breeding projects forum will likely be huge when the game is up and running. And basic accounts will have no way to search for players offering the services they need. And if someone wants to contact a specific person regarding services, they can't; they could post a thread, in theory, but it could get buried or never be seen by the person it was meant for.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

How about this. I've been planning on adding in a one-time $1 purchase. Basically a life-time perk for your account. I've been considering a few different perk ideas, no exact details just yet, but if you feel strongly about this I may consider moving the Private Messages and Forum searching feature into this $1 bundle. It would still not be available to all users, but if someone wanted to spend $1 they could have access.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

That could work. I still think it's unreasonable to not give full basic functionalities from the outset.
DragonHorse!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by DragonHorse!!!! »

Probably WAY to late, but, if you still need volunteers... :? :?
Sorry, I just now saw the forum post because I was just scrolling through, and, uh, yeah!! So like I said, if you still need volunteers, I will be willing!! :D :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:23 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:23 am