The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Help Me Throw My Money Away

Electron
Visit My Farm

Help Me Throw My Money Away

Post by Electron »

Hello my fellow HWO players and playerettes.

After looking at my HWO bank account, I realized that I have wayyy too much money for what I need to continue my breeding program (Arabians aren't THAT expensive :lol: ). I was thinking that since this game is still relatively new, and the community is still fairly small, a cash infusion for some community members may be beneficial for their breeding program. These gifts would come with no strings attached... I just enjoy being nosey and hearing about everyone's plans, and I don't have the time to creep through all of your breeders logs... or read long forum posts... or really do anything besides jump on, rush through training/breeding, hurriedly enter shows, and then jump off. Yay for college. :D

So anyways, if any of y'all are a bit cash-strapped at the moment and have your eye on a pretty pony that would be beneficial to your program, fill out the form below and I'll see what I can do. Seriously. No shame. Think of it as Electron Claus coming about 7.5 months early this year.

Your Name:
Your long-term breeding goals:
Where you currently are in respect to those goals:
How much you think you need:
How you will use the money:
Best horse you currently have in your stables:
Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here:

I am fully aware that there may not be all that much of a need for cash right now, but I wasn't sure. Never fear though, if this doesn't work out, I'll think of another way to be a contributing member of the HWO society. :)
careless
Visit My Farm

Re: Help Me Throw My Money Away

Post by careless »

Your Name: careless
Your long-term breeding goals: to breed appaloosa's and irish hunters from scratch with a large paddock for every breed and xbreed involved
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: trying to get my hand on the 60 odd paddocks
How much you think you need: any amount (there is no way i am asking for help getting that many paddocks :P )
How you will use the money: to buy the paddocks and expand my farm so that they fit.
Best horse you currently have in your stables: bullet eclipse
Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here: my fave horse on here at the moment is bullet eclipse, she has tiger eye and appaloosa markings. her training is going rather slow but I think that I can eventually get some real nice foals from her. She is currently winning level 3 local shows and I hope that she will be able to win higher level shows soon.
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Just wanted to throw in that this is a brilliant idea! I will definitely refer people to your post if I hear they need money ;)

If this "business" turns out to drain your stash of money, I'll gladly throw some in as well :)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Hollow Point Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Hollow Point Farm »

Your Name: Hollow Point Farm
Your long-term breeding goals: A string of well balanced non-feathered Percherons. I would like to eventually throw some color into my farm, ex: appy coats.
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: Still new, I do not have much money so that has held me back from keeping my goals ongoing.
How much you think you need: At least 20,000 +
How you will use the money: To buy a few more broodmares and try some coat experiments.
Best horse you currently have in your stables: All That Jazz
Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here: I would have to say All That Jazz, only because she was my first horse on the game and so far and i've seen her throw a few great foals.
Takashi
Visit My Farm

Post by Takashi »

Your Name: Southern Star Station/Takashi

Your long-term breeding goals: Australian Stock Horses with minimal COI, nice variety of solid colours with a focus on dilutes.

Where you currently are in respect to those goals: Have bred a few ASHs (Unfortunately all colts) from some Arabian stock I had on hand, a fair bit of inbreeding going on so my long term plan is to achieve a few more ASHs before outcrossing to well statted TBs for colour and to help bring COI down.

How much you think you need: Anything you'd like to so generously offer, Electron Claus! :D

How you will use the money: I'd like to expand my farm to house more horses (Maybe put up a barn to look fancy? ;), continue to work on upping my horse-ownership level and purchase some nice Thoroughbreds to keep in house - and if any ASHs turn up i'd like to be able to buy them, too!

Best horse you currently have in your stables: GLMR Gunnedah - One of my first bred horses and one who isn't showing any signs of appaloosa like his father and brothers (Long term plan includes getting rid of those spots!) and has a more promising breeding report; not a complete fail xD

Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here: GLMR Kosciusko simply because he's the first ASH I bred
SilverStars
Visit My Farm

Post by SilverStars »

Your Name: Silver Stars Farm
Your long-term breeding goals: to raise the amount of Abyssinians there are in the game to about 100 (there are 57, two of them are mine)
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: My lack of money has kept me from doing much. My current horses don't generate a ton of money...and I can't afford to pay for the courses for new horses, so I'm in a jam. I need more fields and a stable, as i have also run out of space In my current fields...and i can't afford to buy another because I'm pretty broke as of the moment. I really want to breed more Abyssinians but i don't have the space nor the money to do so.
How much you think you need: um. 20,000? I'm fairly new to this game...i could be very off on my estimate...honestly anything that can help pay for this would be amazing.
How you will use the money: buying a stable, perhaps a pasture, and buying/breeding more horses that help along my goal.
Best horse you currently have in your stables: Its a tie between Gamma (a North African Barb x Arabian) who i use to breed Abyssinians and Spirit of the Desert (a North African Barb)
Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here: Definitely Kota, my Abyssinian filly. She's really pretty and i just really like her a lot...to be honest i don't even know why but i do.

Thanks
ruby_jane
Visit My Farm

Post by ruby_jane »

Your Name: ruby_jane
Your long-term breeding goals: To breed 3 green stat Arabians
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: So far I've managed to breed 2 green stat, but so far no 3 greens.
How much you think you need: anything you are willing to give <3
How you will use the money: to pay for outside stallions with more green stats to put with my mares
Best horse you currently have in your stables: probably a 3 green stallion I bought a couple minutes ago xD Interstellar has nice colour too, I'm yet to see how he goes producing with my mares.
Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here: This bloke here, Luiciano is probably my favourite, as he's the first 2 green stat boy I've bred with colour, and he's produced me nice foals!
Electron
Visit My Farm

Post by Electron »

Aela wrote:Just wanted to throw in that this is a brilliant idea! I will definitely refer people to your post if I hear they need money ;)

If this "business" turns out to drain your stash of money, I'll gladly throw some in as well :)
Thanks Aela! You seem to have a thumb close to the pulse of the forum's, so any guidance you can give me as to places where there is a need in the HWO community would be great! I'm just starting to finish up a Galloway breeding project, and I'm starting to look for something new to do.
Hollow Point Farm wrote:Your Name: Hollow Point Farm
Your long-term breeding goals: A string of well balanced non-feathered Percherons. I would like to eventually throw some color into my farm, ex: appy coats.
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: Still new, I do not have much money so that has held me back from keeping my goals ongoing.
I'd like to award you $15,000 plus possibly a couple of horses. I've had an ongoing breeding project of breeding Strength/movement into my Arabians, and so I've got a couple of pretty decent little Forest Horses or Belgians on my second account. If you would like, I can breed a couple of foals for you to have to help you on your journey. Or you can just take a $20,000 lump sum-- I'll let you choose. :) Here are the pastures where I hold my horses:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/10248
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/10248
Takashi wrote:Your Name: Southern Star Station/Takashi

Your long-term breeding goals: Australian Stock Horses with minimal COI, nice variety of solid colours with a focus on dilutes.

Where you currently are in respect to those goals: Have bred a few ASHs (Unfortunately all colts) from some Arabian stock I had on hand, a fair bit of inbreeding going on so my long term plan is to achieve a few more ASHs before outcrossing to well statted TBs for colour and to help bring COI down.
I'll offer you more or less of the same deal I made with Hollow Point above. You can either have $15,000 and 2 foals of your choosing, or a lump sum of $20,000. I'm not sure what breeds you need, but I have a nice little collection of Arabian's (and a motley mix of other breeds) that you are more than welcome to breed to.
SilverStars wrote:Your Name: Silver Stars Farm
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: My lack of money has kept me from doing much. My current horses don't generate a ton of money...and I can't afford to pay for the courses for new horses, so I'm in a jam. I need more fields and a stable, as i have also run out of space In my current fields...and i can't afford to buy another because I'm pretty broke as of the moment. I really want to breed more Abyssinians but i don't have the space nor the money to do so.
Thanks
I'd like to give you $10,000 and an Arabian colt from my own lines, with the possibility of more money if you are in dire need. I've got a few quality colts coming up that should all be able to compete well and provide you with a semi-stable source of income. Most of my horses also end up doing extremely well in level 5 or 6 local shows once fully trained, which could really help with your cash flow. The colt I'm thinking of could also be used as a stud for your breeding program. I should have one ready in a day or two if you would like it.
ruby_jane wrote:Your Name: ruby_jane
Your long-term breeding goals: To breed 3 green stat Arabians
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: So far I've managed to breed 2 green stat, but so far no 3 greens.

Always lovely to find another Arabian breeder on here! :D Does $10,000 sound good to you? That would cover anywhere from 1.5-4 breeding's, depending on who you breed to.
Emkacf
Visit My Farm

Post by Emkacf »

Your Name: Still thinking about it
Your long-term breeding goals: I would like to develop nice arappaloosas
Where you currently are in respect to those goals: I just started two days ago but today I managed to get my first 1 green arabian foal. I want to first breed nice arabian for starting the line and breed nice appaloosa or I will find a decent stallion for stud for the mare
How much you think you need: to be honest I am not sure as I said that I just started the game
How you will use the money: I would need a new pastures as I have only one and I would like to train so I could have more horses and more pregnant mares
Best horse you currently have in your stables: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/334251 - she will retire soon but she is pregnant with great 4* male so I hope they will get nice arabian foal
Tell me about your favorite horse that you've ever bred/owned on here: well today I had my very first 1* horse, it's not even near what I want to breed but I am very happy to have my first green foal
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

This is great. Makes me want to start up the weekly cash raffle again. I can't wait for proper money sinks. I had more than enough cash to last a lifetime tens of millions ago. Sometimes I want to just buy every low priced horse up for sale, just to have something to spend my money on.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm