The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How did you choose a breed (or breeds) to focus on?

ruby_jane
Visit My Farm

Re: How did you choose a breed (or breeds) to focus on?

Post by ruby_jane »

I bred arabians since I started, and I still only breed pure arabians.
I've tried a ton of other breeds, but never stuck to them so I gave up and now just stick solely to arabians.
Now, my lines are full of different colours, like champagne's, duns and appy spots.
I used to have a lot of greys, but I bred them out because I don't like when the grey takes over the base colour and hide it lol. At one stage I bred for blacks, but slowly they too died out and I haven't been able to breed them back in yet.
Also have a couple now with tiger eye that randomly showed up in one of my stallions somehow and is now in most of my younger horses.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

Corvus wrote:My favorite horse breed is the Finnish Universal, so that's what I'll eventually end up with. Of course, I also like several breeds along the way such as the Norwegian Fjord and Icelandic so as I slowly work towards my Finnish horses, I'm breeding those as well. I also have Aztecas because it's a Mexican breed and my family is Mexican so it made sense to me.
hi I am trying to get a purbreed Mongolian mare and I was wondering if you could sell me one cheap it doesn't matter how good she is really
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

by the way what is tiger eyes?
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Post by Corvus »

darklass wrote: hi I am trying to get a purbreed Mongolian mare and I was wondering if you could sell me one cheap it doesn't matter how good she is really
Sure why not?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/502946
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I'm still looking for breed I want. I might choose a breed later. It might be Vladimir Draft.
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

I've been breeding many breeds recently. Thoroughbreds,Anglo-Arabs,Friesians,and Arabs.I couldn't decide what I wanted to do.Finally,I decided to breed horses with green strength.I want to improve the driving horses,as they need good strength.So I am just mixing breeds for the time being.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

Corvus wrote:
darklass wrote: hi I am trying to get a purbreed Mongolian mare and I was wondering if you could sell me one cheap it doesn't matter how good she is really
Sure why not?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/502946
thank you !!!
SaddleUp
Visit My Farm

Post by SaddleUp »

When I first start playing HWO, I had no idea that I could ever focus on a horse breed, but then I discovered that Breeds Wiki, so I have chosen two breeds, that I'm focusing right bow-Ardennais an then I'll try to breed all the horses that I will need for Latvian Heavy Draft.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

darklass wrote:
thank you !!!
hey I hate to bother you but would you mind if I looked at some of your Mongolian mares and do a Tibetan pony eval on them ? deputy distraction does not really have a good Tibetan pony eval on her and I would be willing to pay $1500 for one. if its alright with you :)
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Post by aschaab »

ruby_jane wrote:I bred arabians since I started, and I still only breed pure arabians.
I've tried a ton of other breeds, but never stuck to them so I gave up and now just stick solely to arabians.
Now, my lines are full of different colours, like champagne's, duns and appy spots.
I used to have a lot of greys, but I bred them out because I don't like when the grey takes over the base colour and hide it lol. At one stage I bred for blacks, but slowly they too died out and I haven't been able to breed them back in yet.
Also have a couple now with tiger eye that randomly showed up in one of my stallions somehow and is now in most of my younger horses.
When I first started playing this game, it was when they were doing the test part of it and I had an Arabian mare named Wildfyre (my horses real name out of the game lol. She's a nice driving mini btw :P). I was so sad when they reset the game cause Wildfyre was a really nice foundation, but oh well, right? When they reset the game I had a really nice foundation Arabian stallion named AOF I'm On Fire; he was the top Arabian stallion... back in the day, lol. I also had the top Gypsy Vanner and Morgan. AOF Royal Medusa (GV) and AOF Blade's Edge(Morgan). As of right now, I am focusing on breeding Morgans. I have a special kind of build I want (the type Blade had cause I miss my Blade man, lol). I'm also looking for Welsh Cob breeders who will stud their stallions out for me to breed my Arabians to since I'm trying to "create" new Morgan blood as well. There's only one Welsh out there that's pure for stud... I'd also love to get my hands on a nice mare or a stallion Cob as well, if anyone would be willing to sell one or two to me, I'd be forever thankful. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am