Community Forum

Help finding silver genes

Sognatore
Visit My Farm

Help finding silver genes

Post by Sognatore »

Hello!

I am breeding Rocky Mountain Horses and I am trying to find the genes that turn off the dapples on silver horses.
The horses should look something like this:

As you can see the above horse is not bay or brown. It is black with a silver gene.

Currently my silver dapple horses look like this:
Color Test

So if anyone is interested or finds a horse with a small (or no) amount of dappling please post below :D
paddlepoplion
Visit My Farm

Re: Help finding silver genes

Post by paddlepoplion »

Take a look in my Mares and Stallions paddock, I have a really dark brown silver NAB stallion in there. If you like the look of him let me know :)
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

The closest you can come to the picture is to have a silver brown horse in the game. Silver black horses don't get much darker than the silvery coat without dapples you showed in one of your horses.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Also keep in mind that the horse you posted a photo of is young, and Silver changes with age. So you may find a young horse like that on HWO but his colour will not stay it will change over time to be closer to the second horse image you posted.
Jessi2
Visit My Farm

Post by Jessi2 »

The Sooty gene darkens my horses coats a lot. I agree silver brown would be darker than silver on black. especially if you add a full body sooty gene with no mealy in it. I have some samples.
Become a Patron!