The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Black Oak Baby Trial Comps (temporarily on hold)

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Black Oak Baby Trial Comps (temporarily on hold)

Post by BlackOak2 »

Black Oak Baby Trials Events Page

For the time being, I will not be hosting any events. My online time will be very limited and with spring on the way, there is a lot of projects to tackle. Once I find my time online occurring regularly again, I will then begin hosting the baby trial events regularly. Feel free to host alternative baby trials during my absences or otherwise.
So... I run the Black Oak Baby Trials. I do so for those who like to test their babies really before heavy training or breeding stock evaluations or for whatever other reason the foal has in store for its life.
The Baby Trials (as of November 9th of 2017) has been updated with a new run schedule. I can't do much about the competitions that only allow one entry, and not too much about the in-hand (there are only so many shorties born on my farm), so although these will still be available, they will be limited and will run off-schedule.
In the near future, expect the bulk of these trials to run in a 24 hour force-run program. I will force run these trials by filling the necessary slots up to twenty competitors and as long as the competition script continues to work, this will force them to finish within five minutes of the twentieth entrant.
I will post the scheduled set one day, then the next time (habitually, the very next day) I sign on, I will force-run the set and set up the next scheduling.

There is more information about the Baby Trials and a 'how-to' evaluate your horses on my Farm Log page for insight as you learn what you need to look for and you hone your own competitor program.

Thank You.

Now for the changes. I'll make this decently short and simple enough. I will always have an In-Hand competition available for usage. I will continue to fill up four of the five slots but will not force-run this competition. This will be the Constant Baby Trial and should always be available (unless somebody uses it and I'm currently off-site). I will have three slots available for the Rolling Disciplines. The Rolling Disciplines are those competitions that allow only one entry per farm. I suspect I will fill one or two spots on a regular basis. When these competitions run, I will fill the available slot with the next in line on the Rolling Discipline roster. This leaves seven slots left. These seven slots I will upgrade to force-running in a 24 hour period at a later date. These will be the English & Driven Set and the Western & Pull set.
Black Oak Baby Trial Sets
(11 available competition slots)
For yearling & second year fillies and colts.

Constant
In-Hand

Rolling Disciplines
(to be run in order, only one entry allowed per farm)
Endurance
Harness Racing
Racing
Saddleseat
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Western Pleasure

English & Driven Set
Cross Country
Dressage
Driven Dressage
Hunter
Marathon Driving
Obstacle Driving
Show Jumping

Western & Pull Set
Barrel Racing
Cutting
Log Pull
Pole Bending
Reining
Western Trail
Working Ranch
Edit #6: Updated page with the new Baby Trials setup.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 12 times in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for Feedback on Baby Trial Comps

Post by BlackOak2 »

Well, I know some of you do still use them, so I'll leave them as is until I get some feedback for changes.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Baby Trial Comps

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baby Trials English Set is up. There is an additional Saddleseat for multiple entries. And I will fill the in-hand to four entries for anybody who wants to enter that.

Enjoy.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baby Trials Driven & Racing Set is up.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baby Trials Western Set is up. There's an extra Western Pleasure for multiple entries.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baby Trials English Set is up. A secondary Saddleseat is made and as has been my usual, I'll fill in four of the five slots for the in-hand.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baby Trials Western Set is up. There's an extra Western Pleasure for multiple entries.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baby Trials English Set is up. A secondary Saddleseat is made and as has been my usual, I'll fill in four of the five slots for the in-hand.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm