The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Competition Entry Fees and Purses

Ashara Storm
Visit My Farm

Competition Entry Fees and Purses

Post by Ashara Storm »

How is it that there is currently a level 2 Harness competition with a $500,000 entry fee and a $277 purse? I thought I read somewhere that this kind of disparity wasn't possible.
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition Entry Fees and Purses

Post by rosie0922 »

Ashara Storm wrote:How is it that there is currently a level 2 Harness competition with a $500,000 entry fee and a $277 purse? I thought I read somewhere that this kind of disparity wasn't possible.
I know right. I accidentally entered a saddleseat competition with a $500,000 entry fee that will never run for a similar reason and I want my money back.
Ashara Storm
Visit My Farm

Post by Ashara Storm »

rosie0922 wrote:
Ashara Storm wrote:How is it that there is currently a level 2 Harness competition with a $500,000 entry fee and a $277 purse? I thought I read somewhere that this kind of disparity wasn't possible.
I know right. I accidentally entered a saddleseat competition with a $500,000 entry fee that will never run for a similar reason and I want my money back.
Yow! That hurts the pocketbook!
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

Ashara Storm wrote:
rosie0922 wrote: I know right. I accidentally entered a saddleseat competition with a $500,000 entry fee that will never run for a similar reason and I want my money back.
For sure. And there it was, lurking in a low level Saddleseat competition, and so I totally missed it until it was too late!
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

rosie0922 wrote:
ask the admins to fix it?
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

rosie0922 wrote:
Ashara Storm wrote:
For sure. And there it was, lurking in a low level Saddleseat competition, and so I totally missed it until it was too late!
If it's any reassurance, once someone enters half of the entry fee goes to the purse. so, if four other people enter it won't be such a big loss.
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

I guess but it's pretty ethically questionable, and it's a problem that perhaps should be addressed.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Agree with the above, such high fees are bad for the game. Some proportionate limit should be built in. Some competitions barely reimburse the entry fee at 3rd and 4th place.

We sure do keep coming up with more work for Admin, though, eh?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 am