The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Crummy foal quest. Anyone else working on it?

Totina
Visit My Farm

Crummy foal quest. Anyone else working on it?

Post by Totina »

Is there anyone else other than me who is working on the crummy foal quest at the moment? Or has someone already succeeded in getting a horse with less than 10k in HGP?

So far I have succeeded in getting horses with less than 20k but I think I will eventually need to add a few more breeding lines with red stats in other skills than what my current horses have.

I also thought I could share a few of my lowest HGP horses so far:

Flying Low

Stay Low

Little Leaf
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Re: Crummy foal quest. Anyone else working on it?

Post by Xant’hippe »

Flyer-Owl has been looking for "bad" starter materials; posted a note in "Horses for Sale" two days ago. (There have been earlier attempts but I am not sure if anything came of them.)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =15&t=9022

The Turkmene stallion posted by Horsey8866 is far from "crummy" with a 33K HGP and one green -- pretty nice for AC. The filly referred to by Scythian was sold and has been trained and aged: not a great mare, but somewhat improved. 26K anyway, and another AC -- but no reds.

AC Shetlands often have reds, especially if they are cute little "gray" (actually silver with bay, brown, or black) ones. Sucker bait? Starting with NABs seems effective ... I wonder if they make an even stronger disharmony with Shetlands.

Also, maybe I'm being unfair, but I suspect AC Tarpans and Przewalskis are not brilliant.

Anyway, good luck, and I'll be watching for updates. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:Is there anyone else other than me who is working on the crummy foal quest at the moment? Or has someone already succeeded in getting a horse with less than 10k in HGP?

So far I have succeeded in getting horses with less than 20k but I think I will eventually need to add a few more breeding lines with red stats in other skills than what my current horses have.
I am working on it also. I believe there may be one or two others that are 'seriously' working toward it.
I'm down to the 11,000's but haven't yet broken that line.

I have been keeping track of landmarks (though few and far between), in my farm log.

Following are my 11,000's stock.

Solitary Tolling

HGP 11969

Alone On Bell Toll Hill

HGP 11949

Midday On Bell Toll Hill

HGP 11932

Charm Of Blue Throne

HGP 11665
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Totina wrote:Is there anyone else other than me who is working on the crummy foal quest at the moment? Or has someone already succeeded in getting a horse with less than 10k in HGP?

I am working on it also. I believe there may be one or two others that are 'seriously' working toward it.
I'm down to the 11,000's but haven't yet broken that line.

I have been keeping track of landmarks (though few and far between), in my farm log.

Following are my 11,000's stock.

Solitary Tolling

HGP 11969

Alone On Bell Toll Hill

HGP 11949

Midday On Bell Toll Hill

HGP 11932

Charm Of Blue Throne

HGP 11665

Those are really nice and very close to the goal of a crummy foal. Would you be willing to put up a stallion of yours for stud? (I could pay a lot for just one foal to mix in with my line, where I would like to add in red movement. I have horses with red strength if you would like to add those into your lines as well.)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
I was planning on selling a couple mares to others who were well into the project once I got under that 10k mark. There's a good chance I'm within a generation or two.

I would be willing to do a trade, a stallion for stallion, or mare for mare. But I don't like selling or offering up any until my projects are done.

I was looking for a trade a couple weeks ago when I was in the 17,000 HGP range, but there were no takers (I had a bunch of mares favoring throwing nothing but fillies and it took me forever to find a combination that would throw a couple colts).

Yeah, we can make a trade, that's what I'm willing. Either a set we're both done breeding with (older than ten, under 15), or fresh (never used).

My weakest (rather strongest) BR comments are Agile and Speed. I seem to throw a couple foals still with average in agile or speed or both. So I would be hoping that you could provide a line that was weak in those. All of my lines seem to be weak in movement (as you already noticed). Plus stamina and tempo. Those are the usual reds I get. More and more often, intelligence has been coming up red.

What else are you looking for, other than red in movement?
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Totina wrote:
I was planning on selling a couple mares to others who were well into the project once I got under that 10k mark. There's a good chance I'm within a generation or two.

I would be willing to do a trade, a stallion for stallion, or mare for mare. But I don't like selling or offering up any until my projects are done.

I was looking for a trade a couple weeks ago when I was in the 17,000 HGP range, but there were no takers (I had a bunch of mares favoring throwing nothing but fillies and it took me forever to find a combination that would throw a couple colts).

Yeah, we can make a trade, that's what I'm willing. Either a set we're both done breeding with (older than ten, under 15), or fresh (never used).

My weakest (rather strongest) BR comments are Agile and Speed. I seem to throw a couple foals still with average in agile or speed or both. So I would be hoping that you could provide a line that was weak in those. All of my lines seem to be weak in movement (as you already noticed). Plus stamina and tempo. Those are the usual reds I get. More and more often, intelligence has been coming up red.

What else are you looking for, other than red in movement?
Most of the time my horses end up with bad or very bad in speed and agility. I have this stallion for example that show just how far I have come in bad/red stats except that movement trait.

Righteous Low

You can take a look in these two pastures on the horses I currently own with low HGP:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/8487
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/14523
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Most of the time my horses end up with bad or very bad in speed and agility. I have this stallion for example that show just how far I have come in bad/red stats except that movement trait.

Righteous Low

You can take a look in these two pastures on the horses I currently own with low HGP:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/8487
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/14523
He's a decent enough sire and producing quality... low quality (Ha!) foals. It's kind of fun doing this project, looking for the best... of the worst.

Anyway...
I'd be interested in the following from your herd for a straight trade... and below them, I have a good pick of mares and stallions you're welcome to (or if you want another not listed, you can find more well, everywhere in my farm... which is why I asked if you wanted something a little more specific, I have... many...). Anyway, I'm sure I can find something to suit your needs and probably looks... and probably color... HaHa! look... I made a funny.

If you'd be willing to part with these, including Righteous Low, your stallion from above... or
Flying Low

or
Stay Low

I am most interested in Stay Low.

----------------------
In trade, you're more than welcome to one of the following two stallions...
Freedom For Blue Crowns

or
Requirements Of The Blue Crown

or one of the six following mares (all of these have already produced for me and are retired from my program)
Splendid Blue Throne

or
A Throne In Blue

or
Elusive Blue Crown

or
Gravestones On Bell Toll Hill

or
Blue Throne Lies

or
Danger To The Blue Throne

Your best bet might be Danger To The Blue Throne, she comes from a long line of strong weaker-foal producers on her dam side. They seem to throw quick and sequentially so the get 'retired' from the program quick. Her line also seems to throw mostly fillies. I could also offer any of her three fillies, all untested (one is currently carrying).

Let me know. By the way, even with the HGP so low in my herd, I still get a positive or a really great comment occasionally. I wonder how many reds we can have?
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:
He's a decent enough sire and producing quality... low quality (Ha!) foals. It's kind of fun doing this project, looking for the best... of the worst.

Anyway...
I'd be interested in the following from your herd for a straight trade... and below them, I have a good pick of mares and stallions you're welcome to (or if you want another not listed, you can find more well, everywhere in my farm... which is why I asked if you wanted something a little more specific, I have... many...). Anyway, I'm sure I can find something to suit your needs and probably looks... and probably color... HaHa! look... I made a funny.

If you'd be willing to part with these, including Righteous Low, your stallion from above... or
Flying Low

or
Stay Low

I am most interested in Stay Low.

----------------------
In trade, you're more than welcome to one of the following two stallions...
Freedom For Blue Crowns

or
Requirements Of The Blue Crown

or one of the six following mares (all of these have already produced for me and are retired from my program)
Splendid Blue Throne

or
A Throne In Blue

or
Elusive Blue Crown

or
Gravestones On Bell Toll Hill

or
Blue Throne Lies

or
Danger To The Blue Throne

Your best bet might be Danger To The Blue Throne, she comes from a long line of strong weaker-foal producers on her dam side. They seem to throw quick and sequentially so the get 'retired' from the program quick. Her line also seems to throw mostly fillies. I could also offer any of her three fillies, all untested (one is currently carrying).

Let me know. By the way, even with the HGP so low in my herd, I still get a positive or a really great comment occasionally. I wonder how many reds we can have?
I would be willing to trade Stay Low for Danger To The Blue Throne, since that mare, as you said, seems to be throwing "good" horses that would suit my needs quite well.

If you're also interested in my stallion I could put him up for stud (or even trade as well) for whatever price you'd like. Your stallion Requirements Of The Blue Crown looks promising as a stud/trade with 5 red stats.

I think it is possible to get pretty much all red stats, if I remember correctly. I think I have read somewhere that it is much easier to get many red stats than many gold stats (it is not even possible to have all gold stats as far as I know).
I think the red stats might not have the same limitation to them, though I have yet to see any horses with red balance or agility.I have been thinking about experimenting with some of the breeds from the AC to see which ones could possibly be hiding red balance and agility.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
I would be willing to trade Stay Low for Danger To The Blue Throne, since that mare, as you said, seems to be throwing "good" horses that would suit my needs quite well.

If you're also interested in my stallion I could put him up for stud (or even trade as well) for whatever price you'd like. Your stallion Requirements Of The Blue Crown looks promising as a stud/trade with 5 red stats.

I think it is possible to get pretty much all red stats, if I remember correctly. I think I have read somewhere that it is much easier to get many red stats than many gold stats (it is not even possible to have all gold stats as far as I know).
I think the red stats might not have the same limitation to them, though I have yet to see any horses with red balance or agility.I have been thinking about experimenting with some of the breeds from the AC to see which ones could possibly be hiding red balance and agility.

I'm willing to do both trades. Equal for each. There isn't many online right now, we may be able to do this without loosing the horses.
If I post them for 500, and you post for 500, they shouldn't appear at the top of the list if searched for, by another person.
Sound Good?

I also have a sneaking suspicion the combination is arabian/forest cross for that hidden balance and agility negatives, but definitely really ugly horses. Arabians with weird non-flat crops and forests with hips level with the withers. Often times I surf those AC horses for just the look I want and generally it comes out in my favor.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Totina wrote:

I'm willing to do both trades. Equal for each. There isn't many online right now, we may be able to do this without loosing the horses.
If I post them for 500, and you post for 500, they shouldn't appear at the top of the list if searched for, by another person.
Sound Good?

I also have a sneaking suspicion the combination is arabian/forest cross for that hidden balance and agility negatives, but definitely really ugly horses. Arabians with weird non-flat crops and forests with hips level with the withers. Often times I surf those AC horses for just the look I want and generally it comes out in my favor.
Well, if you breed for bad stats looks just have to be less important. It might even be funny if your horse turns up to look like a giraffe or something.

Stay Low is pregnant at the moment with Righteous Low but I would be willing to make the trade anyway if it isn't much of a problem for you.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 am