The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Crummy foal quest. Anyone else working on it?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Crummy foal quest. Anyone else working on it?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:...
Gee... I think this foal looks a little like something you had before... :lol:

Black Crest
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Totina wrote:...
Gee... I think this foal looks a little like something you had before... :lol:

Black Crest
It definitely looks like the same results that I have had myself but I could not get any further than that. I had a little bit of a backlash with my new experiments but I have come up with a new strategy that I just wish I had thought of earlier.
Instead of using horses that seemingly don't have any pattern genes (they only varnish) it would be much better to use horses from before the leopard patterns were even added to the game.
As far as I know, no one really knows if snowflake spots are programmed to be all visible from the point of view that we see the horses in the game or if they could appear on the other side (and not be visible). In order to bypass this questionmark completely is to use horses that we know for sure are not carrying any genes connected to the leopard comples (including spot size, density of spots and such).
Doing so I hope I can get a good picture of what the patterns look like when they are 100% heterozygous and then using a varnish roan to determine what genes a non-leopard horse could carry if just the LP switch is added. If that foal look any similar to what a near leopard horse and an early game horse would produce, than that first non-leopard horse could be hiding useful genes.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:...
I have created a completely new topic for these discussions here:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 948#p43948

Feel free to add your results and to comment on what is already written in order to make that thread the "headquarters" of what we know about leopard patterns.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:

Feel free to add your results and to comment on what is already written in order to make that thread the "headquarters" of what we know about leopard patterns.
I will work through, transfer and update some of the older information of my notes and begin to ping others that have already showed interest (if they don't get there themselves).

I have found an occasional horse on the market from before the patterns, but they are rare. I did have one myself, but that was some time ago. I think you'll be nominally looking for id numbers below the 300000 mark. Give or take. Actually, it might not be that low, I'm going off of sheer memory (which is lacking most days :? ).
Then again... you might have one or two stashed away somewhere!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/185631
Actually, the id's are even earlier than that. I think that horse is really close to the beginning of when they first came out.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Totina wrote:

I will work through, transfer and update some of the older information of my notes and begin to ping others that have already showed interest (if they don't get there themselves).

I have found an occasional horse on the market from before the patterns, but they are rare. I did have one myself, but that was some time ago. I think you'll be nominally looking for id numbers below the 300000 mark. Give or take. Actually, it might not be that low, I'm going off of sheer memory (which is lacking most days :? ).
Then again... you might have one or two stashed away somewhere!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/185631
Actually, the id's are even earlier than that. I think that horse is really close to the beginning of when they first came out.
Going to the very last pages of stallions up for stud was an easy way to find horses with id numbers that are even lower than 100, so I'm good for now and have started to get some results already.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Totina wrote:
Going to the very last pages of stallions up for stud was an easy way to find horses with id numbers that are even lower than 100, so I'm good for now and have started to get some results already.
AHHAHAHAHA!!!! kudos!
:lol:

I seriously wouldn't have even considered that. Would have been a serious D'oh! moment for me.

*logging in the back of the mind to be remembered... and then forgotten... at the moment I can use it*
Yup.
KingJayy
Visit My Farm

Post by KingJayy »

how to work the crummy foal quest
Shiva
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Shiva »

I have a mare with 10,600 I believe, pretty close!
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

I am getting a little bored with my crummy foal quest. My lowest mare is 10,537 although they have ancestors as low as 10,300s. I would like to pass mine on to someone who is seriously working on it. I have been doing it since it showed up and so plateaued with inbreeding. I think an outcross could do the trick. Anyone interested in taking over my herd?
Claire_
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_ »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:I am getting a little bored with my crummy foal quest. My lowest mare is 10,537 although they have ancestors as low as 10,300s. I would like to pass mine on to someone who is seriously working on it. I have been doing it since it showed up and so plateaued with inbreeding. I think an outcross could do the trick. Anyone interested in taking over my herd?
I would love to! The lowest in my herd is only 10,600s and I am still working to get to the 500s.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 am