The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

My opinion on what price to sell a horse

GracelynEquus
Visit My Farm

My opinion on what price to sell a horse

Post by GracelynEquus »

I feel like people don't understand how much or little they are selling their horse.

I know the game has changed a lot but here is my opinion/help on how much to sell a horse

Each green = 250

Each gold = 500 (unless six gold then 6k+)

If high strung or spirited that could add 1k or 2k

If fully trained easily 10k-15k+ not including golds, not 200,000!

If mostly trained depending how trained 5k-10k not including golds

Be careful with champions. Some champions might have very little wins and the only reason they are a champion is that their owner put them in a BUNCH of competitions.

A champion horse with a good precent of wins (make sure it was in a good amount of comps, not just like 3) could add 3k-10k+

This is only a guide/opinion. I posted this because once again I feel like people don't understand how much their horse is worth. :)

Thanks for reading!
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Re: My opinion on what price to sell a horse

Post by KayaineII »

To comment on this, I think horses are worth what their owners price them at. If someone is willing to buy them at that amount, then they are worth it.

I personally sell my horses for the kind of money you're talking about. The minimum I sell any horse I've bred from one of my lines is 25K. If they're trained, 50K. I don't care how many greens or golds they have. I created an entire line of horses, usually from scratch. This line can be used by others to bring down their COI. I don't usually stud most of them out, and I rarely sell horses, so it's a line of that breed that can't be found anywhere else. Sometimes, they come with an advanced show record. If I'm selling a fully trained horse with a proven show record, I've priced one of my studs for more than half a mill.

Not to say that I completely disagree with you either. Some horses are way over priced, but just as often, they're under priced. I think the value of a horse has to be determined by each owner. I have tons of people who tell me my horses are way overpriced, but when I put one up for sale, it is usually bought within a couple of hours.

On the other hand, when I buy horses, I price them in my head. If their price doesn't match up with what I think it's worth, I tell the other person why I think I should pay more for it and then I do.

I feel like I'm rambling a bit, but basically, I want to leave you with the comment that if you don't value your horses, no one else will either.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I agree with both of you.
Also, I want to add that for a beginner, newly trying their hand at the game (before they really understand what's going on), a basic work-up, such as GracelynEquus has offered, is a very decent way to 'learn' how a horse might be priced. In many other games, I would price very similar to how that is. It would give me a 'base price' on what it might be, then I would offer in the oddities (if I really liked it, add price, or if it does something really weird, like always offer hard or poor offspring, subtract price).

This information could be added to our farm logs so that purchasers might get an idea of what stable sells what and for approximately how much. For stables that offer a lot of sales, this would be what I would look at.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

i agree with you all :p
Arabians are plenty in the game, so if you then use a price guide i understand. But i also understand when you have lots of arabians and you need the room, you offer your horses for a lower price.
Other more rare horses you can ask what some one else is willing to pay, like kayainne says.

Sometimes i dont need a horse to be sold, but i dont really need it aswell, so i ask a big price so serieus players with enough money (like you guys) can use it if they want.

this week i sold two horses for 100.000+ credits, and they sold in 10 mins.. For me thats confirmation people think the horses are worth it. I think they are worth it, because i bred those horses and the 8+ generations that came before them.
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Oh guys. I'm not sure about fixed prices for gold/green. I understand it's easier to say "here's 2 golds and 1 green and this mare should be sold for 1.5k". BUT what about rare traits like movement or strength? It won't work like it.

About training: if you can't train horse by yourself, you must hire a player. It's around 10-15k. And after that the horse may not be lucky enough to pay you back with earnings, you might want to sell it. Include here all the time you spent on breeding, training and entering in competitions, and you won't end with less than 15k even without considering gold or green.

I'm also thinking about all that easy money we can make participating in several breeds' competitions. I'm afraid that there's literally no use of this money, and horses will cost more not because of their worth, but because there's no useful way to spend it anyway. We might use them as a boost for player courses...

And I'm thinking that entry fee and prize money should be linked somehow. It's just ridiculous to have 1$ fee and 1kk$ purse. I have a dream about system of game-created competitions with official titles assigned, with qualifications and effort needed to participate. Right now it's not possible, but it would be great.
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
GracelynEquus
Visit My Farm

Post by GracelynEquus »

Farant wrote:Oh guys. I'm not sure about fixed prices for gold/green. I understand it's easier to say "here's 2 golds and 1 green and this mare should be sold for 1.5k". BUT what about rare traits like movement or strength? It won't work like it.

About training: if you can't train horse by yourself, you must hire a player. It's around 10-15k. And after that the horse may not be lucky enough to pay you back with earnings, you might want to sell it. Include here all the time you spent on breeding, training and entering in competitions, and you won't end with less than 15k even without considering gold or green.

I'm also thinking about all that easy money we can make participating in several breeds' competitions. I'm afraid that there's literally no use of this money, and horses will cost more not because of their worth, but because there's no useful way to spend it anyway. We might use them as a boost for player courses...

And I'm thinking that entry fee and prize money should be linked somehow. It's just ridiculous to have 1$ fee and 1kk$ purse. I have a dream about system of game-created competitions with official titles assigned, with qualifications and effort needed to participate. Right now it's not possible, but it would be great.
I forgot to add about rare traits.

I'd say like 1k at least for a rare trait.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am