Community Forum

Breeding Quest

Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Breeding Quest

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong. I'm trying to breed a Kathiawar i and the wiki tells me to breed a Baladi with an Arabian x Turkmene which I did. The result was a 50% Baladi. So back to the drawing board and I decide that maybe the Baladi should be the stallion which she wasn't first time round so Baladi stallion and Arabian x Turkmene mare, again the resulting foal is a 50% baladi. Can anybody shed any light please on why I'm not getting the foal I expect.
LilyTromp
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding Quest

Post by LilyTromp »

Do you have a Kathiawar book?
Grade the two horses you want to breed for Kathiawar and see if the fit together.
For example if the Kathiawar is a pony breed according to the book and you have two horses with 85% horse build then the chance of succes is very very small

or if both horses have 40% bodysize and you need a 9% bodysize result, its not gonna work
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Thanks very much I'll go get a book and investigate.
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Having investigated, the Arabian x is the wrong height, so now I know what to look for thanks again. Another question if you don't mind. Does it matter if the Baladi is a mare or stallion? The Baladi is named first in the breed pairing.
Devolare
Visit My Farm

Post by Devolare »

Neither gender nor which is "first" in the pairing matters when trying to get the horse you want. The foal just has to have all the breed requirements met.
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Thanks, I think I'm getting my head around it now. I've just had another failure, both stallion and mare met breed requirements but the foal was short, never mind if at first you don't succeed.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Keep trying, sometimes i get a grade horse with 4* for the breed i want to breed and then after 5 tries i finally got one

sometime perfect matches 5* x 5* gets failure and sometimes bad matches 2* x 3* get succes
I got lots of failures for making a Yanqi, but now i got 5 in one day :)
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm