The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

So what is your project(s)? [Friendly Discussion]

JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

So what is your project(s)? [Friendly Discussion]

Post by JillJessie1997 »

I finally have settled on two projects that I'm excited to get started with. Both projects differ in their ways but they both have an end component of 5* scores, purebred horses, no crosses or grades (although I love my Grades and Crosses :D)

Number #1 has an end goal of low COI, 5* Belgians with spotted coats. This project will be for COI and color mostly--don't care if their HGP is high or low, don't want any red stats in the report though. Neutral will be fine. On a side note, I have been on the stud/sale market and it seems this one as far as the spotted coats go might be a little tricky as I have yet to find a Belgian with any color, but I'm determined to get it done one way or another :mrgreen:

Number #2 is simple enough really, 5* Arabians with an assortment of colors (from plain to painted to spotted, lol) to choose from. I'm not concerned with high or low COI as long as there are no red stats in the report (neutral doesn't bother me, just am aiming for more greens/golds) and a high HGP (50k+).

So I actually went ahead and bought the horses that fit the criteria for these projects. Finding the Arabians I need was easy enough and mares are pregnant, so that ball is rolling. Locating the Belgians I needed was a bit more trickier, it took some shuffling through the market to find what I was looking for, and even then, I had to settle for two plain-looking fillies (one is still a foal, the other is 2 years 6 months). So it will be a while before the ball is in the court for that one. Either way, I'm excited to start these projects and can't wait to see if I can reach my end goal for each (me thinks the Arabian will be accomplished easier than the Belgian project based on the browsing I've already done though :lol:)

So, what's YOUR project(s)? I can't wait to hear them :D
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: So what is your project(s)? [Friendly Discussion]

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

I have several Irons in the fire...

Appaloosas and Walkaloosas with loud extensive color

Appaloosas and Walkaloosas with Blankets and the Dapple gene

Dishy-Faced Arabians-I really got tired of seeing the straight faced arabians, and wanted to see the true Arabian face, next I will be trying to add in the swan neck

Working on several of the Russian Breeds (I'm not Russian, but would love to live in Russia and plan on visiting the county at some point)

Eventing Vyatkas

Currently Orlov Trotters (Russian Trotters on deck) are under improvement status with me, I'd like to get to 70K HGP, 6/7 stat (highest one I have so far is 64K)

One of my original 5 Orlovs: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/810848
My newest eventer (finished yesterday): http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/861709

I'm currently breeding the Soviet Heavy Draft (Russian Heavy Draft on deck), I'm not worried about stats right now with these just breeding a small colony so they can be rotated into the improvement category.

All of these projects are with the intention of having eventable stock
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:I have several Irons in the fire...

Appaloosas and Walkaloosas with loud extensive color

Appaloosas and Walkaloosas with Blankets and the Dapple gene

Dishy-Faced Arabians-I really got tired of seeing the straight faced arabians, and wanted to see the true Arabian face, next I will be trying to add in the swan neck

Working on several of the Russian Breeds (I'm not Russian, but would love to live in Russia and plan on visiting the county at some point)

Eventing Vyatkas

Currently Orlov Trotters (Russian Trotters on deck) are under improvement status with me, I'd like to get to 70K HGP, 6/7 stat (highest one I have so far is 64K)

One of my original 5 Orlovs: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/810848
My newest eventer (finished yesterday): http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/861709

I'm currently breeding the Soviet Heavy Draft (Russian Heavy Draft on deck), I'm not worried about stats right now with these just breeding a small colony so they can be rotated into the improvement category.

All of these projects are with the intention of having eventable stock
You got quite the amount of projects! I don't think I'm organized or patient enough to manage so many :lol:
Quick question though, why would you want to live in Russia? I can understand visiting it, I would like to myself. But I heard the weather isn't particularly nice there. xD
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
You got quite the amount of projects! I don't think I'm organized or patient enough to manage so many :lol:
Quick question though, why would you want to live in Russia? I can understand visiting it, I would like to myself. But I heard the weather isn't particularly nice there. xD
I'm from the extreme north of the continental USA (Michigan to be precise), I love the cold, Love snow and Ice...I currently live in the middle of a desert and I don't do heat very well. Besides the point, a lot of my values identify with the Russian people. The USA has become way to commercialized, except in parts like the Amish communities.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
I'm from the extreme north of the continental USA (Michigan to be precise), I love the cold, Love snow and Ice...I currently live in the middle of a desert and I don't do heat very well. Besides the point, a lot of my values identify with the Russian people. The USA has become way to commercialized, except in parts like the Amish communities.
I'm from New York and live in Florida right now, so I know what you mean by heat :lol: Well except for a couple weeks it has been raining like it's Oregon....but when it's hot here (and humid, oh so humid omg) it makes me long for the cold. I want to move to Canada as I don't feel so..."welcome" here in the USA anymore due to my disabilities.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
I'm from New York and live in Florida right now, so I know what you mean by heat :lol: Well except for a couple weeks it has been raining like it's Oregon....but when it's hot here (and humid, oh so humid omg) it makes me long for the cold. I want to move to Canada as I don't feel so..."welcome" here in the USA anymore due to my disabilities.
Don't worry about your disabilities and what people think...if they don't take the time to know the real you, then they are not worth knowing and don't deserve to know you. :)
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Don't worry about your disabilities and what people think...if they don't take the time to know the real you, then they are not worth knowing and don't deserve to know you. :)
Thanks for the kind words :D I wasn't really talking about people, my disabilities are invisible, I look perfectly healthy, the one that's the most physical is my eyesight, still not visible. I'm talking more about health care now, I'm lucky enough to be insured, but it makes me sick knowing that if I wasn't, my impairments are now considered pre existing conditions and I would be uninsurable. I feel so bad for my friends and family who can't get or afford health care because their impairments make them unable to. :(
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Thanks for the kind words :D I wasn't really talking about people, my disabilities are invisible, I look perfectly healthy, the one that's the most physical is my eyesight, still not visible. I'm talking more about health care now, I'm lucky enough to be insured, but it makes me sick knowing that if I wasn't, my impairments are now considered pre existing conditions and I would be uninsurable. I feel so bad for my friends and family who can't get or afford health care because their impairments make them unable to. :(
Ah, okay...I've dealt with the system myself and people too.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Ah, okay...I've dealt with the system myself and people too.
The system sucks. People do too just to a lesser extent :P Horses are better than either one though
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
The system sucks. People do too just to a lesser extent :P Horses are better than either one though
Horses or dogs..lol
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm