Community Forum

Does it annoy anyone else...?

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Does it annoy anyone else...?

Post by Silverine »

When people remove your breeder mark/brand/thing you put in the horse's name to mark it as yours? I am getting beyond annoyed right now. (And I'm posting this here to vent rather than posting in suggestions since brands are already suggested/planned.) I bred that horse, I put in the hard work to make it what it was, and yes, I know I'm listed as the breeder but why do you possibly need to remove the little "SVA" that I put in front of the name? Change the name all you like, but please leave my mark alone!

Anybody else need to vent about this?
Enigma
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Does it annoy anyone else...?

Post by Enigma »

You sold the horse, passed on the ownership to another player... I believe they have to right to name the horse whatever they please. If it bothers you, why don't you ask them to put your mark back in the horse's name?
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Enigma wrote:You sold the horse, passed on the ownership to another player... I believe they have to right to name the horse whatever they please. If it bothers you, why don't you ask them to put your mark back in the horse's name?
I understand that. But it seems disrespectful to remove something that a breeder put on a horse to show which lines it came from. And I don't care about them changing the name - call the horse whatever you want - I just feel like they're trying to take credit for my work when they remove the mark. And I would message them, but that would be a lot of pings on the forum because most of the people buying the horses don't have PMs and it gets quite tedious.
Enigma
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Enigma »

I understand that. But it seems disrespectful to remove something that a breeder put on a horse to show which lines it came from. And I don't care about them changing the name - call the horse whatever you want - I just feel like they're trying to take credit for my work when they remove the mark. And I would message them, but that would be a lot of pings on the forum because most of the people buying the horses don't have PMs and it gets quite tedious.
I usually remove my mark before selling a horse because I, for some reason, do not like it when other people use my mark, it offends me. You could add a note in the horse's description when you're selling one with your mark, a request for the future owner to keep your mark in the horse's name...
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Enigma wrote: I usually remove my mark before selling a horse because I, for some reason, do not like it when other people use my mark, it offends me. You could add a note in the horse's description when you're selling one with your mark, a request for the future owner to keep your mark in the horse's name...
Interesting. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. I wouldn't want someone else putting my mark on a horse I didn't breed, but if I have my mark on a horse I'd like it to stay there. I thought about putting a message in the comments. I guess I'll see if it works with the next horses I sell.
Enigma
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Enigma »

Interesting. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. I wouldn't want someone else putting my mark on a horse I didn't breed, but if I have my mark on a horse I'd like it to stay there. I thought about putting a message in the comments. I guess I'll see if it works with the next horses I sell.
Well, I hope it all works out for you.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

No, it doesn't really bother me if they remove the brand, it is their horse...if you don't want anyone changing the brand, you have a choice to keep it.

Personally, I put another brand (separate) from the one I use for my personal breeding lines, too keep track of if I bought the horse or if it is a public stud.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am