The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Can someone help me create a type guide?

Sunken Hill Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Can someone help me create a type guide?

Post by Sunken Hill Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Sunken Hill Stables wrote:
Lemon juice works just fine also.
It is weird like that. When I was going to school, I had a friend that would chew her nails(and when we were all young we all do at some point). Well, one day she came in from over break and her finger was all swelled up. She said, well... ya know... you always bite your nails. I got an infection in it this time. I'm on antibiotics.

Sometimes chaos rules, huh.
It does haha. I use to bite my nails badly when I was young. Glad and somewhat surprised that never happened to me lol.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Lemon juice works just fine also.
It is weird like that. When I was going to school, I had a friend that would chew her nails(and when we were all young we all do at some point). Well, one day she came in from over break and her finger was all swelled up. She said, well... ya know... you always bite your nails. I got an infection in it this time. I'm on antibiotics.

Sometimes chaos rules, huh.
It does haha. I use to bite my nails badly when I was young. Glad and somewhat surprised that never happened to me lol.
I used to work around farm animals, horses and at school in the hands-on agricultural sciences class. I'm very happy it didn't happen to me either.
Guess who chose to try their best to stop biting nails after that.
A decade or so later... I've almost achieved that goal!
Okay, sometimes you just can't find the clippers for that hangnail, and teeth are always hanging out with you... they're like your closest friend, sometimes they're the best thing in the world! Other times, you just feel like taking a hammer to them to knock them out for awhile so they stop bothering you.
But you just can never seem to get away from them... and perhaps that the good thing about them.

Anyway... at the time, I never thought that a person could get an infection from what essentially amounts to a hangnail, but she certainly showed that if the conditions are just right... or just chaotic enough... it can get serious enough to even endanger the life.
She said that the doctor gave her a 'stern lecture' about the dangers of biting nails and mouth bacteria.It didn't stop her from nibbling, but it did encourage her to become seriously religious about her hand-washing. I did ask her about it, long afterward, she said that since it wasn't easy to break her habit, she'd make sure infection was minimized.

... weird sometimes what memories reappear when... I haven't thought about that in... forever might be an adequate word.
Sunken Hill Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunken Hill Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:
I used to work around farm animals, horses and at school in the hands-on agricultural sciences class. I'm very happy it didn't happen to me either.
Guess who chose to try their best to stop biting nails after that.
A decade or so later... I've almost achieved that goal!
Okay, sometimes you just can't find the clippers for that hangnail, and teeth are always hanging out with you... they're like your closest friend, sometimes they're the best thing in the world! Other times, you just feel like taking a hammer to them to knock them out for awhile so they stop bothering you.
But you just can never seem to get away from them... and perhaps that the good thing about them.

Anyway... at the time, I never thought that a person could get an infection from what essentially amounts to a hangnail, but she certainly showed that if the conditions are just right... or just chaotic enough... it can get serious enough to even endanger the life.
She said that the doctor gave her a 'stern lecture' about the dangers of biting nails and mouth bacteria.It didn't stop her from nibbling, but it did encourage her to become seriously religious about her hand-washing. I did ask her about it, long afterward, she said that since it wasn't easy to break her habit, she'd make sure infection was minimized.

... weird sometimes what memories reappear when... I haven't thought about that in... forever might be an adequate word.
I'm still bad about biting mine as well. Though what seemed to help me was painting them for a while. I don't like nail polish at all and the thought of eating it was worse. Now I don't paint them or bite really... but I'm a bit chewy? Hang nails are a different story though lol.

Also your highschool ag. class seems like it was really cool. I didn't have a program like that at my school. I've always been around animals though.

Lol yea all it took for you to remember was a random person on the internet who coughed until her rib cracked. Life can be really weird sometimes! :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm still bad about biting mine as well. Though what seemed to help me was painting them for a while. I don't like nail polish at all and the thought of eating it was worse. Now I don't paint them or bite really... but I'm a bit chewy? Hang nails are a different story though lol.

Also your highschool ag. class seems like it was really cool. I didn't have a program like that at my school. I've always been around animals though.

Lol yea all it took for you to remember was a random person on the internet who coughed until her rib cracked. Life can be really weird sometimes! :lol:
Indeed, life certainly can be weird.
I do the biting at the hangnails, then break down and go in search for my clippers; they don't hurt when I bite them off, but when the blood fills around your cuticle, it gets kinda ugly looking and sucking on the finger until it stops bleeding, well... need I say more?

It was vocational technical school. Not many high schools offer it anymore, but mine still did. Half day at high school, then half day at vo-tech. I lived in a very farm-heavy area, so vocational schooling was almost a must. Much like city schools had pools and like twenty clubs ranging from football to chess to debate... we had vo-tech.

Well, I'm finished for the evening.
I'm sure I don't have to say get better, everybody does so anyway.
You'll get back into the swing of things pretty quick. Here's hoping it doesn't slow you down with things you need to do for too long and that you can get comfortable at least for sleeping.

Cheerio!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 am