The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Foal Adoption Customizer

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Foal Adoption Customizer

Post by Argent »

Is this a one-time use feature, or would someone be able to customize their foals at all times?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Foal Adoption Customizer

Post by larissar »

You'll be able to use the Foal Adoption Customizer when you adopt a new foal from the Adoption Center, but only once per foal. So you can't change the foal later down the road. The Foal Adoption Customizer cannot be used on foals which are born into the game though, only on newly created foals with no parentage.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Would this feature be purchasable at a later date?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

There is a good chance it could be available at a later date as a separate purchase but this is not decided yet.
hwojunkie
Visit My Farm

Post by hwojunkie »

If you buy the Foal Customized package from Kickstarter, you'll be have that option forever, right? Like it won't be a limited amount of foals that you can adopt?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Yes, thats correct it is not a time limited feature. It would be permanent on your account regardless if you continue with an upgraded account or not. You will always have the customiser.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

And if you bought through the game later on, it would be a recurring charge?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

More than likely yes it would be a charge for each use, but that's not really decided for sure just yet.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

So, in theory, since phenotype reflects traits, if you knew what aspects of a horse's appearance related to its stamina, balance, etc. you could create a horse with good genetic traits right off the bat?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

You are still confined within the genetic limits of the breed, but yes you can customize a horse to be good for particular abilities. It's not just limited to colour customization. There isn't just a single variable for each athletic ability though and you don't get to choose the exact genes, just the phenotype. The game determines which genes are necessary to create the chosen appearance and athletic potential.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 am