Community Forum

In game jobs

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Drewgc
Visit My Farm

In game jobs

Post by Drewgc »

How will you earn money in the game?
Also will there be jobs for example someone would have a farm and would grow carrots there (and possibly use there horses to plow the fields like a Clydesdale)and then sell the carrots. Or someone would be a vet and get paid to help sick or injured horses.

Sorry if this question has already been asked,
Thanx! :D
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: In game jobs

Post by larissar »

You can earn money a number of ways including winning competitions, selling horses, buying/selling items, crafting items to sell, studying for jobs like becoming a vet, farrier, trainer, etc and opening your own store or business.

Eventually we'll add in crop growing too. I like your suggestion of using horses to plow the fields. I think something like this shouldn't be too hard to add in. :)
Drewgc
Visit My Farm

Post by Drewgc »

Thanx and clydesdales and shires are two of my favourite breeds :)
doghorse123
Visit My Farm

Post by doghorse123 »

About those jobs:
If you are trying to make it into a more realistic (kinda) style could you study to get multiple jobs? Personally in real life I plan on getting training as a horse training, equine massage therapist, farrier, equine dentist, and saddle maker.

An idea that would be very fun to add is a saddle designing game. Perhaps people could open their own tack shop and build saddles and create their own designs. As an art lover I would love to see more of that in these equine breeding games.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

You will be pleased to know then that yes players can study for any or all jobs available in the game. Jobs do take time to learn though so it's up to the player if they want to specialize in a single job, or be a Jack-of-all-trades.

We absolutely plan on having "saddle designing" similar to what you've asked and players will eventually be able to open their own stores to sell their own crafted saddles, bridles and more :)
Become a Patron!