Community Forum

Options on Horses Page

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Neon Blue
Visit My Farm

Options on Horses Page

Post by Neon Blue »

• - I was looking at the pages of some of your horses, and I keep wanting to look at the horses' foals and full pedigree, but I can't.... So I was wondering if you'd add these in?
    - Also i'll love for horses to have 'breed ratings' so the closer the horse to the breed standards, the higher their rating, and if a horses appears of that breed that is better than any other horse the breed standards will change just a fraction and possibly some ratings go down a little too.
    - How long will it take to train a horse so they have full muscle?
    - Will training time differ in different breeds and horses, genders, etc.?
    - Will hairiness be put into HWO? (For example: shetlands are very hairy, and thoroughbreds are not.)
    - When will the patterns and markings be added? I really can't wait for them :D
    - Will normal players be able to create and name their own breed, perhaps make a breed standard too, but it not be on the registry or be available to other players to buy unless the player who created it, sells it?
    - How many paddocks can a player make, and will there be different sizes?
Thanks, I hope I make sense, I can elaborate if you'd like :)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Options on Horses Page

Post by larissar »

Neon Blue wrote:I was looking at the pages of some of your horses, and I keep wanting to look at the horses' foals and full pedigree, but I can't.... So I was wondering if you'd add these in?
Yes full pedigrees will be added in very soon. :)
Neon Blue wrote:Also i'll love for horses to have 'breed ratings' so the closer the horse to the breed standards, the higher their rating, and if a horses appears of that breed that is better than any other horse the breed standards will change just a fraction and possibly some ratings go down a little too.
Horses will get a kind of rating when they are registered with a breed registry. These will be coming soon too.
Neon Blue wrote:How long will it take to train a horse so they have full muscle?
This depends entirely on the skill of the player. Players can learn skills which help make a horse fitter faster. For a new player with no skills it could take many many years (of the horses age) to reach full muscle potential. But a very skilled player could get this done in only a couple of horse years.
Neon Blue wrote:Will training time differ in different breeds and horses, genders, etc.?
I plan on adding something like this in, but more testing of the current system is necessary before I can expand into variable timelines.
Neon Blue wrote:Will hairiness be put into HWO? (For example: shetlands are very hairy, and thoroughbreds are not.)
Eventually yes hairyness will be added in, as well as curly hairs too. It will probably be one of the last features added in before the game opens up.
Neon Blue wrote:When will the patterns and markings be added? I really can't wait for them :D
Probably not until closer to when the game is ready to open. The programming for this is all in place, but the artwork required can take quite a bit of time to prepare and it's possible the current horse "base" may change before the game opens. So I don't want to put all that time into creating the patterns, only to possibly have to redo it before the game opens.
Neon Blue wrote:Will normal players be able to create and name their own breed, perhaps make a breed standard too, but it not be on the registry or be available to other players to buy unless the player who created it, sells it?
This is undetermined right now. Likely creating new breeds will be an upgraded feature.
Neon Blue wrote:How many paddocks can a player make, and will there be different sizes?
Yes pastures and paddocks will come in different sizes and be able to hold different quantities of horses. The number of pastures you can own is limited only by the size of your farm (which can be increased by purchasing more land)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 am.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm