Community Forum

Akhal Teke Coat

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
AKD1727
Visit My Farm

Akhal Teke Coat

Post by AKD1727 »

I was wondering how the Akhal Teke coat will be represented? As most people who know the breed know, they have a unique 'glow' or metallic sheen to their coat due to the way the hair is structured. This 'glow' can sometimes affect the way a colour looks too. I guess this would apply to the main and tail of the Peruvian Paso in a similar sense also...
Has this been considered, or have you decided not to include this at this stage?
FYI Here is an interesting page on a study of the Akhal Teke hair - http://www.cgakhaltekes.com/index_files/Page2110.htm

Also, congratulations on the successful Kickstarter! I'm really excited about this and can't wait to be apart of the Beta phase :D
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Akhal Teke Coat

Post by larissar »

The Akhal-Teke "glow" is probably one of the most popular traits of any breed I know of. To not include that in the game would be a shame. I've already figured out a way to add this in and I think it's turned out pretty good. I haven't added the genes for this into the version online, but once I start adding in more colours to the game then I will activate that gene as well. :)

We really are getting so much closer to letting Beta testers in. The game won't have ALL the features added in when Beta testing begins, but it will have all the important features necessary to play and test things out. Right now we are working through a few bugs, incomplete features and multiple resets. But it's getting exciting now, and we're getting closer :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:03 am.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm