Community Forum

Abyssinian Breeders

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Abyssinian Breeders

Post by Nazarach »

Hello and welcome fellow breeders and visitors!

looking around in the BC-section I noticed all Abyssinian-related Topics are rather outdated/inactive.
Finding studs, certain genes or breeding partners is hard - especially if the diversity on the market is so very low.

So, I hope any- and everyone interested and/or already breeding can find some use of this Topic and hopefully help each other out <3

The main reason for opening up this topic would be:

- putting up studs you want to/are willing to share (for money or just helping breed diversity)

- putting up goals you want to reach/work on and need help with/are searching for advice on

- posting a picture of some high-stat horses you might be willing to selectively breed with

or
last but not least; just take a look at some of the lovely horses this breed can produce :)
(and if you have an idea for this topic - or its design just give me a ping/quote ;) )

Thank you for your time ^^
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Abyssinian Breeders

Post by Nazarach »

I'm mainly breeding for solid coat Smoky Blacks and Buckskins with Tiger Eye - so if you have a stud you might be offering I'd probably be ecstatic ;)

A few studs of my lines you can always ask me for to put up (if they aren't already):

Abyssinian [+1]; 5* Abyssinian; 44 HGP; 25% COI
Yearning Dark

Part Arabian x Abyssinian [69%]; 4* Abyssinian; 55 HGP; 50% COI
Abbadon

(And one colt that'll hopefully be up for breeding soon:)
Abyssinian [100%]; 5* Abyssinian; 49,1 HGP; 24% COI
Mischievious Sǣl

(If you are interested in a breeding with one of my mares you can also ask me - fair warning though, I tend to take my time and might need a few days/weeks, I will try to keep it short but it might happen.)
Eckles
Visit My Farm

Post by Eckles »

I got an Abyssinian from breeding my Part North African Barb mare with my North African Barb stallion. Since I'm breeding North African Barbs, I wasn't going to keep her. Then I realized there doesn't seem to be a lot of Abyssinians
and with her HGP of 63,153 (maybe the highest HGP Abyssinian?) I decided to keep her, train and breed her.

Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Eckles wrote:I got an Abyssinian from breeding my Part North African Barb mare with my North African Barb stallion. Since I'm breeding North African Barbs, I wasn't going to keep her. Then I realized there doesn't seem to be a lot of Abyssinians
and with her HGP of 63,153 (maybe the highest HGP Abyssinian?) I decided to keep her, train and breed her.
Is it New Gal? she's a beautiful one ^^ and nice to see someone willing to keep up the breeds population :) if you need anything in regards to abyssinians, part nabs or arabs give my pastures a look :3 anything to help new players ;)
Eckles
Visit My Farm

Post by Eckles »

]Got my second Abyssinian today. This one from the same stallion as before but out of a different mare. She's Part Arabian/North African Barb. Her name is Surprise, because I was surprised I got her! I'll try to post a photo. She has a HGP of 63.047.

PS I can't figure out how to post photo.
Last edited by Eckles on Sun May 16, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Eckles wrote:]Got my second Abyssinian today. This one from the same stallion as before but out of a different mare. She's Part Arabian/North African Barb. Her name is Surprise, because I was surprised I got her! I'll try to post a photo. She has a HGP of 63.047.

PS I can't figure out how to post photo.
Lucky you ^^ photos can be either embedded (it shows the most recent photo) with the 'horse=' button and the numbers string from the url - f.e. with this horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2902839
take the 2902839 and insert it behind the = of the [horse=][/horse]
and voila:

if you want a specific picture - like, one where your horse looked especially good, was a certain age etc.
then go to your gallery and right-click on the photo you want to use, select the choice of copying the url and insert it between the [img]here[/img] and it should show up as well :) same as embedding a clickable link to a horse like i did above ;)
Eckles
Visit My Farm

Post by Eckles »

I have a smoky black Abyssinian stallion that I have put up for stud. HGP 67,329; 3gold, 1 green. HIs name is English Incognito.

Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Eckles wrote:I have a smoky black Abyssinian stallion that I have put up for stud. HGP 67,329; 3gold, 1 green. HIs name is English Incognito.

Oh ^^ He's a pretty one, gorgeous color, nice and lowish COI and high hgp <3 I'll definitly visit him pretty soon :D
though; you do know you can put him up for more? I do like him and really appreciate the price cause he'd be new blood for my lines - but in the name of honesty... ;)
Eckles
Visit My Farm

Post by Eckles »

Eckles wrote:I have a smoky black Abyssinian stallion that I have put up for stud. HGP 67,329; 3gold, 1 green. HIs name is English Incognito.

Here's a photo of his first foal.

www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3127175

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm