Community Forum

The Official Lipizzan breeding foundation (OLBF)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Re: The Official Lipizzan breeding foundation (OLBF)

Post by Pieta »

Ivy Stables wrote:
Pieta wrote: I just saw that you have multiple accounts and I don't know which is correct so I decided to Ping all your accounts. The message is above :) if you are interested ;)
Infinity Stables isn’t actually my side account, it’s my brothers. I use it sometimes, but I don’t like to post through it. He never posts anymore, so I wouldn’t try pinging him :)
Thank you for explanation ;)
HorseRescue
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseRescue »

Hi!

I have a 100% purebred stallion That fits your description.
Here he is if you want to look at him.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2599032
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

onyxthehorse3 wrote: breeder
Well, since I've been breeding Lipizzan's in game since the birth of my account, and created the very first Lipizzan breeders association in game I feel like it's only right that I should chip in. :D
Username and important side account(s): honeybunny, honeybunny#2, honeybunny#3
Are you willing to trade and breed horses with other members: Yes. I don't trade my horses for free as I have too much time and effort into my specific lines, but I offer reduced price points. :D
Will you follow the rules stated above: Yes. Accept I pay train my mares and compete with them as per the tradition of the Spanish schools to train all mares under saddle. Traditionally only stallions compete, but with my mare's competeing my project actually turns a profit. :lol: Which is rare for me. lol
Will you only sell foundation stallions, not mares: Yes. But you won't see any of my stallions on public market even then.
How many Lipizzan horses do you have, and what quality level of Lipizzan are they (qualities are stated below): Honestly I'm not sure the exact count. Two notable stallions. All purebred, solid white (grey is WIP and not yet a dominate gene in this breed in game) with correct build. Often over ideal height but with correct body type and warmblood shape to features and bone.
{HB} Diamond Blizzard
(Young finished mare)
{HB} Admiral Moonstone
(Upcoming yearling colt)
{GM} Vanilla Passion
(Purchased off market for experimental use)
{HB} Admiral Galaxy
(Ignore the Zebra Costume :lol: )
{HB} Diamond Admiral
(Foundation stallion)
{GM} Empire Ice
(Purchased off market for experimental use)
Will you only sell horses foundation horses, if you have permission: Yes
Anything else you think we should know: I do Lipizzan market clearance on occasion and thus have a stock of quality horses who are of incorrect colors that are available for experimental use!
Example: {GM} Admiral Spirit
Excellent body shape and build, better height but incorrect color. (Pure white foals do exist in the Lipizzan breed, but they are very very rare. Champagne however never has occurred) Experimental stud colt.
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

10987654321hi wrote:I have some questions about Lipizzans. I'm don't fit in your categories to be part of the group here as I both breed and compete. I wanted to play this game with my daughter and she "gave" me one of her extra farms and starter stock. Somehow her Lipizzans seem to have either or both Champagne genes (green eyes) and are white at birth (possible sabino variation?). Non-standard of what I remember of the breed. They say 100% but are atypical. Would anyone help my picky heart breed my Lipizzans back into breed standards. Watching them gray out is part of the joy of the breed. Although beautiful, I'd rather they start black with the silver/grey gene.
Ok. Had to chime in as someone who got to spend two summers in college working at a Spanish Riding school with these beautiful horses. Pure white does actually happen. It is very very rare but there are currently two stallions (I forget their names) who were born white. Typically it's considered impossible but they happen due to genetic mutations often from the intense line breeding in the breed, just like the bay or black horses that don't grey out.
In game I typically prefer to keep my white stock, but I did breed one that greyed out. I was never successful in maintaining a line of them if the greying gene got to diluted and would eventually disappear. So I've stuck to breeding everything else as identical as I can and just getting as close to final greyed out "white" as possible. Best of luck! You need a black stallion (I believe Pieta has some) and greying gene horses. :D
10987654321hi
Visit My Farm

Post by 10987654321hi »

Thank you! I appreciate the heads up on a lead for new breeding stock. So far this is my closest foal to my goal.
[horse=][/horse/profile/2919606]
I didn't use the horse link right but there's the profile. -shrug- I'll go educate myself once we find a facility for Mom. Preferably before she breaks her hip. :? It's a work in progress as I'm often distracted by life matters right now {Snicker}. I'm slowly trying to improve the stock my daughter started me with. It's going to take awhile. The ears on this line are like bunny ears :). I'll work on that later.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 pm

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 pm