Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: BABY IS HERE

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: Foal Watch

Post by Silverine »

03/03/2022 Early PM Update

Foal Watch

Night 5
So I did my evening check and Mojo is still at just about the exact same spot as she was this morning. The only thing I noticed is that she does not want to be standing still. She would stand with me for a bit and then wander around a little and then come back with this look of "mom, fix it" on her face. That's probably just me personifying, though.

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to go back to the barn to spend the night. Mojo was eating when I left and has been trying to rip open her hay bag since then. I think the time period between 10PM and midnight will be vital to my decision making. That seems to be when most mares start to act "off" if they're planning to foal that night.

I'll try to update you guys if I decide to head over to the barn, but I may not have another update until the morning. If you don't hear from me before then you can assume everything is uneventful. :)
Toadally
Visit My Farm

Post by Toadally »

Silverine wrote:
After so long she probably just wants that baby out already :lol:

Is is likely that she will get higher than 85% or do you think she'll stay around there? Sorry for all the questions, its just all so interesting to me :lol:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Toadally wrote:
I don't mind the questions at all. :) She should get into the 95% box. The thing is, will I test her at the right time to see it or will she just pop the baby out? :lol:

Also I decided to also at the barn so am over there now trying not to freeze my fingers off. :D
Toadally
Visit My Farm

Post by Toadally »

Silverine wrote:
Well hopefully she'll wait for you to be there and not just pop it out :lol:

It was pretty bitter cold here last night, hope all went well and you stayed warm :)
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

I am eagerly watching for updates akdhdkshhd i am SO excited
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Malakai10 wrote:I am eagerly watching for updates akdhdkshhd i am SO excited
Ugh, I'm so sorry I haven't kept updating. The stress of everything finally caught up to me and I think I imploded a little. :?

Still waiting on baby. I thought last night for sure - she was super relaxed in the AM, serious case of jell-o butt, she spent almost all day in the shed, and there was rain predicted, but then nothing. Her milk test this morning was almost in the 95% range so... I dunno. I keep getting excited and then crashing and it's really draining. Hopefully something happens tonight but I don't have the energy to be all "IT'S HAPPENING" right now. :P
Toadally
Visit My Farm

Post by Toadally »

Silverine wrote:
She must be really holding out on you. Probably waiting for the perfect time when you're not there :lol:

Hopefully all is well and you haven't lost too much more sleep :)
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Toadally wrote: She must be really holding out on you. Probably waiting for the perfect time when you're not there :lol:

Hopefully all is well and you haven't lost too much more sleep :)
I'm basically running on fumes right now. :lol: I'm convinced the foal is a colt but has heard me saying how I really want a filly and so now it's shy and determined to not come out. :P
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Post by KingstonDressage »

I'm so bummed that I couldn't access the camera, but I'm still reading the posts and man- one of these nights! Its almost as painful for me to see that there is foal coming out yet! Best of luck with the care, Mojo sounds like a dedicated horse who is probably ready to shed the extra weight!

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and let the world wonder how you did it.
Toadally
Visit My Farm

Post by Toadally »

Silverine wrote:
Imagine it actually is a colt. Not even born yet and already holding a grudge. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am